• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Sludgesicle Man said:

I have yet to find any comics at a Goodwill!  

Awesome find Knightsofold.  It would've been crazy if that would have been your copy.

Thanks!  I can't tell if they either don't get comics often or they just go fast. The blanket 1.99 on every comic can be a little steep for some, but at least it's for a good cause.

AH - the reason why you check every book in those longboxes....

running through stock for a con later this month - speed pricing for the bulk boxes ( basically quick sorting for dollar bins and setting aside anything of interest.

pulled out this little gem....

cover is wavy - but no color breaking creases that I can see! After the con - this is heading out for CFP/CGC

image.png.7d1c85310aa65da591ac77a1df442fef.png

back cover ---- looks even BETTER......

:insane:

image.png.c9ff029127ed248e601e56a79c9b5d89.png

4 hours ago, Phantalien said:

How weird.  I think those details would be just as interesting as the comics themselves.

It helps if you quote the post you are referring to. I have no idea what you are talking about.

4 hours ago, Phantalien said:

How weird.  I think those details would be just as interesting as the comics themselves.

Well first of all he sounded like Hebert the Pervert on Family Guy. I talked to him 3 or 4 times on the phone before making the 3 hour drive to meet him and each time he would say something like "now don't be expecting to come get all of my rare comics ya hear?" and I'd have to say "those are the ones I am making a 3 hour drive for. Tell me now whether I can buy them or not", and he'd reply "ok I'll make you a good deal". I almost lost it when we had this exact same convo 3 hours later when I was at his house lol. 

Edited by rsouxlja7

6 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Well first of all he sounded like Hebert the Pervert on Family Guy. I talked to him 3 or 4 times on the phone before making the 3 hour drive to meet him and each time he would say something like "now don't be expecting to come get all of my rare comics ya hear?" and I'd have to say "those are the ones I am making a 3 hour drive for. Tell me now whether I can buy them or not", and he'd reply "ok I'll make you a good deal". I almost lost it when we had this exact same convo 3 hours later when I was at his house lol. 

You got lucky. I met someone like this a few years back. While it wasn't a 3 hour drive, it was a 30 minute drive in the worst winter weather we had all season. When I arrived, she began talking about turning away some people for some furniture, and these were people that drove more than 2 hrs. I couldn't help thinking that could be me. I had made sure before I drove that she was in fact looking to sell. She was just waiting to hear what they were worth, and soon after I heard every excuse in the book why she wouldn't sell, which included her husband was too attached to sell. Coincidentally, a week later I got a PM from someone on Facebook asking for my opinion on a collection "near me" and it turned out to be the exact same one I was told was not for sale. She had been shopping the collection around with the number I gave, why she didn't just take the offer I'll never know.  I was initially furious with what she did, and I contacted her to tell her, but I also made sure I told the guy who contacted me (who lived in Halifax, an 18hr drive away) to not make the trip and to avoid this person.

Edited by comicwiz

4 hours ago, comicwiz said:

You got lucky. I met someone like this a few years back. While it wasn't a 3 hour drive, it was a 30 hour drive in the worst winter weather we had all season. When I arrived, she began talking about turning away some people for some furniture, and these were people that drove more than 2 hrs. I couldn't help thinking that could be me. I had made sure before I drove that she was in fact looking to sell. She was just waiting to hear what they were worth, and soon after I heard every excuse in the book why she wouldn't sell, which included her husband was too attached to sell. Coincidentally, a week later I got a PM from someone on Facebook asking for my opinion on a collection "near me" and it turned out to be the exact same one I was told was not for sale. She had been shopping the collection around with the number I gave, why she didn't just take the offer I'll never know.  I was initially furious with what she did, and I contacted her to tell her, but I also made sure I told the guy who contacted me (who lived in Halifax, an 18hr drive away) to not make the trip and to avoid this person.

30 hour and 18 hour drives seem like some sort of typo-- did you mean miles or minutes instead?