• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I saw the one reproduction that sold but I’m fairly sure these are originals.  The baseball original may be the best comp I suppose.

17 minutes ago, coutstevo said:

I saw the one reproduction that sold but I’m fairly sure these are originals.  The baseball original may be the best comp I suppose.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=7+eleven+cup+checklist+comic&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&toolid=10001&customid=CGCForum&_osacat=0&_odkw=7+eleven+cup+checklist&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&campid=5338116315&LH_Sold=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0

ya this is the only specifically labeled comic one I see :) 

still a pretty cool find! :headbang:

there was someone here how did redo the art for the cups, a repo type deal. He hasn't posted in a while, I want to say it began with "a", for the life of me can't remember that's going to frustrate, wasn't wormboy, but he had a similar or frazzetta avatar lol 

He might have a value....

@Artboy99 figured it out lol tag cause this has to do with 7-11 cups

36 minutes ago, coutstevo said:

Picked these up at an estate sale yesterday as I thought they were neat.  Looked around some online but couldn’t find any sold sales, any idea on price?

27BD3F93-05F9-4BB6-9876-8B68D72928ED.jpeg

C2CED31E-8873-432B-B1A8-A5CE7C488262.jpeg

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

is the 1977 7-11 Cup lineup promotional material, internal to 7-11.

While it is rare to find, they don't sell for a lot. The 1977 cups had scenes of art rather than character art on cups like 1975 did. 1975 cups are more popular because they were first.

Some samples from my inventory:

1 hour ago, coutstevo said:

Picked these up at an estate sale yesterday as I thought they were neat.  Looked around some online but couldn’t find any sold sales, any idea on price?

22 hours ago, Namtak said:

Morning workout worked lol i found a few of many genre today some at flea and some at one of my favorite comic book shop in Montréal!dont go often in Montréal too lazy lol but the best stuff is often there.so here is a few ,i love that hulk rewinding walker lol its an 1978.

20210515_180511.jpg

Hunter is your favorite shop?  If I need something 1980s and up, and price is no object, maybe...

What has Charlie done with Capitaine Quebec?

3 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

Hunter is your favorite shop?  If I need something 1980s and up, and price is no object, maybe...

What has Charlie done with Capitaine Quebec?

Well i dont go much to captain quebec but a friend buy often online from him,comic age is probably the one i go more often in Montréal!

8 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Well i dont go much to captain quebec but a friend buy often online from him,comic age is probably the one i go more often in Montréal!

Marc the Comic Hunter, Georges at Comic Age, Oscar and Alex who run the con are all in bed together, likely Million on Pierce as well.  Astro used to fill want lists from their stock too.  Georges is bad news, lots of people here have unfavorable opinions.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

first page is the 1977 7-11 Cup lineup promotional material, internal to 7-11.

While it is rare to find, they don't sell for a lot. The 1977 cups had scenes of art rather than character art on cups like 1975 did. 1975 cups are more popular because they were first.

Some samples from my inventory:

20210516_144351.jpg

20210516_144347.jpg

20210516_144244.jpg

20210516_144236.jpg

20210516_144230.jpg

20210117_143654.jpg

20210117_143455.jpg

20210516_144327.jpg

20210516_144332.jpg

The second page is promotional 7-11 page for the 1975 cups.

Those look beautiful. What kind of markers do you use for coloring?

As an aside, I remember a poster was looking for the original Shang Chi art for the cups. I never found it and always wondered where it came from.

Edited by bronze_rules

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

Marc the Comic Hunter, Georges at Comic Age, Oscar and Alex who run the con are all in bed together, likely Million on Pierce as well.  Astro used to fill want lists from their stock too.  Georges is bad news, lots of people here have unfavorable opinions.

George and may bad news ?do tell before i am being had

2 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Those look beautiful. What kind of markers do you use for coloring?

As an aside, I remember a poster was looking for the original Shang Chi art for the cups. I never found it and always wondered where it came from.

Copics for color or Pantone markers.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:37 PM, coutstevo said:

wow, some of those cups are pretty obscure characters. and super stan. spidey, the thing, and the hulk each3X.

Missed out this morning on an estate sale where the owner has around 100 pre-code horror books (Crime Suspense Stories, Tales from the Crypt, Shock Suspense, Fear, Vault, etc.)

Apparently the guy who was first in line (also a dealer) spent the night there outside in front of the house.  Sold instantly doh!.  There were not 1.. not 2.. but 3 copies of Crime Suspense Stories #22.  Yeah I'm pissed and thought I had a chance...

Picked up about 25 books at a caravan park sale this morning.  Mostly drek - including a couple of coverless books - but also 2 copies of this little cutie.  It's the true story, not one of the thousands of phony ones you hear all the time.  Also, please remember and never forget it's "Smokey Bear" not "Smokey The Bear!"  Be careful with fire!

True Story of Smokey Bear.jpg

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Missed out this morning on an estate sale where the owner has around 100 pre-code horror books (Crime Suspense Stories, Tales from the Crypt, Shock Suspense, Fear, Vault, etc.)

Apparently the guy who was first in line (also a dealer) spent the night there outside in front of the house.  Sold instantly doh!.  There were not 1.. not 2.. but 3 copies of Crime Suspense Stories #22.  Yeah I'm pissed and thought I had a chance...

I assume you are talking about this sale?

Do you know how much they went for?  I assumed this one would be a sleep over affair to get them.

Ghost 6 and Weird Mysteries 4 as well. Some nice stuff in that batch. 

31 minutes ago, cabinboy said:

I assume you are talking about this sale?

Do you know how much they went for?  I assumed this one would be a sleep over affair to get them.

Yep thats it. When I talked to the lady she said she was selling all for around $14,800 or something like that and that she was taking reasonable offers. 

I can't imagine that the buyers even negotiated at that price. I would've paid for that, possibly more.  I wish they took offers from all interested parties

Where was this?