• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

I also hit the 2/$1 boxes at a flea market today. They were packing up but started unpacking when I started pulling books. They took my email!

CSHzD-XWIAAsNoz.jpgCSHzDUqWsAAzNrT.jpgCSHzDxIWUAA-zVZ.jpg

Edited by Bird

i need to start putting my foot down and tell my wife, "sorry honey, we are stopping at this yardsale for 2 minutes, you never know"

never got anything good at a yardsale though. have pulled some nice ones at a flea market, the best being a 9.0-9.2 sort of x-men 266 for 50 cents. what cracks me up is that it had a $32 price tag on it, but the flea market seller was just unloading. got some other good stuff that day, but that was the best of it

i need to start putting my foot down and tell my wife, "sorry honey, we are stopping at this yardsale for 2 minutes, you never know"

never got anything good at a yardsale though. have pulled some nice ones at a flea market, the best being a 9.0-9.2 sort of x-men 266 for 50 cents. what cracks me up is that it had a $32 price tag on it, but the flea market seller was just unloading. got some other good stuff that day, but that was the best of it

Nice and you can tell your wife the comics help pay the bills too.

she wants that to magically happen without any inconvenience to her -- i should acquire comics for free and sell them for big bucks. I should also do all my scanning, listing and packing and buying between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. when she is asleep, for example, but still be wide awake in the morning to make coffee/breakfast and get the kids ready and to the bus stop for school.

she wants that to magically happen without any inconvenience to her -- i should acquire comics for free and sell them for big bucks. I should also do all my scanning, listing and packing and buying between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. when she is asleep, for example, but still be wide awake in the morning to make coffee/breakfast and get the kids ready and to the bus stop for school.

Dude...are we married to the same woman?

Must be three timing us........

plus of course - she expects to share in any and all $$$$ from sales.........

Must be three timing us........

plus of course - she expects to share in any and all $$$$ from sales.........

in my wife's defense, as she is quick to point out, she works two full-time jobs and, as a result, makes a chunk more than me right now even with the comic selling supplementing my "only" one full-time job. but she works two university jobs, so other than all the backstabbing the work is not so much stress as she isn't up for tenure right now or anything.

i was rattling off some of my NYCC "wins" out of $2 boxes -- a $75 sale, a $46 sale, a couple of $25 sales, a $20 sale, a $16 sale, etc.......and, of course, she is wondering why i can't do that on EVERY book... doesn't seem to understand that there are only so many dealer pricing mistakes i can luck into in a given show

Usually when I go look at "large" collections I come back with nothing and browsed hundreds of 90's books. Today was a little different, after winning a Batman Comic I struck up conversation with the seller to find out she was selling her husbands collection. After some back and forth we decided I would come up today and take a look. She sent me a partial list as best she could so I already told her I would take the Conan Run and the Gi Joe run. I was pleasantly surprised to find good amount of runs of several Bronze comics and some Silver Avengers and Fantastic Four, this is not all but all I dealt with tonight on organizing and getting into bags and boards. Still plenty of Iron Fist and PM/Iron Fist to unbox. The good thing was the Valiant books were the most modern books there so it was pretty nice to flip through lots of .12c and .15C books for once.

Collection_zpsssmdlu1s.jpg

Phillip

lol that's not good show her what her comics can do because this is about communication. Show her what they sell for and what they pay because she knows they are worth big bucks so tell her you'll treat her to dinner or something next time and I like how you make use of the time that you have.