• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, iggy said:

Thanks, but nope. It was a pretty difficult puzzle to work, took longer than expected- about 6.5 hours.

Does anybody know how many different 300 pc. Superman puzzles there were? I can't find another example of one with this illustration by searching eBay active and ended auctions or by using google images...

IMG_7375.JPG

6.5 hours? 

Dang -

flip over pieces - 10 min

segregate into 6 piles, yellow, brown, orange, grey safe, Superman, 2 Men - 20 min

Edges - 20 min

Easy parts - Superman, men, safe - 30 min

Hard parts - 1 hour. 

C-MON man!?

54 minutes ago, ft88 said:

6.5 hours? 

Dang -

flip over pieces - 10 min

segregate into 6 piles, yellow, brown, orange, grey safe, Superman, 2 Men - 20 min

Edges - 20 min

Easy parts - Superman, men, safe - 30 min

Hard parts - 1 hour. 

C-MON man!?

YouTube yourself putting one of these together. I promise to watch the first 5 hours of it...

21 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

okay thank you!  I did check out estatesales.net.  Nothing was showing up and for garage sales, I was just randomly driving around and it was definately the wrong thing to do lol.  Thanks for your advice!

just google "yard sales" and "garage sales" and you should get local links 

Not comic related but too good to not crow about.

I'm at an  Estate Sale and there are two tables full of framed lithos and a table full of unframed ones, maybe thirty framed, 100 unframed.  Mort Kunstler,Roy Nieman,  Peter Max, ect. One that caught my eye is by an  artist unknown to me but is a picture of Sir Edmund Hilary and his guide atop Everest, and is pencil signed by the artist and Sir Edmund. I ask how much and the guy says $200.  Of the 100 unframed, maybe twenty five are of this print, and its an edition of 1953.

I pass as I have a few other sales to hit but have these in my mind. Pretty pedestrian day, spent less than $500  and didn't really get any great finds. Best buy was a group of 20 sets  Chrome license plate holders for $5 at a small auction.

I return and most of the stuff is either gone or marked sold, but much of the art is still there untouched.

I pick up a print and tell a different employee that I had been here earlier and wondered if he would take $100 for this.  He hesitated and asked someone via the radio if he could sell art for $100.  He turns to me and says I can have them for $150, but I have to take them all and not leave anything behind. I'm confused but gather myself and say  "I can have all the art on the three tables for $150?"

He confirms it. I've never moved so fast. The Kunstler prints go for about $300 unframed and the Max go for double that. 

The Edmund Hilary piece, the one I wanted has asking prices all over the place. As high as $900 and as low as $69. I orderd some cheap art bags off Ebay to protect the stuff until I find suitable frames for them. 

Edited by shadroch

11 hours ago, iggy said:

Thanks, but nope. It was a pretty difficult puzzle to work, took longer than expected- about 6.5 hours.

Does anybody know how many different 300 pc. Superman puzzles there were? I can't find another example of one with this illustration by searching eBay active and ended auctions or by using google images...

IMG_7375.JPG

I have a list of 300 and 500 piece puzzles that should be complete. I will dig it up and post it tonight

11 hours ago, iggy said:

IMG_7375.JPG

I found a picture of a lot of the 300 and 500 puzzles

IMG_0719.JPG

Wow, so there's 9 different 300 piece scenes? That's more than I would have thought. Thanks!!

edit: just noticed the box color variation on one of them, so at least 10 with variants.

Edited by iggy

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

I'm at an  Estate Sale and there are two tables full of framed lithos and a table full of unframed ones, maybe thirty framed, 100 unframed.  Mort Kunstler,Roy Nieman,  Peter Max, ect. One that caught my eye is by an  artist unknown to me but is a picture of Sir Edmund Hilary and his guide atop Everest, and is pencil signed by the artist and Sir Edmund. I ask how much and the guy says $200.  Of the 100 unframed, maybe twenty five are of this print, and its an edition of 1953.

I pass as I have a few other sales to hit but have these in my mind. Pretty pedestrian day, spent less than $500  and didn't really get any great finds. Best buy was a group of 20 sets  Chrome license plate holders for $5 at a small auction.

I return and most of the stuff is either gone or marked sold, but much of the art is still there untouched.

I pick up a print and tell a different employee that I had been here earlier and wondered if he would take $100 for this.  He hesitated and asked someone via the radio if he could sell art for $100.  He turns to me and says I can have them for $150, but I have to take them all and not leave anything behind. I'm confused but gather myself and say  "I can have all the art on the three tables for $150?"

He confirms it. I've never moved so fast. The Kunstler prints go for about $300 unframed and the Max go for double that. 

The Edmund Hilary piece, the one I wanted has asking prices all over the place. As high as $900 and as low as $69. I orderd some cheap art bags off Ebay to protect the stuff until I find suitable frames for them. 

Wow! Sounds like a goldmine purchase!

23 hours ago, shadroch said:

photos please

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
On 10/23/2017 at 9:48 PM, shadroch said:

photos please

+ 1

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Had a fun Halloween find this morning!

For reasons that probably only make sense to me, I've been interested lately in getting back into LaserDiscs. I was an early adopter, but ended up selling my collection back when DVD (and later Blu Ray) managed to upgrade most of my titles.

At any rate, I pick up occasional LD's in nice shape if they're dirt cheap, so while I was at my LCS thus morning, I picked up the Criterion Robin Hood for $2. And behind it was 20 Million Miles to Earth for $5.

When I got it to the car, I realized that it was autographed by Ray Harryhausen! And, hidden inside the sleeve (and germane to this thread) was an autographed copy of First Men in the Moon!

For five bucks, it's my best little find in a while! I'm inclined to believe that the signs are legit, as Ray came to town at least a couple of times for Wonderfest.

Happy Halloween!

photo oct 31, 2 29 09 pm.jpg

photo oct 31, 2 29 14 pm.jpg

photo oct 31, 2 29 28 pm.jpg

I am with you on this find.  I still have a large LD collection and Harryhausen is a legend!  Congrats!!