• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, PopKulture said:

Well, take a look at the amazing story illustrations featured inside. The two-page splashes are stunning - look for a Whitcomb in there especially. The covers were dogs, but the insides are full of great illos and ads. (thumbsu

Maybe I should of bought them all.

7 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

If they're still available...   hm

Here are some examples of story illos. The first one is a Whitcomb.

35294671.5c1a192a.1024.jpg

35294673.a6b0ac6f.1024.jpg

35293089.09c464ef.1024.jpg

It was a couple weeks ago. If she thought I was crazy for buying this one what would she think if I showed up asking about the others two weeks later.lol

20 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Fun but tiring....today worked 12+ hours on just separating...bulk, $2-5 comics, better comics, undergrounds, trades, hardbacks, toys, non-sports cards, magazines and original art.  Sooooo much stuff.  Still have around 80 short boxes to sort tomorrow.  Lots of cool stuff but lots of bulk too.  I don't think buying a collection like this would be for everyone.  

Here are a couple pics of the really cool stuff.... unfortunately most of the collection is not reflected in these pics.  The majority of items will be much lower value.....

20200703_151308.jpg

20200703_091312.jpg

20200703_080904.jpg

20200703_093840.jpg

when is your next show?

5 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

when is your next show?

Covid-19 has taken care of most shows unfortunately....but as of right now the Buckeye Con in Columbus on July 19th is still a go.  I will probably process some of the best stuff from this collection for it....but I already have more than enough ready for a great Buckeye show.  I just hope everyone in attendance uses their best judgment to be as safe as possible in these crazy times!

4 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Fun but tiring....today worked 12+ hours on just separating...bulk, $2-5 comics, better comics, undergrounds, trades, hardbacks, toys, non-sports cards, magazines and original art.  Sooooo much stuff.  Still have around 80 short boxes to sort tomorrow.  Lots of cool stuff but lots of bulk too.  I don't think buying a collection like this would be for everyone.  

Here are a couple pics of the really cool stuff.... unfortunately most of the collection is not reflected in these pics.  The majority of items will be much lower value.....

20200703_151308.jpg

20200703_091312.jpg

20200703_080904.jpg

20200703_093840.jpg

Uhmm... Tiger you just hit the jackpot 

16 hours ago, jayhawker said:

Picked this up at a garage sale for 1 dollar. It has some water damage but I couldn’t leave it behind. 1953 Ladies Home Journal.

image.jpg

In 1953, I imagine parents weren't saying nice things about comics.

This would be an interesting temperature check right before the Senate subcommittee hearings in '54.

Edit- upon closer inspection I see the author is Wertham. 

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er
This post edited by Wertham

I was able to spend several hours evaluating the collection so I had a good idea on most of the better items which was reflected in my offer.  And yeah....it was buy it all.  Happy my Ford Transit is heavy duty and can haul a ton of stuff....

On 7/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Covid-19 has taken care of most shows unfortunately....but as of right now the Buckeye Con in Columbus on July 19th is still a go.  I will probably process some of the best stuff from this collection for it....but I already have more than enough ready for a great Buckeye show.  I just hope everyone in attendance uses their best judgment to be as safe as possible in these crazy times!

It ought to be interesting.  

On 7/3/2020 at 11:36 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Hey!  I always attend that show!  I hope it happens (fingers crossed) and hope I run into you!  I'll be the one wearing a mask...  :)

47 minutes ago, yecul said:

Not bad for a garage sale find tucked in a box of Archie's and magazines

Edit -- Plus a picture of an owl which I can't get deleted out.

20200711_101056.jpg

owl's that?

Edited by Bird
if you are on your phonje, delte both the pic in the post and the small one in the file upload section