• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Just can't let my favorite thread in General slip to page 3!  Got up early this morning and this is what I found.

Never have seen a water skiing trophy before ! , vintage trophies are really cool...

Me neither. Had to buy it. Here is another one I got about 6 months ago. Love the design, color and patina.

horsetrophy1.jpg

Me neither. Had to buy it. Here is another one I got about 6 months ago. Love the design, color and patina.

I never saw a jockey trophy cup before either !

I pick up an occasional vintage golf trophy now and then on eBay,..  and sometimes garage sales.....they have to be 1960's or before to be at all cool ,.. anything newer has too much plastic

if i go to a high school or college facility to watch a basketball game one of the first things i try to do is check out their trophy cases to see all the old cool looking trophies from years past

Since we are sharing great finds that aren't comic related - here's one. I picked up this camera in a lot at a flea market recently. Just a box of random stuff and the price was right so I took a risk. There were a few cool other ones in the box that folded out... all worth about $10-20 each, but this one is different though looks pretty unassuming.

Apparently it's a super rare 1952 Leica copy, made in Western Germany. Only a few of these have been sold in the past 10 years at high end camera auctions for up to $1k - $2k in slightly better shape. Going to take it to a local camera shop this weekend and see if we can test it out. It's just 35mm so should be fairly easy but I'm not familiar with loading film on super old cameras and sounds like we might have to retrofit something. I've bought lots of vintage cameras over the years but never something that could potentially have some real value. 

20171106_083721.jpg

20171106_083736.jpg

53 minutes ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Since we are sharing great finds that aren't comic related - here's one. I picked up this camera in a lot at a flea market recently. Just a box of random stuff and the price was right so I took a risk. There were a few cool other ones in the box that folded out... all worth about $10-20 each, but this one is different though looks pretty unassuming.

Apparently it's a super rare 1952 Leica copy, made in Western Germany. Only a few of these have been sold in the past 10 years at high end camera auctions for up to $1k - $2k in slightly better shape. Going to take it to a local camera shop this weekend and see if we can test it out. It's just 35mm so should be fairly easy but I'm not familiar with loading film on super old cameras and sounds like we might have to retrofit something. I've bought lots of vintage cameras over the years but never something that could potentially have some real value. 

20171106_083721.jpg

20171106_083736.jpg

Any Leica camera is a winner. I don't know if a copy of one is a good thing. But I would assume even it has some value. Probably a good purchase!

2 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

20171106_083721.jpg

20171106_083736.jpg

What are you going to do with it?

On 11/6/2017 at 6:55 PM, Wolverinex said:

Picked these up at a flea market .   first time I found Silver age out in the wild.  They are about VG to VF condition... not sure if its really worth much...

20171106_182601.thumb.jpg.7ead532c0b76d22ce791eafa1ff173c1.jpg

20171106_182601.jpg

20171106_182601.jpg

The comics that are upside down are worth the most especially compared to the mirrored ones.   Some sort of printing error I am sure but it is best to see the notes on them once they are graded.

(congratulations of finding SA in the wild that's not Dell or Classic Illustrated)

Edited by Phantalien

35 minutes ago, Phantalien said:

The comics that are upside down are worth the most especially compared to the mirrored ones.   Some sort of printing error I am sure but it is best to see the notes on them once they are graded.

(congratulations of finding SA in the wild that's not Dell or Classic Illustrated)

Since they are only 4.5-6, I wasn't sure if I should grade it.  Would you? 

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Just picked this beauty Iron Man 1 up at an estate sale for $110. Shoutout to @Dreamtoreal1 for giving me a heads up. (thumbsu The sale was listed at the last minute and I would have missed it. Thanks buddy  :) 

I also posted this book in the PGM section 

62001EAD-96E1-4704-937C-F8A975EF2A0B.jpeg

happy to be able to give an assist ;)  and congrats! that's a beauty right there Art  :)