• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Be very careful, I sliced off the tip of a finger once with one of those and I just realized why my computer doesn't like my fingerprint from that finger, lol...took a few years;)

Ouch!  :whatthe:  I'll be careful.  The lady at the garage sale looked very relieved that the finger guillotine was sold early!

1 hour ago, Dr. Dank said:

Local flea market this morning. I used to go there all the time growing up, it's been a few years. 

Guess which one the wife took this time

20210410_115547.jpg

I pray it's the Heavy Metal book.  That would be righteous.

Patrick

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

I pray it's the Heavy Metal book.  That would be righteous.

Patrick

That and the She Hulk 50. She loves that cover for some reason (*cough shiny cough*)

On 4/1/2021 at 11:09 PM, Callaway29 said:

I don't know where you live, and I'm sure you put the time in, but dang...you seem to have more primo finds than anyone in this thread by a wide margin.

Doesn't it all depend on what he pays? If he left behind 20 x-men 266 I can assume they weren't $5 a pop

44 minutes ago, the blob said:

Doesn't it all depend on what he pays? If he left behind 20 x-men 266 I can assume they weren't $5 a pop

I also assume he's not going through all this trouble to pay fvm for common books he could just buy online...so in that respect, I assume he's getting "good" deals, whatever that may be...

Went to an estate auction today, it was waaay off the beaten path for me. Bad google map directions for it, bad auction flyer directions to it. To top it off the signs they placed led me to a dirt road with low water bridges nowhere near where the auction was being held (but right where google maps had it, bad luck.). got there 10 mins after it started. Asked about the comics, they were item 3 sold. lost out on a small stack of 1945 true comics......:cry:

10 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Be very careful, I sliced off the tip of a finger once with one of those and I just realized why my computer doesn't like my fingerprint from that finger, lol...took a few years;)

Why was it in grade 2 we had to use blunted safety scissors?  Meanwhile, a paper cutter like this was at the back of the classroom that could take the head off a cow.

8 hours ago, the blob said:

They were not $5 each but were were a great deal considering 9.0's are selling at $250-300.  In retrospect I probably should have bought them all but I don't mind sharing the wealth!

7 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

I also assume he's not going through all this trouble to pay fvm for common books he could just buy online...so in that respect, I assume he's getting "good" deals, whatever that may be...

I do ok...if wasn't a "good" deal then I'm most likely not going to make the purchase.   For example: The Savage Tales #1 I paid $300...I already have a CGC 8.0 which fmv is $1000+...the one I just bought is definitely better so I consider that to be good purchase.

And of course the low grade Strange Tales 169 and Swamp Thing 1 that I pulled out of a guy's dollar box that day I consider to be a pretty good deal too! :cloud9:

I didn't realize at first that these were Canadian variants. The picture posted was so poor that I got a glimpse of the multi-pack, so I asked and it was confirmed. I collect multi-packs, but the Canadian variants are a nice bonus. I think those are my only ones, but I've never really paid attention to them or JC Penny variants. I know I've read half a dozen times how to spot them, but I keep forgetting. I also picked up a box of Disney Afternoon digests - price was right and I was there already. The lot includes the first issue, 2 copies of the TMNT issue, and a few other cool ones.

CORRECTION - I think these are 2nd prints. I'm really bad at spotting Canadian Variants!

20210411_094043.jpg

20210411_094058.jpg

20210411_094106.jpg

Edited by srezvan