• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, greggy said:

Nope...please read into my :( better

Difficult to understand your frowny face.  Do you think I shouldn't have grabbed a quick pic or you wish I would have gotten squished?

On 6/18/2017 at 7:32 PM, Gatchaman said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of the Eternal Warrior comic?

I am also curious about the Eternal Warrior issue, can someone elaborate?

1 hour ago, Ducky13 said:
On 6/18/2017 at 7:32 PM, Gatchaman said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the significance of the Eternal Warrior comic?

I am also curious about the Eternal Warrior issue, can someone elaborate?

Looks like two piles of early Valiant trades, the Valiant Era on the left polybagged with the Eternal Warrior Companion, and the Harbinger trade on the right. Neither one are worth anything really. The Harby trades are probably second prints since they aren't polybagged with the blue version of Harby 0.

Edited by mrwoogieman
add'l info

On 6/19/2017 at 0:23 PM, 1Cool said:

I knew I needed picture evidence of what happened since no one would have believed me.  I've never even heard of something like that happening to someone.

Happy you got out uninjured.  Killed by drek would be horrible. Now, if this was the second coming of the Church collection at least your family would get some loot. That shop probably only has a $15k liability insurance policy. Not worth getting crushed.

Edited by the blob

On 6/18/2017 at 8:54 PM, Red84 said:

My $7 flea market pickup today. 1977 Tyco Wonder Woman train car. Box is trashed but the train is mint. Going on the shelf. :)

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6037.JPG

I would buy that for $7 for my wife in a heartbeat.

On 6/4/2017 at 1:47 PM, 1Cool said:

That was intense!  I stumbled upon a guy who was closing up a store and was doing a huge sale in my area.  He wasn't interested in selling the collection as a whole so I cherry picked what he had and was shocked at all the books he still had in storage.  The bags were so old they practically melted together but the books are in great shape.  His bulk deals were so good I practically grabbed whole stacks and filled a long box.  I've got his number and hopefully we can cement a bigger deal later!

IMG_3877.JPG

IMG_3882.JPG

Where the heck was this?!?!

Just now, 1Cool said:

You don't know the guy.  He doesn't sell modern variants.

Was this at the con? I saw you walking out with a shortbox.

And, if it was that guy in the back corner I bought from him a couple of  years ago at the same con when it was at the movie theater. Got a Marvel Preview #4 for $20, Uncanny 266 that graded 9.8, etc...

He was asking $30 each and had 3/4 of a longbox of New Mutants Annuals #2. Great if they were NM but unfortunately you could see all the water damage just looking at the top of them.

Edited by ygogolak

Just now, ygogolak said:

Was this at the con? I saw you walking out with a shortbox.

Different purchase but I did like those books also.  I'll PM you with some of the details.