• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Picked up an upgrade to my tiny Seal Junior 70 press over the weekend! Plate and pad both in great shape. Working well. Original owner from 1978 with paperwork. Estate sale find. The house had tons of other cool photography equipment, but the place was a madhouse full of people. I grabbed this beaut and got out. 

20201004_140616.thumb.jpg.e19f62d62fc85ea87d5b015880cb80e2.jpg

20201004_131359.thumb.jpg.6223290c5eadb3dd1687678edec483ae.jpg.c5a640201af17baa74f0f5de48536bc7.jpg

Edited by Rhymenoceros

17 hours ago, wombat said:

I haven't seen a comic at a garage sale in over two years.   :pullhair:

This would normally be prime yard sale season around here, but pickings are slim. I can only assume it's due to covid, either quarantine or just general fear. And I get that. Thankfully most of the sales I've been to have required masks and have spread the goods out so there's room to shop around. Normally I'd go to three or four sales with "potential" (meaning the listings suggest they'll have the sort of stuff I'd like, comics, toys, etc) everyweekend, but lately I've been finding one good one every couple of weeks if lucky.

Edited by F For Fake

8 minutes ago, cabinboy said:

Craigslist find - 150 random Bronze Age books - 100 Marvel, 50 DC.  Nothing too spectacular but the price was right 

I think that's a spectacular haul! I'd be excited over this pick-up. A lot of great art and stories there, even those Tor's peeking out bottom left...  (thumbsu

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

It's only my third trip to the estate sales this year due to COVID-19 and I scored two Golden Age comic books.

At first I was expected both books are restored but I was wrong and was shocked to see how nice condition both books are in.  Not many high grade GA books out there.

Beautiful snags, Michael! Congrats!

10 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

It's only my third trip to the estate sales this year due to COVID-19 and I scored two Golden Age comic books.

At first I was expected both books are restored but I was wrong and was shocked to see how nice condition both books are in.  Not many high grade GA books out there.

Batman23.thumb.jpeg.c8d8aa62cabefabe335702f75a8e035e.jpegActionComics85.thumb.jpeg.45a0672a94cac15479d399a21aca5e0b.jpeg

Both are super nice, but that bat 23...wow!

17 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Batman23.thumb.jpeg.c8d8aa62cabefabe335702f75a8e035e.jpegActionComics85.thumb.jpeg.45a0672a94cac15479d399a21aca5e0b.jpeg

That's insane. That Batman!

There were only two comics there?

31 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Were they the only books at auction, or were there others?

No, Buy it through Estatesales.net then pick them up.  Local pick ups only.  When I picked them up, I was shocked how nice they are!

Over years, I have seen many tattered books with musty smell, bug/mouse chews, missing pages/cutouts, halo covers, rust staples/migration, wormholes, soiled/heavy stains and etc.  However both books are super clean and were kept in old 70's comic bags!

Edited by JollyComics

33 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Both are super nice, but that bat 23...wow!

I tempted to swing that Batman #20 - 1st Batmobile but I saw the cover was detached at the top staple. It's 900 dollars more than #23's price so I decided to take that book with Joker.

16 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Yeah, I saw that on my estate sale app. I called but they wouldn’t ship to me. They were all still available when I called. The Bat 23 looked beautiful and so cheap. I was going to get that and the Tec 76. Always so chancy in a situation like that without being able to see them in person. They wouldn’t even tell me if they were complete. Glad they turned out as nice as they looked and a boardie got them. What a steal!  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, I saw that on my estate sale app. I called but they wouldn’t ship to me. They were all still available when I called. The Bat 23 looked beautiful and so cheap. I was going to get that and the Tec 76. Always so chancy in a situation like that without being able to see them in person. They wouldn’t even tell me if they were complete. Glad they turned out as nice as they looked and a boardie got them. What a steal!  (thumbsu

Yes - what a shockingly good deal!  I know who snatched #75.   Sorry,  I didn't know you were after those books.

A young guy who works for the estate sale company who took care of the estate on the premise has told me a bit about the owners.  The husband passed away a long time ago and his wife currently has a severe Parkinson's Disease. That's all I know.  However, I've noticed there were many cool collectibles like 60's/70's Albums, mini sculptures, scoreless classic prints in frames, old classic film reels in hardboard boxes in drawers with the labels,  - and of course 1970's Zen-like home deco everywhere in sight.  Very nostalgic.  Their collections were in an amazing condition - stored in such a little house!  I doubt they had children.

I am surprised both books were in stored in the same original bags from the 1970's. Those price marks (found on the back cover) were incredibly cheap.  I suspect the owners has bought them at either flea market or a local comic book store yet stored them away ever since.  Forgotten, perhaps.

All in all, what an experience!

Edited by JollyComics

On 10/6/2020 at 7:37 PM, JollyComics said:

giphy (1).gif