• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

I picked up a collection of around 500 comics yesterday from a local seller. I just finished sorting them out and most are Marvel and DC with some Archie, Charlton, Gold Key, Harvey and Whitman mixed in as well. There were a few bags that had multiple comics in them, so I opened one bag that had 3 comics in it. Sandwiched between 2 Pacific Comics issues I found this:

IronManSub-Mariner1.jpg

I'd say it's in the 7.0-8.0 range and it's now the best copy I own. :banana:

I picked up a collection of around 500 comics yesterday from a local seller. I just finished sorting them out and most are Marvel and DC with some Archie, Charlton, Gold Key, Harvey and Whitman mixed in as well. There were a few bags that had multiple comics in them, so I opened one bag that had 3 comics in it. Sandwiched between 2 Pacific Comics issues I found this:

IronManSub-Mariner1.jpg

I'd say it's in the 7.0-8.0 range and it's now the best copy I own. :banana:

You have the luck! I'm still waiting to find a nice estate/antique find. All I see are over the top pricing on junk :) You wonder how there are still deals to be had at these flea markets with the internet and Overstreet.

does it count if I found it but didnt end up winning it? I love auction houses (not online, but old school, in-person auctions), I've been attending them since I was tiny, its just something us folks from the rural midwest do. Recently, I found an auction house listing the following books in one of their auctions...

comics.jpg

A more detailed photo of the middle stack in top row looked like this...

bravenbold.jpg

With some squinting, you can make out the following books in that stack..

* Brave and the Bold #30 - obvious

* Brave and the Bold #29 - just under #30, the purple cover sticking out of the top of the stack, the "May" release month is clearly seen

* Brave and the Bold #28 - very tough, but this book sits under #29, and shows up at the bottom of the image sticking out from under the top books (look directly below Amazo's hand on the cover of #30). Look carefully and on the cover you can make out the shadow under Starro's arm, the squiggly shadow under J'onn J'onzz leg and the also the bottom of J'onn's foot.

* JLA #7 - under #28, you can see the yellow cover at the bottom of the image, and can barely make out the words "Cosmic Fun-House".

I put down a bid for that middle stack of books, but unfortunately the auction house sold all the books as one lot and my bid was not enough. Oh well, that's the way things go... But technically I did "find" these, so I figured I could post these here...

Edited by kaylab

I put down a bid for that middle stack of books, but unfortunately the auction house sold all the books as one lot and my bid was not enough. Oh well, that's the way things go... But technically I did "find" these, so I figured I could post these here...

Just curious, how much did the whole lot go for?

tbh, I dont know. The auction was in Florida, I am in San Francisco, I placed an absentee bid allowing the auctioneer to place bids on my behalf up to my max. As is typical with absentee bidding, I an email following the auction indicating the bidding on this lot exceed my max amount, so I wasn't the winning bidder. Thats all, no other details... I can follow up with the auction house if you want.

I do wonder if anyone on the boards did win this lot, if so maybe the can chime in, I'm curious about the books conditions. Those that are fully visible in the photos look to be fairly nice for early Silver DCs.

I can follow up with the auction house if you want.

I do wonder if anyone on the boards did win this lot, if so maybe the can chime in, I'm curious about the books conditions. Those that are fully visible in the photos look to be fairly nice for early Silver DCs.

You don't have to bother checking with the auction house. Thanks for the offer though.

Just curious about the hammer price because, as you said, the books do look nice.

I picked up more than 70 Hot Wheels this weekend for $5.00. They're loose and some have chipped paint and the kid had the box marked $0.25 each, but when asked what he'd take for the whole box he said $5.00 and it was sold. Ever since then my 20 month old son has been very proudly showing off his shoe box full of hot wheels. He's incredibly cute carrying the box as it's almost too heavy for him to pick up.

There were some comics at the sale as well, but they were 90s DC with spine damage so that's an obvious no go.

I've posted this before but I consider this to be a great antique mall find.

Unused Wonder Woman watch with all the original packaging and inserts.

I've seen these forsale or sold on eBay for around $300 or more and often times without all of the packaging and/or worn.

WWWatch2.jpg

I paid $25 :acclaim:

I've posted this before but I consider this to be a great antique mall find.

Unused Wonder Woman watch with all the original packaging and inserts.

I've seen these forsale or sold on eBay for around $300 or more and often times without all of the packaging and/or worn.

WWWatch2.jpg

I paid $25 :acclaim:

:applause:

I'm a big Marvel fan but at that price and that condition I would have probably snapped that one up too. Congrats!

Here in the rural mid-west there are numerous auctions on the weekends and my dad who wheels and deals in antiques hits his regular one on Saturday and which ever one on Sunday. I have him in search of comics and any oddities for my collection. The batch he brought home were some Timely, Gold Key, DCs and Mid-70s Marvel, nothing to really speak of but good trade material.

Here in the rural mid-west there are numerous auctions on the weekends and my dad who wheels and deals in antiques hits his regular one on Saturday and which ever one on Sunday. I have him in search of comics and any oddities for my collection. The batch he brought home were some Timely, Gold Key, DCs and Mid-70s Marvel, nothing to really speak of but good trade material.

I would think Timelys are better than just good trade material. :)

Went to a large local flea market today that goes on twice each year (once in May and again in September). Thought flatrock02 picked up all the goodies yesterday so I almost didn't go. Now glad I did. :)

Sugar and Spike #5, 13 and 15 for 2 bucks each. :banana:

Not in the greatest shape but they're complete.

SugarandSpike513and15.jpg

Hot Stuff #8, 9 and 31; Spooky #26 all for $2.00 each. :)

4HarveyComics.jpg

10 mid-grade copies of Epic Illustrated #1 (thumbs u

EpicIllustrated110copies.jpg

Most (but not all) copies still had the letter in it from Stan the Man. :applause:

EpicIllustrated1andStanLeeletter.jpg

Also picked up Epic Illustrated #2 and #3

EpicIllustrated2and3.jpg

Some higher grade copies of some Marvel comics I needed:

4MarvelComics.jpg

A couple of Marvel comic unopened prepacks:

PrepackagedComics.jpg

A Marvel superheroes chess set (villains vs. superheroes):

MarvelChessSet.jpg

A Packers Superbowl 31 mag in high grade (which I hope to get slabbed):

GreenBaySuperBowlMag.jpg

And I saved the best for last. Jungle Comics #83, 86, 87, 97, 104 and 106: :headbang:

JungleComics83868797104106.jpg

I'll be selling the Jungle Comics along with 9 copies of the Epic Illustrated #1 in a board sales thread tonight along with some other Golden Age comics.

I attend a local flea market every Sunday. Occasionally I find some comics. I picked up an ASM#21 for $5 in decent shape, tons of newer comics 2 for $1 or sometimes 3 for $1.

This past weekend, I picked up these a lot with several childrens books for $5:

Felix The Cat #3 (1963)

3949618736_4568eb191e.jpg

March of Comics #249

3949618564_66af1148d5.jpg

I was coming home from a show that I didn't do so good at (selling) and I got a phone call from my Dad. He said he bought some comics for me and laid them in my office at work. He said the cleaning lady at work saw some of my comic related items on my desk and told him that a man in her neighborhood had been giving away TRASH BAGS full of comics to neighborhood kids. So Dad went over there and bought all he had left.

You know how that normally turns out. Nothing.

But I went by work anyway and there was comics laying everywhere. Right at 2000 of them. I looked through a few handfuls but it was mostly Archie type books. So went on home, came in the next day to work and started looking through them in earnest.

Started running into some really good books. Sgt. Fury 13, Spider-man 17, 15, 13. Then on to lower Spidey's. 9, 8, 5. WOW! Dad did really good!!! Then there stuck between a Archie and a Betty and Veronica was THE book; a Spider-man #1!!

Ended up being two long boxes plus of Archies and the rest silver age marvel.

He paid 100.00 for all of it.