• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ft88 said:

These are the two best photos IMO.  Bit of moisture damage but still historically significant I'd think.  Love the train photo - body language is great there.  There were about 40 photos, mostly Mussolini.  That's him coming out of the Savoia-Marchetti SM-79.

Body building mags are pretty crazy.  There were about 50 of them from late 40s to early 50s.  Again, if only comics. 

img172.jpg.b8c6986a7232038d9fba3246ef82f4f9.jpgimg174.jpg.1c9a8659ab1c41fa3214bd86246eabef.jpg

Good Lord, can you imagine the value of those if they were unseen originals?

I assume LUCE was the magazine they were printed in?

Amazing find - and eclectic to say the least!

11 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Went to a couple small shows this weekend....picked up around a short box of stuff...here are a few of my cooler purchases and trades...

20200926_123550.jpg

20200925_204226.jpg

That Hulk poncho is awesome, but I'm going to need you to crack open this mag and let us know what the deal is with Elvis!

59 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

That Hulk poncho is awesome, but I'm going to need you to crack open this mag and let us know what the deal is with Elvis!

I had to have the Hulk poncho....such awesome condition for 1978....

And I will get back with you on Elvis after I read the article....:insane:

23 hours ago, Beige said:

Good Lord, can you imagine the value of those if they were unseen originals?

I assume LUCE was the magazine they were printed in?

Amazing find - and eclectic to say the least!

Henry R. Luce, American magazine publisher who built a publishing empire on Time, Fortune, and Life magazines

I recognized the name having worked for Time in the 1990s

Edited by 01TheDude

6 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Henry R. Luce, American magazine publisher who built a publishing empire on Time, Fortune, and Life magazines

I recognized the name having worked for Time in the 1990s

Yeah, looked that up. ThaNKS.

Very 'cool' - if that's the word for 2 mass murderers posing together - but I hope you know what I mean.

You feeling better Dude? :wishluck:

I don't believe this is related to the Time / Life Luce family but was "LUnione Cinematografica Educativa"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istituto_Luce

Here's the sister image that I found while doing some research.  I prefer the facial expressions on mine but find the background Nazi soldiers interesting in the Archive photo.

https://www.europeanfilmgateway.eu/detail/Monaco di Baviera Mussolini saluta Hitler dal finestrino del treno/il::82a15e58be04b1abfa1de155a184be9c

Here's the back of the two Hitler photos.

img173.jpg.3936c4545ec5a237b61fd1d467058544.jpgimg175.jpg.4c4e84c9c8880df59bf06d29a586975a.jpg

Edited by ft88

6 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Stopped by the local flea market after school today. 

One booth has $1 or 6/$5 comics.  Always find some good stuff.....here are some I picked up today.....

20200929_185315.jpg

I always have a soft spot for the kitty wolvie mini for some reason.

On 9/29/2020 at 6:59 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

Stopped by the local flea market after school today. 

One booth has $1 or 6/$5 comics.  Always find some good stuff.....here are some I picked up today.....

20200929_185315.jpg

I've said this before and again, you're a buying machine!  How good are you at turning over some of this stuff, I believe you were setting up at cons before covid, are you selling online now?

4 hours ago, spreads said:

I've said this before and again, you're a buying machine!  How good are you at turning over some of this stuff, I believe you were setting up at cons before covid, are you selling online now?

Thanks....Between my job as an educator and a comic entrepreneur...doesn't leave me much free time....lol

Before covid would do 25-30 comic conventions a year....so would move a bunch that way plus have several buyers for bulk that I don't want to deal with.

This year...different for sure.  Have done 5 shows since covid....1 each in June, July, August and 2 last weekend (Sat & Sun).  All little shows with no big multi-day shows planned in the near future.

Because of fewer shows have adapted to more online (Facebook and eBay) sales....

All said and done I don't know really how good I am at turning stuff over when there are 1000+ long boxes cluttering up everywhere....and usually by the time I dig through the stacks to find that "hot" book which has popped it's 10 minutes of fame is over....:insane:

NOW....a true buying & selling machine is Earl Shaw....that man finds (and sells) more than anyone I know....Legendary!!

2 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

would do 25-30 comic conventions a year

What does that entail? How is that possible?.. Solo or do you have employees? that number is more than half a years weekends.. that's a full time job if you ask me...