• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, RCheli said:

I have no idea why that Excalibur special isn't more valuable. First appearance of the team, great Alan Davis art, higher cover price (so it didn't sell nearly as well as the first issue of the regular series). I buy them all the time, too.

supply and demand

1 hour ago, RCheli said:

I have no idea why that Excalibur special isn't more valuable. First appearance of the team, great Alan Davis art, higher cover price (so it didn't sell nearly as well as the first issue of the regular series). I buy them all the time, too.

It's absolutely one of my all time favorite books. Heavy nostalgia vibe for me. Somewhere there's a yearbook with a picture of me in 7th grade proudly wearing my Excalibur shirt for my school photo! ha

It's a beautiful cover as well, and instantly transports me to those middle school years. Kitty and Nightcrawler were always my favorite X-Men, and as you point out, Davis' art is terrific. No one ever drew those characters better, IMO.

I buy them whenever I see them for a buck or less, and have a pretty healthy stack. It's fun to seek out the different variations. There are at least four: the 1st print no cover price version with barcode on back (not sure if it was actually a newsstand, but it has a bar code all the same. Some folks sell this as a "newsstand". I've never actually confirmed it), a first print WITH cover price $3.25, 2nd print with cover price of $3.50, and a final 3rd printing with $4.50 cover price and "Sword is Drawn" logo on the front cover.

Over the years of picking them up, I've accumulated a stack of a couple dozen or more, and the 1st print w/ cover price far outweighs the others. 2nd print $3.50 is the scarcest according to my experience, but I use "scarcest" in the loosest sense of the word and only my limited buying pool to judge by.  I've only got a couple of the no-price 1st prints as well. Of course, none of them are scarce. BUT, if you're a big fan like me, it's fun to track them all down on the cheap!

May be checking out a small collection with solid keys. Theyre a bit sparae on info despite having a pretty precise list. Just a few pics of individual books (not the ones I wanted to see) and general good/fair condition assessment

Books of note, ASM 129, Avengers 2, Conan 1, Ghost Rider 1, Nick Fury 1-6, Dardevil 5-9, Cap 100-104. Just under 100 books total.

Despite the warning flags I think its legit and think the books may be in a bit better shape from the pics though not by a ton. Only sent pics of Cap 100 and DD 5 of those.

Given those books along with late SA/BA mixture, what might be a good price if all in good shape only?

Will post back if I make the pickup!

I remember when this thread was about stuff people found and bought, not the  'possibly being a joint consignor' or 'I might go look at something'. thread

Don't mind the cool / rare stuff like the drawers above or old toys / clothes, or even those incredibly cool bunch of keys from 'The Glory Hole' hotel I think they were that @Junkdrawer found? (Post the pic again if you have it? - very funny)

Maybe it's the bloody ongoing Police curfew making me grumpy! :sumo:

12 hours ago, Beige said:

I remember when this thread was about stuff people found and bought, not the  'possibly being a joint consignor' or 'I might go look at something'. thread

Don't mind the cool / rare stuff like the drawers above or old toys / clothes, or even those incredibly cool bunch of keys from 'The Glory Hole' hotel I think they were that @Junkdrawer found? (Post the pic again if you have it? - very funny)

Maybe it's the bloody ongoing Police curfew making me grumpy! :sumo:

Half of the posts in this thread do not fall into the title categories!  LOL