• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Any pointers for us losers? Besides effort and persistence of course...

Well....effort and persistence would be a good start...have a good networking system....and pay more than everyone else :preach:

My finds are blah compared to guys like Earl Shaw....his purchases are legendary!!!

Edited by Bearcatcoach

15 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Well....effort and persistence would be a good start...have a good networking system....and pay more than everyone else :preach:

My finds are blah compared to guys like Earl Shaw....his purchases are legendary!!!

Maybe that’s my problem. I don’t like people enough to network. lol

18 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

I don't know where you live, and I'm sure you put the time in, but dang...you seem to have more primo finds than anyone in this thread by a wide margin.

Its called a time machine...he could share at least i want to go in june 1938 lol

On 4/1/2021 at 11:09 PM, Callaway29 said:

I don't know where you live, and I'm sure you put the time in, but dang...you seem to have more primo finds than anyone in this thread by a wide margin.

To be fair, others are posting Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds

as the title of this thread suggests.:grin:

11 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

lol I get lost in that as well to include: dvd/record stores, video game stores, used bookstores..... and etc. I've tried things like goodwill, but not only are there no "good" comics, there are really none whatsoever that I've seen. I do have a thrift store right down the street yet nothing, so I don't bother. Come to think of it, I think that I sold them some rando's a long long time ago, I don't even know why I did doh! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I get lost in that as well to include: dvd/record stores, video game stores, used bookstores..... and etc. I've tried things like goodwill, but not only are there no "good" comics, there are really none whatsoever that I've seen. I do have a thrift store right down the street yet nothing, so I don't bother. Come to think of it, I think that I sold them some rando's a long long time ago, I don't even know why I did doh! 

Flea markets are a godsend for used blu ray dvds video games and record but comics are a little scarse where i go

4 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Flea markets are a godsend for used blu ray dvds video games and record but comics are a little scarse where i go

One of my all time favorite find there is that one,those that knows video games market value might agree that its a good one to have

20210403_155237.jpg

Edited by Namtak

5 minutes ago, Namtak said:

One of my all time favorite find there is that one,those that knows video games market value might agree that its a good one to have

20210403_155237.jpg

I seemingly remember the game, wasn't it kind of similar to joust? I was probably a little one, but my games usually came from friends or blockbuster lol

It does look familiar like I may have seen it in the arcade....

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I seemingly remember the game, wasn't it kind of similar to joust? I was probably a little one, but my games usually came from friends or blockbuster lol

It does look familiar like I may have seen it in the arcade....

The gameplay is simillar to iceclimber 

2 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Or are they?? hm

Just looking back over just the last half dozen pages it seems the majority of posts of finds in this thread are from "used bookstores", "that guy", "lcs", "found these in a collection", "etsy", "connected with a guy", "local record shop", "picked up from owner", "was given these"....

Personally, I don't go to many Antique stores or Garage sales...I do however go to Auctions, Comic shows, and Comic stores.  I like to share cool things I find and I like to look at cool things other people find.  I don't really care where the stuff comes from...

All that being said I did go to a FLEA MARKET today and picked up some stuff!  :cloud9:

20210403_172244.jpg

20210403_172147.jpg

20210403_172057.jpg

To me, it’s all about the “thrill of the hunt”. I expect to find comics in comic stores and cons. I don’t expect to at random antique stores or flea markets. 

Not to mention, I look for a LOT of other things besides just comics. I’m often just as happy finding an old baseball photo, tin toy, early political pin or cool advertising sign. 

I rarely post that stuff here because it is of probably very little if any interest to those on a comic book message board. 

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

To me, it’s all about the “thrill of the hunt”. I expect to find comics in comic stores and cons. I don’t expect to at random antique stores or flea markets. 

Not to mention, I look for a LOT of other things besides just comics. I’m often just as happy finding an old baseball photo, tin toy, early political pin or cool advertising sign. 

I rarely post that stuff here because it is of probably very little if any interest to those on a comic book message board. 

I don't know....I think most comic book fans appreciate other collectibles even if they don't personally collect it....or maybe I'm just old school in that respect.  :preach:

56 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Shame on you!:makepoint:post post post ,i wanna know,knowledge is power lol,seriously it can give people new ideas of what to collect or where to find ect ......post post post:makepoint: