• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,840 posts in this topic

Pickups from the Portland Antique Expo show last weekend. Sorry, no moderns or movie tie ins.

Well, you do have Captain Marvels in there, which is a movie of the future (although they'll call is Shazam so that us 40somethings will want to take our kids to it)

They will keep on pumping out Superman movies.

Patsy Walker became Hellcat and no doubt Hellcat will be in some Avengers movie eventually (actually, Patsy Walker is already going to be in a Netflix show, I dunno if she is going to be Hellcat in there too)

Blondie, Popeye and Felix the Cat are bound to have movies again at some point.

I can't imagine there won't be an Archie movie or TV show at some point.

And Nyoka Jungle Girl is going to be made into a movie.

So, basically, 80% of what you bought is a likely movie/TV tie-in.

Pickups from the Portland Antique Expo show last weekend. Sorry, no moderns or movie tie ins.

GREAT HAUL FROM THE EXPO! I found a great modern collection there 2x shows ago, but didn't find any other comics whatsoever on the last one i went too. looks like this time was comic gold! great job on the pick-ups!

Cheers!

GREAT HAUL FROM THE EXPO! I found a great modern collection there 2x shows ago, but didn't find any other comics whatsoever on the last one i went too. looks like this time was comic gold! great job on the pick-ups!

Cheers!

These were from basically 5 sellers 2 of which held them for me. I always find some but this was pretty exceptional. All the Dells/Funny Animals were from a dealer I didn't know in the front flea market that only happens in July. I buy a lot of different stuff other than comics so I ALWAYS come away with something good. I also go on Friday for dealer set up, pay a little more and get the stuff coming out of the boxes. By Sat when the show "officially" opens to the public, all the good stuff is already in my car...

Here is some of the other small stuff I got. I've got a large box coming UPS with larger stuff I couldn't take home on the plane.

portlandoct05b_zpsnes1hqsk.jpg

portlandpremiums05_zpstvoip47q.jpg

portland708toys_zpsv68l4ri9.jpg

Thing Bank is my first favorite thing I ever wanted to rebuy. Had one as a kid, and never knew it was actually a thing bank. Just thought it was a creepy hand that took my coins. Nice you got the box and all. Looks like a nice original. Hope its working perfectly for ya. :cloud9:

Never mind, I see it doh!

Just the single Dracula

Still great (thumbs u

I've heard they can still be properly transferred after all these years too...

But it's way too cool in its original packaging to even consider that! It's a very tough find still on the tshirt cardback.

robot - are you a dealer or have a curiosity shop or is this for the personal hoard of oddities?

A little of both. I am mostly a collector but do buy things I don't collect for resale if the price is right. Then I use the profits from my ill gotton gains to splurge on some real cool stuff to keep...

Pretty nice score my wife made at a garage sale. Cool books, but even cooler for me that she was the one that found them and bought them. There are some other X-Men in the stack, but these were the best of the bunch

xmen%20rebecca%20found_zpsgpk5cjma.jpg