• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

It's a tuberculosis ball game?? Hell yes, let's go!

Hey Woogie! 

I like the orange caskets and Bat o Co best.The bat looks just like my real family crest.

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Hey Woogie! 

I like the orange caskets and Bat o Co best.The bat looks just like my real family crest.

Hi Jimmers!

Is your family motto LUBRICANTS too?

(:

:gossip:  Don't forget to bowl for your health!

3 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Hi Jimmers!

Is your family motto LUBRICANTS too?

(:

:gossip:  Don't forget to bowl for your health!

lol well,my PERSONAL motto is lube,Lube LUBE but lol 

Bowl for my health?Now I'm going to walk around thinking of Blanche and Kowalski screaming Stella! 

Bowling for health I always associate with Streetcar.I know,I'm an odd-0

19 hours ago, Comics-n-ERB said:

Okay, I'll play.

Several months ago I found a guy that had some comics he wanted to sell.  (I ended up getting them).  This man was a true hoarder.  Paths through his house, couldn't even get in the kitchen, doors wouldn't open fully; truly the worst cluttered place I had ever been in.  Anyway.........

He also had a near complete collection of Arkham House books.  For those not familiar with Arkham's, they are a specialty publisher of books starting in 1939.  He was missing less than 20 books from 1939-2010.

I was able to talk him into letting them go.  Here they are in my house.  Chronological order.  The last two shelves are stacked two deep.

He also had a real nice paperback collection.  Took another trip, but I got that too.

IMG_4758.jpg

That's insane. Was Dark Carnival in there?

Okay, I'll play.

Several months ago I found a guy that had some comics he wanted to sell.  (I ended up getting them).  This man was a true hoarder.  Paths through his house, couldn't even get in the kitchen, doors wouldn't open fully; truly the worst cluttered place I had ever been in.  Anyway.........

He also had a near complete collection of Arkham House books.  For those not familiar with Arkham's, they are a specialty publisher of books starting in 1939.  He was missing less than 20 books from 1939-2010.

I was able to talk him into letting them go.  Here they are in my house.  Chronological order.  The last two shelves are stacked two deep.

He also had a real nice paperback collection.  Took another trip, but I got that too.

IMG_4758.jpg

Have you found the missing 20?

On 5/14/2020 at 2:05 PM, Comics-n-ERB said:

Okay, I'll play.

IMG_4758.jpg

I'm not familiar with these, can you take a few pics of some of them?  What comics were in there?

9 minutes ago, spreads said:

I'm not familiar with these, can you take a few pics of some of them?  What comics were in there?

Here is close ups of the first row of books.  I don't have any front photo's right now.

Comic's he had were mostly from the 70's-80's.  Run of Conan's, Rom, Spectacular Spider-man, etc....plus a few Golden age books.

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

23 minutes ago, Comics-n-ERB said:

Here is close ups of the first row of books.  I don't have any front photo's right now.

Comic's he had were mostly from the 70's-80's.  Run of Conan's, Rom, Spectacular Spider-man, etc....plus a few Golden age books.

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

Thanks.  So the books have a variety of themes, or are they mostly horror?  

On 5/14/2020 at 2:05 PM, Comics-n-ERB said:

Okay, I'll play.

IMG_4758.jpg

Holy cats. OK, you've got to show the good stuff. Do you have firsts of the Lovecraft in there? Dark Carnival? Lieber? Wow.

9 hours ago, Comics-n-ERB said:

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

Is that a first edition Skull Face?????? Wow. Show more!

IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

Golden age comics you say?   hm

Today a buddy and I were driving to check out a thrift store where the owner told me he just got a few boxes of comics arrived. So I took a look to see what I can find catching my eye fancy. Lots of modern derks, some older marvel, DC... nothing I see. Then I found a few ones that got me curious and interesting. One book I did have to pay as I’ve never seen before and the two others - Golden Arrow #3 low grade and a coverless Mutt and Jeff comic as free with my other cheap comics.

Anyone ever seen this comic book? It looks to be a Canadian edition with white pages. Far as what I figured ... it seem to be a collection of few stories from Active Comics bundled into a thick 68 pages. No number, no date but I assume to be late 1940s maybe?

1C969573-2F16-419E-A541-43B46E8F514F.jpeg

66E55868-B8EF-417E-83DD-C496A2C1F482.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Today a buddy and I were driving to check out a thrift store where the owner told me he just got a few boxes of comics arrived. So I took a look to see what I can find catching my eye fancy. Lots of modern derks, some older marvel, DC... nothing I see. Then I found a few ones that got me curious and interesting. One book I did have to pay as I’ve never seen before and the two others - Golden Arrow #3 low grade and a coverless Mutt and Jeff comic as free with my other cheap comics.

Anyone ever seen this comic book? It looks to be a Canadian edition with white pages. Far as what I figured ... it seem to be a collection of few stories from Active Comics bundled into a thick 68 pages. No number, no date but I assume to be late 1940s maybe?

1C969573-2F16-419E-A541-43B46E8F514F.jpeg

66E55868-B8EF-417E-83DD-C496A2C1F482.jpeg

Canadian book from 1945