• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Was supposed to go to a comic show yesterday but it got cancelled due to covid restrictions.

Wanted to spend some $$$ so got together with one of the dealers who was supposed to set up at the cancelled show and came home quite a bit lighter in the wallet but with some good stuff!

20201122_143824.jpg

20201122_185620.jpg

20201122_185800.jpg

20201122_190001.jpg

20201122_194507.jpg

20201122_220617.jpg

20201122_221842.jpg

Lots of goodies, but that Throg poster is epic!

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Lots of goodies, but that Throg poster is epic!

What is the Captain Marvel Jr piece?  Really, really cool. 

100% agree on the Thor poster.  Great artwork for something that could have been horrible. 

Patrick 

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

100% agree on the Thor poster.  Great artwork for something that could have been horrible. 

Patrick 

Gotta do more research on the Captain Marvel Jr.....had this Bulletman as well that looks to have been published around the same time....never seen either one before....

20201122_221847.jpg

12 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Was supposed to go to a comic show yesterday but it got cancelled due to covid restrictions.

Wanted to spend some $$$ so got together with one of the dealers who was supposed to set up at the cancelled show and came home quite a bit lighter in the wallet but with some good stuff!

20201122_143824.jpg

20201122_185620.jpg

20201122_185800.jpg

20201122_190001.jpg

20201122_194507.jpg

20201122_220617.jpg

20201122_221842.jpg

One dealer selling to another - I have visions of 2 pigs fighting in a sack!

I'd imagine there was a bit of back and forth to say the least - nice books bought, and some interesting items to boot - great stuff!  :foryou:

I love this thread :tink:

Edited by Beige

2 minutes ago, Beige said:

One dealer selling to another - I have visions of 2 pigs fighting in a sack!

I'd imagine there was a bit of back and forth to say the least - nice books bought, and some interesting items to boot - great stuff!  :foryou:

I love this thread :tink:

Naw....he's a good buddy of mine....and he is very fair with his prices.  He told me what he wanted....I pulled out the cash.  Can't get any easier than that!

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

After a little research on Comics.org it looks like the Captain Marvel Jr is a Giveaway from 1944 and the Bulletman from 1942....don't know how common or scarce they are but these are the first ones I've seen....

20 hours ago, the blob said:

It has been like 9 months since I bought a comic live I was so excited to see someone selling at a streetside flea market. $1 each. I'm a little late on the Apocalypse books, the Lose is some sort of oddball independent that have high ebay asking prices, but not much in sales history. 

20201123_150523.jpg

Lose is sort of an interesting piece. It's by a guy named Michael DeForge, and has won a couple of small-press comics awards, including a couple Ignatz. The prices people think these books are worth on eBay bears no resemblance to reality; those copies will never, ever sell for those prices. That said, I wouldn't be sad to pick them up in a dollar box. DeForge is pretty talented (and has a substantial following as a Twitter personality besides), and there's a real possibility that he'll make a break into either mainstream comics or mainstream animation (he already did some work on Adventure Time) at some point.

You picked up #2 (on top), #4 (with the yellow background), and #6 (teal). Shame there wasn't a #1, it's quite a bit tougher than the rest of the series. Although, if there's more DeForge stuff in the area, the real chase books are some of his earliest works: the two issues of the Open Country mini-comic. Originally planned as a five-book series, DeForge decided he didn't like where his story and art were going, cut the series short at #2, and destroyed the unsold remainders of the print runs.

41 minutes ago, Qalyar said:

Lose is sort of an interesting piece. It's by a guy named Michael DeForge, and has won a couple of small-press comics awards, including a couple Ignatz. The prices people think these books are worth on eBay bears no resemblance to reality; those copies will never, ever sell for those prices. That said, I wouldn't be sad to pick them up in a dollar box. DeForge is pretty talented (and has a substantial following as a Twitter personality besides), and there's a real possibility that he'll make a break into either mainstream comics or mainstream animation (he already did some work on Adventure Time) at some point.

You picked up #2 (on top), #4 (with the yellow background), and #6 (teal). Shame there wasn't a #1, it's quite a bit tougher than the rest of the series. Although, if there's more DeForge stuff in the area, the real chase books are some of his earliest works: the two issues of the Open Country mini-comic. Originally planned as a five-book series, DeForge decided he didn't like where his story and art were going, cut the series short at #2, and destroyed the unsold remainders of the print runs.

Yeah, i see big asking prices, no actual sales. if i am 20-30% below everyone else I'm still ok. And maybe I keep the #2, dunno.

More TPB's

Non-comic seller on ebay of all places.

Offered quite a low figure, he accepted.

Shipping was very high so I asked if i could use my own courier account.

Yes, was the reply.

I had a voucher from the courier from a previous stuff-up, so shipping was free, and a $5 off ebay voucher too.

Total cost - $42 after using both.

TBP.thumb.jpg.e58a07de691c48cfe75ebc82c5bc8eac.jpg

Infinity Gauntlet and Old Man Logan should cover that - rest is gravy.

Small profit, but every little helps toward a nice book later next year.

On 12/5/2020 at 1:22 AM, Beige said:

Nothing flash

DC Hardback Novels collection - 47 in total, 75% still sealed - $200

2.thumb.jpg.6ec99719a52fc2041705bddf78ff87d4.jpg

Andy,that looks so great altogether! Do you figure your prices is greenbacks or your dollar if I may ask for curiosity sakes?(edit-saw an earlier post saying USDollar)

Hope you're well mate.

Edited by porcupine48