• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2017 at 10:16 PM, jsilverjanet said:

original owner collection. Same as the Tec 359 and Bats 181 I picked up last week. Guy purchased all the books from the newstand/store.

So, neither a garage sale, flea maket nor antique mall find? :baiting:

Edited by KPR Comics

On 9/16/2017 at 8:10 AM, FlyingDonut said:

This comic came out in April, 1979, 38 years ago. 38 years before that was before the start of World War II. This is - to the muggles - an old comic.

Sadly you are correct, Dan.

Picked up 5 long boxes of drek off of CL this weekend. Nothing exciting, but at $25 a box (less than 10 cents a book by my quick count) the price was right. One entire longbox was made up of runs of Superman books, all bagged and boarded and in order, looks like former store stock. Those books should pay off my "investment" pretty quickly. Another box worth of miniseries and sets that I can sell for $5-$10 a pop. Two boxes of junk that I'll probably ditch at HPB (you know the stuff, bunches of FCBD books, along with the usual suspects: Sun Devils, Sonic Disruptors, Strange Days, etc).

And another long just for me, terrific high grade reading material, near complete runs of Nexus, American Flagg, Astro City, & Zot, large chunk of Cerebus, and lots of nice copper indie books that I dig, including at least three nice Dave Stevens books. So, I'll make my money back pretty easily and have a lot of good reading for a while. Not the kind of collection that a lot of flippers would be interested in, but it's just right for me.

Photo Sep 17, 4 56 10 PM.jpg

Edited by F For Fake

7 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Picked up 5 long boxes of drek off of CL this weekend. Nothing exciting, but at $25 a box (less than 10 cents a book by my quick count) the price was right. One entire longbox was made up of runs of Superman books, all bagged and boarded and in order, looks like former store stock. Those books should pay off my "investment" pretty quickly. Another box worth of miniseries and sets that I can sell for $5-$10 a pop. Two boxes of junk that I'll probably ditch at HPB (you know the stuff, bunches of FCBD books, along with the usual suspects: Sun Devils, Sonic Disruptors, Strange Days, etc).

And another long just for me, terrific high grade reading material, near complete runs of Nexus, American Flagg, Astro City, & Zot, large chunk of Cerebus, and lots of nice copper indie books that I dig, including at least three nice Dave Stevens books. So, I'll make my money back pretty easily and have a lot of good reading for a while. Not the kind of collection that a lot of flippers would be interested in, but it's just right for me.

Photo Sep 17, 4 56 10 PM.jpg

One should never use the words "high grade" and "reading material" in one sentence (tsk)

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

One should never use the words "high grade" and "reading material" in one sentence (tsk)

Well, they're high grade, nice copies, but they're not worth anything, so they're the perfect keepers, to be gently read in the glow of warm nostalgia, and then put away for the permanent collection. I don't need 9.8's for my personal collection.

11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Well, they're high grade, nice copies, but they're not worth anything, so they're the perfect keepers, to be gently read in the glow of warm nostalgia, and then put away for the permanent collection. I don't need 9.8's for my personal collection.

I'd pick them up, take what I wanted, and recycle the rest.  I collect a lot of books that aren't worth $#$#$#$. 

Patrick

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I'd pick them up, take what I wanted, and recycle the rest.  I collect a lot of books that aren't worth $#$#$#$. 

Patrick

Right there with you. So many great titles and runs that aren't worth the paper they were printed on, but I still love 'em.

On 9/10/2017 at 11:47 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

did they know what they had? pretty amazing haul you got there--

Since there's no statute of limitations here, one of my better and more unusual dealings from the late 70's:

As a kid I collected just about everything (comics, cards, coins, stamps, records, etc) because back then you could find deals like this at flea markets. Kid had a beer-case of baseball cards and they looked pretty good, so I asked him how much they were: "fifty cents" was his reply, and I was really unsure if that was each or all. If it was each I was sunk, as there were about 500 cards and I was about 12 years old at the time. So I asked him, "each?" He must have had no idea, and been taken aback by my question (apparently I come across as pretty harsh/aggressive, even though I don't mean to be) so he just said "Ok, $2 for the box." I quickly gave him the two bucks and walked the box back to my grandmother's car, the whole time some other dealer really pestering me to resell the box to him. After about ten "f -off's" he finally got the message.

Oh, and the cards? All mid-1950's Topps in excellent condition, all 500 of them. Multiples of Aaron, Williams, Mays, Clemente, Campanella, etc. One of my better hauls. 

We haven't been having the best of luck lately, and I certainly had no intention of buying any comics for the foreseeable future.

A guy I had dealt with ages ago had a few he wanted to get rid of, and as quite frankly life sucks at the moment, I went and had a look, if nothing else more than to simply cheer me up.st1.thumb.JPG.b7370e40173de905a6331876eb33d4c0.JPGst2.thumb.JPG.a564daec8c6f1f501f3c76b6bc67a254.JPG

I had $300AUD in paypal, and we agreed on that for these games and comics.

There are a few others including Marvel Monopoly.

Maybe it's a sign that things are looking up!

1 hour ago, Beige said:

We haven't been having the best of luck lately, and I certainly had no intention of buying any comics for the foreseeable future.

A guy I had dealt with ages ago had a few he wanted to get rid of, and as quite frankly life sucks at the moment, I went and had a look, if nothing else more than to simply cheer me up.st1.thumb.JPG.b7370e40173de905a6331876eb33d4c0.JPGst2.thumb.JPG.a564daec8c6f1f501f3c76b6bc67a254.JPG

I had $300AUD in paypal, and we agreed on that for these games and comics.

There are a few others including Marvel Monopoly.

Maybe it's a sign that things are looking up!

Be well my friend! :foryou:

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:27 AM, DocHoppus182 said:
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, srezvan said:

Went to read my Plop #1 and found this on the inside cover. I've never met Sergio Aragones, but a Google search shows similar looking sigs and sketches.

20170916_111607.jpg

That is a nice little surprise!  The little sketch is sweet!

Especially if your name is PETE !!  lol