• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

Oddest place to find something.....

I was on a 2 week family vacation to Scotland and then Barcelona.  On our last day in Barcelona, we came across a small antique show just off "La Rambla" and the marina.   I found this stack of books in a box full of paper.  I had to negotiate from his asking price of 50 Euros down to the 35 Euros I had in my pocket along with $5 US.  It was an awesome back and forth but no way I was leaving anything.  Almost 60 books in all.  The condition is not so great as you can see including some separated  covers, but some really cool books in there mostly from the 50s.  The 3 "Pieds Nickeles" are french from the 40s and include #1 (3rd series).    The Flash Gordon is a compilation book, also from the 50s        I will be cross posting this in the foreign book area as well.

I was thrilled with this find and the deal I got on it!

IMG_8901.thumb.JPG.f4a761241d361842ab041ef7c1d90264.JPG

IMG_8913.thumb.JPG.8c2232e40a7d1a20207d86d1fd0cce5a.JPG

IMG_8922.JPG

IMG_8916.JPG

IMG_8909.JPG

IMG_8917.JPG

IMG_8918.JPG

IMG_8897.JPG

Edited by mdube16

55 minutes ago, mdube16 said:

Oddest place to find something.....

I was on a 2 week family vacation to Scotland and then Barcelona.  On our last day in Barcelona, we came across a small antique show just off "La Rambla" and the marina.   I found this stack of books in a box full of paper.  I had to negotiate from his asking price of 50 Euros down to the 35 Euros I had in my pocket along with $5 US.  It was an awesome back and forth but no way I was leaving anything.  Almost 60 books in all.  The condition is not so great as you can see including some separated  covers, but some really cool books in there mostly from the 50s.  The 3 "Pieds Nickeles" are french from the 40s and include #1 (3rd series).    The Flash Gordon is a compilation book, also from the 50s        I will be cross posting this in the foreign book area as well.

I was thrilled with this find and the deal I got on it!

IMG_8918.JPG

Really interesting Flash Gordon. Do you have a few pics of the inside?

3 minutes ago, srezvan said:

Really interesting Flash Gordon. Do you have a few pics of the inside?

Its large..not like the others.  Also a glossy cover.  Seems a compilation of a series of them

IMG_8920.JPG

IMG_8921.JPG

IMG_8919.JPG

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Always like to see Stormwatch 37. 

That version of Batgirl is one of my favs too. 

Patrick

Yeah, I think Stormwatch 37 is a sleeper, I pick them up on the cheap when I see them, which is rarely anymore.

12 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

That book was such a turning point for Wildstorm, and there aren't many that realize it. 

Let's form a club! :tink:

Found this very cool item.

Tom Webster was a caricaturist specialized in sports, this is a collection of drawings he did in 1921. I found very little information about it, but I see he issues a similar collection every year, being 1921 the first years he did so. Very cool and almost 100 years old

35803484560_175cf58d18_h.jpg

35803484860_f25bbf226a_h.jpg

20 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Today was a good day. I picked up a few copies of this

IMG_8340.JPG

IMG_8342.JPG

! I need one ! I pick up every copy of Mr. T and the T-Force I find for a buck or less. Talk to me, bud!

I landed a nice collection off of kijiji (Canadian Craig's List) during lunch today. It is a bit of a mess (there are 2500+ books in the mix) but the price was too good to pass up. I will post some pics of the better stuff later when I get home.