• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

For the 1st time in a couple months was able to (safely) buy a small collection that consisted of 6 long boxes of paperbacks, a mag box of mostly comic book marketplaces, a small box of comics, a couple boxes of hardbacks and a couple other boxes of miscellaneous stuff.....

A few pics of the cooler comic related books....happy days!

20200503_222126.jpg

20200503_222025.jpg

20200503_222050.jpg

Those trades are great, I've never seen many of them before....

21 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

For the 1st time in a couple months was able to (safely) buy a small collection that consisted of 6 long boxes of paperbacks, a mag box of mostly comic book marketplaces, a small box of comics, a couple boxes of hardbacks and a couple other boxes of miscellaneous stuff.....

20200503_222126.jpg

20200503_222025.jpg

20200503_222050.jpg

Nice haul!  Marijuana Girl...:x

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Nice haul!  Marijuana Girl...:x

Yeah, That one was cool.  1960 edition.  Couldn't find one on abebooks or ebay for a price check but I like it no matter what!

Can't wait to read the Lady El by Jim Starlin.  I read the Among Madmen years ago and really liked it....

On 4/30/2020 at 6:00 AM, spreads said:

Antique stores seem to be the epitome of laziness when it comes to valuing comics.  I found a great score of comics at a place that had 4-5 long boxes priced at $1 each (five copies of SSM 64 in there), but when you only have a few comics to value, you'd think you take a minute and put your coffee down to look up the price of a book.  lol

Great grab for you!!

Very true. On the rare occasions I see anything decent, prices are real low or real high. This Donald Duck is a linen book not really a comic book. Either way, $10. is a steal. You would think they would know a little better.

I hit an antique store in PA one time that had 3 or 4 Feature Books and a Large Feature Pluto. Lady wanted $5. each. She told me they were coloring books. I wasn't about to argue...

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Found these in an antique store in Ohio with my wife on one our cross country buying trips a few years ago. Actually, she found them first and called me over. Damn, I love that girl!

pulpfind.jpg

Those are wonderful....:cloud9:

All raw books that I picked up at a storage unit where a guy was selling his collectibles back in 2012.  He had about 4 or 5 storage units filled with different stuff like toys, cards, posters, autographed stuff, short and long boxes of comics, etc.  At that time, I was only interested in comics, boy I wish I picked up other stuff in his storage locker.  But anyways, this is what I bought:

6 copies of New Mutants #98 at $12 a piece..  All graded CGC 9.6

2 copies of Batman #200 for $100 each.  One graded out a 9.4 and the other a 9.6.

An original 1997 Batman the Animated Series cell framed and with a COA out of 500 made (just had to buy it)

What a great day that was :)

Edited by Dark Knight

Checked out 12 longs today from a 'storage locker' buy....I don't know whether the seller or someone else stripped a lot of the books of value, but the lot was quite awful.  Listed for $1500, said he would do $1,000.....maybe in a couple days I'll offer less, it was pretty bad - a ton of it will be bulked out. Saw some decent stuff in there, but not a lot given the quantity....

On 5/3/2020 at 10:37 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

20200503_222126.jpg

I remember buying most of those Marvel paperbacks in the top two rows as a kid and reading them.

It'd be fun to read one of those fine works of literature now.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:37 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

20200503_222126.jpg

20200503_222025.jpg

20200503_222050.jpg

What are those Tales From the Crypt items? Books? 

4 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Antique show find from a few years back

Ignore the sticker prices on these. 
got the entire lot for $550

The JIM 85 graded at 5.0 with off-white pages after a press fixed the spine roll. 
The IM 55 was mid grade 6.0-7.0

X-Men 4 was a GD

FF 45 was a VG20EAC841-096E-40B0-9A42-B383C7B77F63.thumb.jpeg.caf23b6cd85e09524f5bd1f8e21233ae.jpeg283DFBAC-68F7-4962-A741-3A1BD084744D.thumb.jpeg.011c21fa57d117373490ace47256f295.jpeg

Was this in Toronto?

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

NOT comics, but...

A fun estate sale find. Literally hundreds if flat sales man sample matchbooks. All flat and have no striker or matches. They came in a few binders inside plastic sheets. Sales guy would show them to potential customers. These are all pre-1941. Every possible product from caskets to elevators! The graphics and colors are amazing. I had fun for months with this stash!

maatchbookcollection.jpg

matchbooksbeer.jpg

matchbookscars.jpg

matchbooksoil.jpg

matchbooksplanes.jpg

matchbookssoftdrinks.jpg

matchbookssports.jpg

matchbookstrains.jpg

matchbookstrucks.jpg

matchbooksweirdstuff.jpg

These are really cool!  I would of loved to pick this up just for the fun of looking through them.

22 hours ago, Robot Man said:

NOT comics, but...

A fun estate sale find. Literally hundreds if flat sales man sample matchbooks. All flat and have no striker or matches. They came in a few binders inside plastic sheets. Sales guy would show them to potential customers. These are all pre-1941. Every possible product from caskets to elevators! The graphics and colors are amazing. I had fun for months with this stash!

maatchbookcollection.jpg

matchbooksbeer.jpg

matchbookscars.jpg

matchbooksoil.jpg

matchbooksplanes.jpg

matchbookssoftdrinks.jpg

matchbookssports.jpg

matchbookstrains.jpg

matchbookstrucks.jpg

matchbooksweirdstuff.jpg

It's a tuberculosis ball game?? Hell yes, let's go!