• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I sold a lethal protector 1 for $5 yesterday - I was speechless.

A few sold yesterday for over $10 on the Bay.  Great Venom cover = Hot book.

A CGC 9.8 sold for $85 which is pretty crazy since that book is so plentiful in high grade.

Edited by 1Cool

Picked up about 6 boxes of carded toys, some decent stuff, nothing too old but decent sellers, Some lego sets and a huge Playmobil Roman lot. Also in the bunch is about 50 unused Hallmark Star Wars ornaments. 

Anyone have experience selling these at shows? I have a show in Sept and one late October. I'm thinking the October one being close to Xmas, these might move well priced below eBay sold values. 

image1.JPG

42 minutes ago, Quicksilver Signs said:

Picked up about 6 boxes of carded toys, some decent stuff, nothing too old but decent sellers, Some lego sets and a huge Playmobil Roman lot. Also in the bunch is about 50 unused Hallmark Star Wars ornaments. 

Anyone have experience selling these at shows? I have a show in Sept and one late October. I'm thinking the October one being close to Xmas, these might move well priced below eBay sold values. 

image1.JPG

We sell them for a dollar each 

For those who want the bad stories with the good, here is one. I saw an ad for a cleanout multi-home garage sale for Sunday the 25th. It was close by so I stopped there Saturday morning instead trying to get a jump on my competition, but no one was home. Stopped by again on my way back home a couple hours later and there was a van and a guy in the driveway!

Spoke to him about the comics, he asked if I was the guy who called about them(!), I said not me and I didn't see a phone number in the ad. He said yeah, there wasn't one, someone must've done a reverse look up using the address. Fierce competition around here apparently. He said to come back in a couple hours because he was moving stuff from the other house to the sale house and would have the comics in the next batch of stuff he was bringing over. Went back in a couple hours and there it is, a long box of comics put aside for me. Nice! Sifted through them in about ten minutes and found nothing that even approached anything decent.

Alas! Next time!

8 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

For those who want the bad stories with the good, here is one. I saw an ad for a cleanout multi-home garage sale for Sunday the 25th. It was close by so I stopped there Saturday morning instead trying to get a jump on my competition, but no one was home. Stopped by again on my way back home a couple hours later and there was a van and a guy in the driveway!

Spoke to him about the comics, he asked if I was the guy who called about them(!), I said not me and I didn't see a phone number in the ad. He said yeah, there wasn't one, someone must've done a reverse look up using the address. Fierce competition around here apparently. He said to come back in a couple hours because he was moving stuff from the other house to the sale house and would have the comics in the next batch of stuff he was bringing over. Went back in a couple hours and there it is, a long box of comics put aside for me. Nice! Sifted through them in about ten minutes and found nothing that even approached anything decent.

Alas! Next time!

I thought with how this story started out that it would end with the cops being called for you stalking the home 

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I thought with how this story started out that it would end with the cops being called for you stalking the home 

Not this time! Seriously, however, I knew a picker that would set up in his car outside of a house having a sale the night before, and one time the cops came and said they got a complaint about him and asked him what he was doing in his car in the dead of night smoking cigarettes. He showed the cops the classified ad for the sale and they let him be. Not sure if he got what he was looking for or not, but he was into all kinds of pottery and old kitchenware and that kind of thing, not comics. 

Drove an hour to go see a store that had "a ton of books" and the owner has a warehouse full of older books.  The store was full of drek and the owner was not there and none of the workers knew how to get him.  One guy said "all the good stuff is in a warehouse and no one knows where it is or gets to see what's in there".  Thanks for a wasted hour.

3 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Drove an hour to go see a store that had "a ton of books" and the owner has a warehouse full of older books.  The store was full of drek and the owner was not there and none of the workers knew how to get him.  One guy said "all the good stuff is in a warehouse and no one knows where it is or gets to see what's in there".  Thanks for a wasted hour.

That sounds like a store not all that far from me.  There's a decent amount of stuff in the store -- even some pretty good Bronze and Silver -- but talking to the owner in the past, I was always told about all of the "amazing stuff" that he had in storage.  Every time I asked for him to bring some of it to the store (and was told that new stuff would be brought in for annual sales), it never materialized -- it would always be the same stuff I'd seen in previous trips.  Eventually, I figured that I'd seen what there was to see, and his stories of all the great collections he was picking up regularly for sale was largely bluster, and I stopped going there.  How in your situation the workers had no idea how to reach their boss during business hours is mind-boggling, though. doh!

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

well, two wasted hours if it took you an hour to get there, one hour to get home (not counting your time in the store itself).

6 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

well, two wasted hours if it took you an hour to get there, one hour to get home (not counting your time in the store itself).

I hit up a couple comic shops while I was out that way and did ok since they hadn't picked out the newsstand Image books from their comic bins.  So I'll give the first guy 1 hour of my day wasted.

I didn't pick up anything at garage sales this past weekend, because I was too busy hosting my own sale. I ended up doing quite well, and I actually managed to sell an entire box of drek for a surprisingly good price.

42 minutes ago, Tiger Topher said:

I didn't pick up anything at garage sales this past weekend, because I was too busy hosting my own sale. I ended up doing quite well, and I actually managed to sell an entire box of drek for a surprisingly good price.

Mind me asking how much?  I just sold a long box of 90s drek for $80 on E-Bay and want to see how that stacks up.