• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Make that $$$$$$$ for it....lol

Well, as you know, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay up for the good stuff. The way the market is these days, full price for keys seems reasonable to me, so whatever you paid for it, nice pick up. Looks like a very pretty copy!

On 10/7/2020 at 11:03 AM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, I saw that on my estate sale app. I called but they wouldn’t ship to me. They were all still available when I called. The Bat 23 looked beautiful and so cheap. I was going to get that and the Tec 76. Always so chancy in a situation like that without being able to see them in person. They wouldn’t even tell me if they were complete. Glad they turned out as nice as they looked and a boardie got them. What a steal!  (thumbsu

I bought the Detective 75 and 76 for $800.  Michael beat me to the Bat 23.  Flipped the two I bought for $3,000 the same day.  Crazy deal. 

12 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Anyone have background on where these 3 packs were originally sold (also who put them together)?  First thought mom and pops, but I see a few on ebay.  Got a stack for pretty cheap.

I dunno, but I have like 20 of those with issues 1 and 2.  I think those are the issues inside. 

On 10/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, I saw that on my estate sale app. I called but they wouldn’t ship to me. They were all still available when I called. The Bat 23 looked beautiful and so cheap. I was going to get that and the Tec 76. Always so chancy in a situation like that without being able to see them in person. They wouldn’t even tell me if they were complete. Glad they turned out as nice as they looked and a boardie got them. What a steal!  (thumbsu

What estate sale app do you recommend? I am overwhelmed by the options

27 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

What estate sale app do you recommend? I am overwhelmed by the options

Estate sales.net is probably the best. You can sort by zip code. You can also get national ones as well.

I also search several local ones as well. I have gotton friendly with a number of those in my area. I usually get calls from them when they turn up stuff I am interested in. I can often “pre-purchase”. The good stuff usually doesn’t make it to the public sales. 

41 minutes ago, Bird said:

honestly that sounds like fun, and I am flattered, but keep me out of this!

Nothing wrong with two buddies keeping each other warm on these cold fall mornings!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Looks like garage sale season is winding down, which I expected. Sun is coming up later, temps are much colder in the am, etc. There was only one sale that caught my eye this weekend, so out I go at 6:00am to drive to the boonies to look at a listing with "comics and cards".

The comics weren't anything I could use, but there were a couple of good deals on cards. Picked up this sealed box of Jim Lee X-Men 1991 for $10, and the Boris 3 box for $15. Now I'm fighting the temptation to open up the boxes! I don't really collect cards, haven't for years, but the nostalgia is strong here. I think I'll keep them sealed though. The sealed Jim Lee boxes sell for $80-$100. Now, I could open it, and IF I get an autograph card, that could be around $200 right there. But more likely I won't get an autograph card, and then the box will be effectively worthless. Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, as they say, so I'll likely just keep them sealed and sell 'em before I'm further tempted.

He had bunches of loose hologram cards, but I don't know much about those anymore. My impression is that they're mostly worthless these days, so at $3-$4 a piece, I passed. I DID pick up these two Marvel Masterpieces Foil Etched cards, because, once again, the nostalgia was very strong. I got a sealed box of these for Christmas one year, and that is something I'll never forget.

Happy hunting, gang! I think the season will be wrapping up soon around here.

IMG_7900.JPG

IMG_7901.JPG

IMG_7902.JPG

IMG_7903.JPG

I would not open the boxes. I collect cards and have bought many bulk lots over the years. You can find full sets on eBay, OfferUp, etc. for relatively cheap. Unopened boxes are much harder to find and make nice display pieces.

2 minutes ago, srezvan said:

I would not open the boxes. I collect cards and have bought many bulk lots over the years. You can find full sets on eBay, OfferUp, etc. for relatively cheap. Unopened boxes are much harder to find and make nice display pieces.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll leave them as is. It's funny how if you open them, the cards inside are virtually worthless, but the sealed box can bring good money. But that inner 12 year old is like "DUDE, a whole box of cards! Open 'em up! Think about how fun that would be!"

It should be noted that my inner 12 year old isn't very bright.

30 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll leave them as is. It's funny how if you open them, the cards inside are virtually worthless, but the sealed box can bring good money. But that inner 12 year old is like "DUDE, a whole box of cards! Open 'em up! Think about how fun that would be!"

It should be noted that my inner 12 year old isn't very bright.

Opening packs is a lot of fun, no doubt. I still buy the new Garbage Pail Kids releases in boxes for the joy of opening packs. But for these older releases, you can easily find sets of base cards and the chase cards no problem. Could you find a Jim Lee autograph card...technically, yes. According to NSLists.com (a great resource for trading cards), 100 signed cards were made. Odds are against you finding one.

Found some good stuff today. I bought #2-8 of Secret Invasion because I thought I had #1 at home. I'll know when I get around to it one of these days. 

My first slab! It has a chip off the top right corner, so there was a steep discount. Most of the rest I'm flipping. Bought at 3 of the 5 booths I stopped at. Nice Sunday afternoon. 

20201101_150205.jpg

20201101_150136.jpg

10 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Looks like garage sale season is winding down

While I agree, others and myself have found great finds in Nov and Dec. I would still keep your eyes peeled. Who knows.. maybe we were able to get those buys because of those who had that mentality  

13 hours ago, littledoom said:

While I agree, others and myself have found great finds in Nov and Dec. I would still keep your eyes peeled. Who knows.. maybe we were able to get those buys because of those who had that mentality  

Oh sure, there are always outliers. I keep checking the listings every week, just to be sure. But considering how relatively anemic sale season was this fall, compared to past years, I'm not expecting much. BUT, I never give up!

I purchased a few items from a sci-fi/fantasy collector selling his personal collection. I found this inside a science fiction fanzine from 1978. It looks like a legit Boris Vallejo signature to me, and I assume this is Conan head sketch. I don't really want to email the seller and ask, but I'd love to know the story behind it. (shrug)

20201107_161056.jpg