• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Man, what a nice haul! I love finding old comics in unusual places. Always a pleasent surprise. Those are FAR from beaters and if you haven't figured it out yet, That is the first issue of Two Fisted Tales. Nice score!

It's also the 1st true appearance of He-man.  Just look at the cover!

Patrick

Fished this (not this, but my copy is in the same shape) out of a neighbor's "take them, they're free" pile in front of their house (they are moving) along with some 60/70s sci fi paperbacks i need to research further (including one of the Dune books, but not a first print, but old) and some Harry Potter first prints (not worth much).  The Addams family appeared in cartoons in the New Yorker starting in 1938 before they went on TV in the 60s.... update, the last copy sold on ebay for $10, but it seems to be a $4-$5 book on amazon oh well...anyway, seems cool:

addams.jpg

Edited by the blob

On 2/19/2017 at 6:13 PM, followtheleader said:

Went to a toy show this weekend.

Found some cool beater 10 cent books for SUPER cheap.

Not really what I collect, but the Weird Fantasy and Suspense books are awesome. 

Few fun Coppers in there too.

Pic1.thumb.jpg.ea1691ae27d1699950d5063bfd39c13e.jpgPic2.thumb.jpg.0942518ed10b63d4628fa24752f7e4d4.jpgNewPic3.thumb.jpg.fa06383a945f892354327eb8a52835f3.jpgNewPic4.thumb.jpg.ee28ef595d027aaf8a85f45fdfeea9c9.jpg

Never turn down 50s sci fi and horror for "super cheap".. you just don't get that many opportunities to find them like that ou in the wild!

38 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Found this for one Canadian dollar at a local antique shop...the owner wanted to keep the bag and board for future comics though, and I said please do!

It's alway's fun when this kind of thing happens :) 

1 hour ago, Patriot6 said:

...the owner wanted to keep the bag and board for future comics though, and I said please do!

Amazing how many people believe in the healing power of a bag and board.  Half the ads on craigslist say the books are in bags and boards, as if bagging a comic turns back the hands of time, and makes everything pristine (and worth top dollar).