• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2021 at 9:49 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Collection is a little eclectic. Anybody know their manga? I know Akira, but that’s it. 
7821CAA6-792E-4B84-A240-312AD4A409FD.thumb.jpeg.28ffbec7ee1ba7ca128a1d45b68391a2.jpegAB944723-75AC-4FB8-8247-7FA16EFEAE9B.thumb.jpeg.4221e13c96a63438031d4890da727d7f.jpegD07D51D1-B92B-4131-9CB9-C6BEC24B9C27.thumb.jpeg.7480660a560b3d4f9b2d8d1444ae87cf.jpegA7E3434B-E383-48F4-A9AC-6DCD63A80193.thumb.jpeg.453b36eff270797c835a75fcb00ec8fd.jpeg3397B74F-63DE-424C-96D6-BF7A3639651B.thumb.jpeg.b48f79f44f91b8335adc5c19cfdf20ef.jpeg

This to me is why I love copper collections the most 

while gold and silver have the greatest value, copper yields the oddest results 

many times I run across titles I’ve never seen or heard 

it’s revisiting a time that I was too busy buying the big two and getting an opportunity to discover the other world that was going on at that time 

modern is ok but the selections during the copper era are all over the place 

@F For Fakeknows what I’m talking about

Edited by jsilverjanet

3 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

This to me is why I love copper collections the most 

while gold and silver have the greatest value, copper yields the oddest results 

many times I run across titles I’ve never seen or heard 

it’s revisiting a time that I was too busy buying the big two and getting an opportunity to discover the other world that was going on at that time 

modern is ok but the selections during the copper era are all over the place 

@F For Fakeknows what I’m talking about

Agree 100%.  So much variety, so much cool stuff, and a lot of it can still be found cheap if you're lucky!  When I was old enough to start going to comic shops, I'd dig through the 25 and 50 cent bins (and they even had a 35 cent bin, for some reason) and pick up anything that looked cool. So I was buying X-Men and Spider-Man, but that also gave me a chance to sample stuff that seemed strange and exotic, like Grendel, Love and Rockets, Critters (and lots of other funny animals of the day, like Dog Boy, Captain Jack, Boris the Bear, etc.) Copper saw some of the greatest works released by the big two, but the indie explosion helped keep things weird and exciting.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

I picked it up just because. Glad I did, it's high grade, might pay for the whole haul

yeah, I picked up a couple of them out of dollar bins over the years, but those days are long past. 

11 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Dang, Omega Red's 1st appearance is GI Joe 10?  
Cool and unique.  Sell quick.

Patrick

Saw it in the box and the logo looked weird so I picked it up

Turns out it's second print. Learn a lot just box diving 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Saw it in the box and the logo looked weird so I picked it up

Turns out it's second print. Learn a lot just box diving 

I was just messin'.  It's perfectly positioned on another slab. 

Patrick

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

I'll guess Punisher WZ 1, ASM 298, and Web 1.  You picked the Angel's hoping for a salty new take.

Patrick

I will admit I'm hoping the ASM 299 will pay for this haul

19 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I'll guess Punisher WZ 1, ASM 298, and Web 1.  You picked the Angel's hoping for a salty new take.

Patrick

The wife picked those, she's a fan lol

Looking for 1 and variants now :facepalm:

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Agree 100%.  So much variety, so much cool stuff, and a lot of it can still be found cheap if you're lucky!  When I was old enough to start going to comic shops, I'd dig through the 25 and 50 cent bins (and they even had a 35 cent bin, for some reason) and pick up anything that looked cool. So I was buying X-Men and Spider-Man, but that also gave me a chance to sample stuff that seemed strange and exotic, like Grendel, Love and Rockets, Critters (and lots of other funny animals of the day, like Dog Boy, Captain Jack, Boris the Bear, etc.) Copper saw some of the greatest works released by the big two, but the indie explosion helped keep things weird and exciting.

Same! That collection has some nice Punisher runs, but at the same time has awesome titles like Marshal Law, Dinosaurs for Hire, Last American and so on. I know the modern Big 2 keep trying to rehash old ideas, but the stuff being put out today though Image, Boom, Scout and other indies kinda reminds me of some of the cool looking and weird copper stuff that caught my eye when I'd dig through back issues as a kid.

10 minutes ago, Roo_Phillip said:

My well spent 10 bucks this morning. This thing is industrial grade and cuts through thick cardboard effortlessly.  Rock solid, like the one in the school librarian's office!  (thumbsu

PXL_20210410_155153296.thumb.jpg.6eff4342f23386efda8cdad1a40b82f6.jpg

I hope its not to restore comics,i dont like trimed comics ,seems in great shape!:bigsmile:

13 minutes ago, Roo_Phillip said:

My well spent 10 bucks this morning. This thing is industrial grade and cuts through thick cardboard effortlessly.  Rock solid, like the one in the school librarian's office!  (thumbsu

PXL_20210410_155153296.thumb.jpg.6eff4342f23386efda8cdad1a40b82f6.jpg

Be very careful, I sliced off the tip of a finger once with one of those and I just realized why my computer doesn't like my fingerprint from that finger, lol...took a few years;)