• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mr_highgrade said:

:gossip: I was messing with you, since he looks exactly like Quasar. 

I'm just trying to lern.

Lucked into this fun little lot of pulps--plus two 100+ year-old copies of "The Century" magazine (formerly Scribner's)--earlier today via one of my wife's friends who thought they were comic books. 

If she would have said they were "science fiction magazines", I might not have bothered to take a look...

pulps1_zps9p2ca71j.jpg

pulps2_zpsf2vxgx9d.jpg

pulps3_zpsuocqp98z.jpg

pulps4_zpsxx80shaf.jpg

Edited by jools&jim

This thread is full of too much win lately, so allow me to drag it down. Saw a "huge" estate sale listed on CL this morning, decided to run out on my lunchbreak, even though it means I'll have 30 minutes to make up this afternoon. The "comics" advertised were, of course, a bunch of coverless Bob Hopes and Archies. Ah, yes, that familiar feeling! Still, it's the hope that keeps us in the hunt. 

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Am I seeing a pattern here? Little Lulu seems to be in a lot of the hauls on the forum, could she be an unknown super villain hiding behind her cuteness all these years...Ta ta ta!  

Little Lulu is the sweet alter ego of the villainess Big Lulu

2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

This little batch plus a few others as well for $40 this morning!

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

DANG! I paid $12 for the comics pictured above but you got more action for your money! Great pickup!

well, did I just buy a hagar original at a yard sale? I'll let you know once I rip the frame apart and look at HA for comparables! Risk/reward is in my favor at $2!

DAWoeKdXsAU3iqr.jpg

Edited by Bird
nope, first indications are NO! No color strips on HA!

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

well, did I just buy a hagar original at a yard sale? I'll let you know once I rip the frame apart and look at HA for comparables! Risk/reward is in my favor at $2!

DAWoeKdXsAU3iqr.jpg

Would it have the typed bit in the third panel if it was original?

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Would it have the typed bit in the third panel if it was original?

of course it wouldn't! But as they say in the 5th panel "Why do I put up with you? WHY? WHY? WHY?" 

Edited by Bird
JoJo The Monkey Boy strikes again!