• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

All these were $1 and about VF used bookstore fimds

The xforce hologram error?  Is one of the 6 I didnt own yet, so now I have 4, just need the excalibur and one other... maybe 9.2

@flashlites you've got me picking up flash books lol

The origin of aliens is only about 7.5 but it was a LCS that I dont often go to, figured I should scout it out every once in a while

20210313_124430.jpg

20210313_124452.jpg

20210313_124502.jpg

20210313_124525.jpg

20210313_124528.jpg

20210313_124615.jpg

I may be wrong, but wasn't the Aliens series introduced in Heavy Metal?  Not trying to take away from your sweet finds :foryou: - but I'm sure Heavy Metal was Aliens 1st app.

Happy to be corrected

2 minutes ago, Beige said:

I may be wrong, but wasn't the Aliens series introduced in Heavy Metal?  Not trying to take away from your sweet finds :foryou: - but I'm sure Heavy Metal was Aliens 1st app.

Happy to be corrected

no this isn't the 1st

this is the "origin" according to cgc label

5 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

All these were $1 and about VF used bookstore fimds

The xforce hologram error?  Is one of the 6 I didnt own yet, so now I have 4, just need the excalibur and one other... maybe 9.2

@flashlites you've got me picking up flash books lol

The origin of aliens is only about 7.5 but it was a LCS that I dont often go to, figured I should scout it out every once in a while

20210313_124615.jpg

I edited earlier to say "origin" not 1st appearance @Beige

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

no this isn't the 1st

this is the "origin" according to cgc label

Heavy metal is the first,solid too,considered a magazine interprétation of the movie,no comics continuity.alien one was the first,then dark horse aliens origin story then avp in dark horse 36,your welcome:shy:

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I edited earlier to say "origin" not 1st appearance @Beige

All good - I obviously misread.

Lovely finds.

I think I have the Aliens heavy Metal issue somewhere if it rocks your boat?

PM me if you want it :tink: @ADAMANTIUM

Edited by Beige

4 minutes ago, Beige said:

All good - I obviously misread.

Lovely finds.

I think I have the Aliens heavy Metal issue somewhere if it rocks your boat?

All good lol

It's appreciated! The lcs I went to today was not my usual and I just wanted to be a patron as I was there before they opened and he opened ten minutes early. Just to scope the place and this was reasonably priced in their lock bins, plus not often seen at any of my usual spots. It's got some pretty cool art and at least detailed. The black and white is a nice touch. I've also past on it at the used bookstore before and didn't want to lose another shot at it haha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, Namtak said:

Archie goodwin and walter simonson did a great job on this one,its a must have for fans you wont regret it

20210313_204106.jpg

lol cool! so it's based on the movie, interesting, I was sneaking into the theaters to see the predator but not aliens lol and I was too young for predator #1, it was predator #2. Skinned bodies was my first glimpse at destruction :roflmao:  ah kids bwuwahahahaha

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

That punisher 100 is a gem.  One of the best covers ever.  I have 1 copy and love it.  Never see it in the wild.  

I have a lowly 9.0 that I got off a live facebook lcs sale.

It was worth it to support, still, I likes it for the cover :x