• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Just now, Bird said:

of course it wouldn't! But as they say in the 5th panel "Why do I put up with you? WHY? WHY? WHY?" 

:foryou: if only I had a beard :foryou:

For $2, still a cool looking thing :headbang:

8 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

:foryou: if only I had a beard :foryou:

For $2, still a cool looking thing :headbang:

Yep! At $2 I can still flip it but only for tree-fiddy!

Edited by Bird
I'm such a maroon. At least I sold that statue above for 3X my cost to cover the HORRIBLE buy.

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

@ the fleamarket today

The Lynx included the case, Batman Returns, Ninja Gaiden and 2 other games

6D1660B2-1BD2-49DE-BB56-021E2A0F6E8E_zps

I think that is cool!! 

13 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Had another good score this morning. Garage sale with three long boxes out front marked 6 for $5. After a little chit chat with the owner I spent an hour poking through some more comics in his garage. The guy owned a bookstore that sold comics on the side back in the day. He has cases of the glut books lining one wall in his garage, I counted four cases of Superman 500 white bag version, that's 800 copies!

Didn't get any cases myself, but I did by a dozen McFarlane Spiderman #1s, a bunch of Superman 74 and 75, some Vertigo, a sweet looking Punisher mini-series 1 and a few others. 

I bet you go back!

The guy who sold me the Web comics yesterday said he had a bunch in his basement all bagged and boarded but they were his sons. One son is out of the house and the other is soon to follow; he was sitting there mmute but didn't seem interested in selling them to me. The Mom & Dad took my number and said they would call when they were ready to sell. I want to go back already and get dem comics!!!

8 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

Had another good score this morning. Garage sale with three long boxes out front marked 6 for $5. After a little chit chat with the owner I spent an hour poking through some more comics in his garage. The guy owned a bookstore that sold comics on the side back in the day. He has cases of the glut books lining one wall in his garage, I counted four cases of Superman 500 white bag version, that's 800 copies!

Didn't get any cases myself, but I did by a dozen McFarlane Spiderman #1s, a bunch of Superman 74 and 75, some Vertigo, a sweet looking Punisher mini-series 1 and a few others. 

Did he have a case of Superman 75s? I'd love an unopened case. That would be cool.

On 5/17/2017 at 5:45 PM, jools&jim said:

Lucked into this fun little lot of pulps--plus two 100+ year-old copies of "The Century" magazine (formerly Scribner's)--earlier today via one of my wife's friends who thought they were comic books. 

If she would have said they were "science fiction magazines", I might not have bothered to take a look...

pulps1_zps9p2ca71j.jpg

pulps2_zpsf2vxgx9d.jpg

pulps3_zpsuocqp98z.jpg

pulps4_zpsxx80shaf.jpg

can you tell me if that exile of the skies book is a captain future story?  That sure looks like captain future and Joan randall but I have never heard of that writer.

Edited by kav

22 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

@ the fleamarket today

The Lynx included the case, Batman Returns, Ninja Gaiden and 2 other games

6D1660B2-1BD2-49DE-BB56-021E2A0F6E8E_zps

C4CC8F0C-8BA4-40DB-AC5A-1A5AAE7A099D_zps

Ah, man, love the Lynx! Those handhelds aren't growing on trees, especially with the boxes. Nice pickup!

Hunting was pretty much a bust this weekend, though I did manage to sell a bunch of drek at a yard sale. Who knew?  Ended up picking up this stack of trades at HPB for $2 each, seemed fair as they're all like new.

Photo May 22, 12 01 03 AM.jpg

10 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Did he have a case of Superman 75s? I'd love an unopened case. That would be cool.

I was looking for that issue, but didn't find it. But I have his phone number and plan to call him again for another visit. He has a ton of scifi paperbacks that I wanted to check out.

Edited by mrwoogieman
I got the digits!

30 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Highlights from a 2 longbox collection I bought last night. Original owner with 5 longboxes total, filled 2, mostly with runs of 20 and 25 cent Marvels. The Batman Adventures run went from 1-12 and I can't believe it was there. He had less than 30 modern books total. Unfortunately the Hulk 181 was nowhere to be found.

I respect the hussle :golfclap:

37 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Highlights from a 2 longbox collection I bought last night. Original owner with 5 longboxes total, filled 2, mostly with runs of 20 and 25 cent Marvels. The Batman Adventures run went from 1-12 and I can't believe it was there. He had less than 30 modern books total. Unfortunately the Hulk 181 was nowhere to be found.

59237f6f095c2_collection3.thumb.jpg.95055168d4ae1696d74e484e2ff4575c.jpg

At least you got Wolverines 1st appearence in that IH 180.    :applause:

13 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

This is basically my dream find. :cloud9: Congrats!!

20 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

NICE!!!!