• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I know they're second printings, but I pulled these out of a $2 comics bin at an antique sale yesterday - $6 total cost. Not sure on grade or if they're something that's worth slabbing - probably not? I'm new to the whole CGC thing to be honest:

IMG_0551.JPG

Those can be fun, and there are several graded and sold on ebay or the like. Most would suggest that not to get graded something that is worth less than $100, to each his own, my limits are lower at times.

Although if it's value (by searching comic and adding cgc to search under sold listings on ebay or the like) is under $100, it may be easier to buy already graded etc.

As far as raws (unslabbed) they have value too :) 

If you have a scanner, you can post up to 2 books a day as a scan here

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

and people will attempt to grade it for you ;)  , if anything it may give you a peek into the grading scale now a days, or even go look at books others have posted and how people have graded their books! :headbang: 

Cool Finds! At that cost, I'd probably have picked them up too!

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Those can be fun, and there are several graded and sold on ebay or the like. Most would suggest that not to get graded something that is worth less than $100, to each his own, my limits are lower at times.

Although if it's value (by searching comic and adding cgc to search under sold listings on ebay or the like) is under $100, it may be easier to buy already graded etc.

As far as raws (unslabbed) they have value too :) 

If you have a scanner, you can post up to 2 books a day as a scan here

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

and people will attempt to grade it for you ;)  , if anything it may give you a peek into the grading scale now a days, or even go look at books others have posted and how people have graded their books! :headbang: 

Cool Finds! At that cost, I'd probably have picked them up too!

Thanks - I'll definitely take a scan of them and ask for a grade! Yeah, for $2 a pop I figured I couldn't really lose, and even if they are too low-grade to do anything with, it's still a cool book for that price...

45 minutes ago, spreads said:

Saw a pretty fantastic collection of books today, as close to original owner as I've ever seen (the seller was either 1st or second owner and has had these books for 50-55 years).  

Here's the top book, some real gems in there other than this.  What's most amazing about these books, is that for their grades they have the best colors I've ever seen!

IMG-6288.jpg

Still dreaming for a day like this to come to me 

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Saw a pretty fantastic collection of books today, as close to original owner as I've ever seen (the seller was either 1st or second owner and has had these books for 50-55 years).  

Here's the top book, some real gems in there other than this.  What's most amazing about these books, is that for their grades they have the best colors I've ever seen!

IMG-6288.jpg

Did you 'see' them or BUY them?

It's not clear from your posts.

If you bought them - has to be the biggest haul on this thread for years

More pics!

Edited by Beige

8 hours ago, Beige said:

Did you 'see' them or BUY them?

It's not clear from your posts.

If you bought them - has to be the biggest haul on this thread for years

More pics!

I haven't submitted an offer yet; I left the seller with two proposals,  a straight out purchase on the lot minus the AF15, and I would maximize his value to sell the book separately; a consignment arrangement that I would take on his behalf.  I know I wouldn't be able to submit a fair offer for everything including the AF15, so this is why we're going down these paths.  

I'll send more pics later, suffice to say that the AF15 represents a significant percentage of the value of the collection.  Despite all their lower grades, these books have fantastic colors - some of the best looking 2.5s-3.5s I've ever seen!  

10 hours ago, spreads said:

IMG-6288.jpg

Wow.