• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, kimik said:

I landed a nice collection off of kijiji (Canadian Craig's List) during lunch today. It is a bit of a mess (there are 2500+ books in the mix) but the price was too good to pass up. I will post some pics of the better stuff later when I get home.

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, makeminemarvel said:

:whatthe:

story please!

Friend of mine found an ad in another state.  I contacted the seller, made a very long drive and once I figured out I wasn't going to get murdered in this guys basement (where he had the comics) I bought a bunch of books.  Long drive, great books, great prices, long drive home. That's pretty much it.

Went to a yard sale advertising comics very close to me. Comics were a bust, but I picked these up. Pretty cool. Not sure if they are worth anything. Ral Partha figures. I see a pretty wide range on ebay. For a couple of bucks I can give them to my kids if they aren't worth anything. 

IMG_1564 (2).jpg

IMG_1565 (2).jpg

IMG_1566 (2).jpg

8 hours ago, comicalgems said:

Friend of mine found an ad in another state.  I contacted the seller, made a very long drive and once I figured out I wasn't going to get murdered in this guys basement (where he had the comics) I bought a bunch of books.  Long drive, great books, great prices, long drive home. That's pretty much it.

Way to go ! collection was chock full of keys !!!!! :tink:

There's a use book dealer I've dealt with since the 1980's, we've come to the agreement where he prices everything at 4.0 Overstreet, and I get first shot at cherry picking and bargaining with him.  We usually end up somewhere around the 2.0 Overstreet price or less. If they are high value books in higher grade it can end up more. A couple years back he had a group of Timelys that ended up grading in the 7.0 to 9.0 range, I paid more for those.

He just picked up another lot of 800 mostly Atom Age / Early Silver Age and I picked out close to 500.

A lot of early Silver DC

House%20of%20Secrets%203_zpscczhhaf2.jpg

Brave%20and%20the%20Bold%2013_zpsc9wiijl

Brave%20and%20the%20Bold%2012_zpsjoh9cky