• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Mind me asking how much?  I just sold a long box of 90s drek for $80 on E-Bay and want to see how that stacks up.

I managed to sell a bunch of drek books for $2 each (shocking, I know) and then someone came along and offered me $40 for the 30 or so comics I had left in my short box.  I took that money without hesitation.

Edited by Tiger Topher

13 minutes ago, Tiger Topher said:

I managed to sell a bunch of drek books for $2 each (shocking, I know) and then someone came along and offered me $40 for the 30 or so comics I had left in my short box.  I took that money without hesitation.

Even in Canadian money - that's a score.  I was happy to get $0.25 a piece for this batch of complete drek since it saves me from having to donate them.

47 minutes ago, Tiger Topher said:

Define "drek books" that you got $2 each for, please, because those aren't drek. Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters....now that's drek.

6 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Define "drek books" that you got $2 each for, please, because those aren't drek. Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters....now that's drek.

Was just going to ask this.  My drek is post Unity Valiant, Punisher War Journals, generic Image books, etc - drek we all see in every collection.

30 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I sold stuff like Rival Schools: United by Fate #1, Morning Glories #26 and Great Pacific #5. I didn't think I'd be able to give some of it away, much less sell it.

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

:sumo:

thems fighting words

;) .... i know one of the artists....

Went to a garage sale at the 9am opening time they advertised.  Only the wife was there, wasn't sure where her husband's five boxes of comics were - but he'd be there at 1pm if i wanted to come back.  I considered not coming back - but it was only 20 minutes away and she was having a beer at 9am - so i figured it could be interesting.  Got back to find it was only three short boxes of books for $1 each.  I was so excited when I saw the Nyx run, I forgot to flip back for the Deadpool/Cable #1.  Overall - was well worth the return trip! 

DDp5J7mXoAAjaoI.jpg

20 minutes ago, westerberg14 said:

Went to a garage sale at the 9am opening time they advertised.  Only the wife was there, wasn't sure where her husband's five boxes of comics were - but he'd be there at 1pm if i wanted to come back.  I considered not coming back - but it was only 20 minutes away and she was having a beer at 9am - so i figured it could be interesting.  Got back to find it was only three short boxes of books for $1 each.  I was so excited when I saw the Nyx run, I forgot to flip back for the Deadpool/Cable #1.  Overall - was well worth the return trip! 

Sweet :) Glad that it worked out !!

I had a thing like that went to the LCS last weekend and 2 minutes on my way I passed a garage sale, I stopped but they said no comics, nice to hear miracles like this DO happen lol 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Sweet :) Glad that it worked out !!

I had a thing like that went to the LCS last weekend and 2 minutes on my way I passed a garage sale, I stopped but they said no comics, nice to hear miracles like this DO happen lol 

luck of the draw - takes a lot of misses until you finally get a hit!

30 minutes ago, Red84 said:

My fun little flea market find. 

A whole bunch of mini comic bubble funnies from 1981. 

IMG_6122.JPG

IMG_6123.JPG

Nice. I once found a whole box with the entire run (cap America, spidey etc..) EXCLUDING the Archie ones. Maybe that's where they all went ?