• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2024 at 11:10 AM, the blob said:

Aside from the great finds in there it is nice to get something likle that already bagged and boarded!

Definitely! Unfortunately a good number of the bags were those older ones that seem to get yellowed and oddly "sticky" feeling (which is gross). So all the books pictured got new bags and boards (mylar for a couple, but I ran out). I'll probably rebag a few more - there was a decent X-men and Fantastic Four run aside from what is pictured - but a lot of the other books will end up in bargain bins at a show and their current bags are ok enough for that purpose!

On 4/4/2024 at 12:15 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Definitely! Unfortunately a good number of the bags were those older ones that seem to get yellowed and oddly "sticky" feeling (which is gross). So all the books pictured got new bags and boards (mylar for a couple, but I ran out). I'll probably rebag a few more - there was a decent X-men and Fantastic Four run aside from what is pictured - but a lot of the other books will end up in bargain bins at a show and their current bags are ok enough for that purpose!

Yeah, that's always a bummer, in 2020/21 I did a lot of de-bagging of old bags that had gotten yucky.

On 4/9/2024 at 2:29 PM, spreads said:

Hey folks, some great deals here!  I haven't been posting much; there aren't many collections I have enough interest in to see (life is insanely busy too), but I did pick one up today.  It was a lot of 260 books, that looked like it had a stack of deathmate black golds (pics were few and far between).  This seller was 1.5 hours away, but he agreed to meet me halfway and I gave him a bit more.  This was a crazy spec lot from the 90s, like 50 copies of Dracula 1 sealed, 40+ copies of Shadowman 11, etc.  But at about a quarter a piece it's solid!  

There's about 15 of these Gold Star Wars books, 

27 Deathmate Black Golds!  :o

12 Deathmate Prologue Golds

36 Deathmate Epilogue Golds!

26 Deathmate Blue Golds!

3 Deathmate Yellow Golds!

4 Sealed DK 1s, a Deathmate Preview and 3 Sealed Jason Goes to Hell #1.   

The rest are being tossed/recycled.  It's wild to think that I believe the deathmate golds were awarded on a ratio of 1/50 (or maybe there were 2 in a case of each book?).  Regardless, some person would have had a pallet of Deathmates to have these golds that never made their way into collector hands.....

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

I like this score! This is a good score!

On 4/9/2024 at 4:29 PM, spreads said:

Hey folks, some great deals here!  I haven't been posting much; there aren't many collections I have enough interest in to see (life is insanely busy too), but I did pick one up today.  It was a lot of 260 books, that looked like it had a stack of deathmate black golds (pics were few and far between).  This seller was 1.5 hours away, but he agreed to meet me halfway and I gave him a bit more.  This was a crazy spec lot from the 90s, like 50 copies of Dracula 1 sealed, 40+ copies of Shadowman 11, etc.  But at about a quarter a piece it's solid!  

There's about 15 of these Gold Star Wars books, 

27 Deathmate Black Golds!  :o

12 Deathmate Prologue Golds

36 Deathmate Epilogue Golds!

26 Deathmate Blue Golds!

3 Deathmate Yellow Golds!

4 Sealed DK 1s, a Deathmate Preview and 3 Sealed Jason Goes to Hell #1.   

The rest are being tossed/recycled.  It's wild to think that I believe the deathmate golds were awarded on a ratio of 1/50 (or maybe there were 2 in a case of each book?).  Regardless, some person would have had a pallet of Deathmates to have these golds that never made their way into collector hands.....

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

The star wars is a fairly good read, idk about the gold, but there being a platinum version as well it makes sense

On 4/9/2024 at 6:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The star wars is a fairly good read, idk about the gold, but there being a platinum version as well it makes sense

I saw a set of 1-6 sell for about $100.  None of the books above are high grade; I'll double check the blacks to see if any are worth grading but probably not.  

On 4/9/2024 at 6:19 PM, littledoom said:

I like this score! This is a good score!

Thanks.  Less quantity is easy for someone like me that doesn't setup at shows and only sells sporadically...but maybe I post the deathmates as a lot - part of me thinks I should just keep them, lol.  

On 4/9/2024 at 6:01 PM, spreads said:

Thanks.  Less quantity is easy for someone like me that doesn't setup at shows and only sells sporadically...but maybe I post the deathmates as a lot - part of me thinks I should just keep them, lol.  

I would hold onto the gold Deathmates until they become relevant in the market.. I think that's where the true value lies

Gotta love an estate auction that wraps up in the middle of the week! Just got back from picking up my wins. Not much to speak of comic wise. There was a set of Spawn 1-5 that sold for like over $30...I refuse to believe they're worth that much, even if they actually ARE worth that much. The only other comics were some 90's Image drek, and this stack of old Overstreets and price guides that I got for about $5.

The treasure was in toys. This estate was a former antiques dealer who either was a kid in the 70's and 80's, or had a kid in the 70's and 80's. There were gobs of D& books and manuals which I had to pass on due to unfamiliarity with the market.

However, I did come out with a -ton of Star Wars, and a sprinkling or random lines like Transformers, Starriors, Zoids, and more. And I did manage to land a personal grail as well, which you MAY be able to get a glimpse of in these pics.

Lots and lots of pics to come to the Plastic Crack thread in the coming days, but I thought the overhaul haul belong here. Gotta love spring, garage, yard and estate sales are coming back!

IMG_9436.JPG

IMG_9438.JPG

On 4/10/2024 at 8:08 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Yeah, you could say today was a damn good day. I'll sleep well tonight. 

IMG_20240410_230425.jpg

Wow! Lots of mega keys. What print is the TMNT 1 and is there a story you can share with us?

On 4/10/2024 at 9:08 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Yeah, you could say today was a damn good day. I'll sleep well tonight. 

IMG_20240410_230425.jpg

:ohnoez:

^^

On 4/10/2024 at 11:45 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

It's a third print. The story is : great friends that care about you want you to do well. When you put in the effort on yourself, they want that even more. I've worked hard for many years now and I'm very thankful for everything in my life, especially since Mom passed unexpectedly last year.  She was so proud that I'd turned my life around and I've been so much happier as a result. Things like this purchase have continued to happen the more positivity I've put out into the world with my actions. 

Congratulations, CC. So, was it an auction, an estate sale, FB ad - what is the back story on where the books came from?

On 4/11/2024 at 12:55 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Congratulations, CC. So, was it an auction, an estate sale, FB ad - what is the back story on where the books came from?

Networked non-local contact that originated through my business and has turned into a good friend. The deal started taking shape in early February. I traded some early 1980s hockey card sets and 3 Golden Age books toward my part of the deal, then finalized it with the rest of the cash a couple weeks ago. 

On 4/10/2024 at 3:51 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

GTFO with that Rodan! NICE SCORE!!!

Yup, nailed it, that's been a grail for me for some time now, so while I picked up a lot of stuff, that's the one I was zeroed in on. Lots of pics coming to the Plastic Crack thread momentarily.

On 4/21/2024 at 5:02 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Not completely on the topic of this thread (we need a "post your comic book show finds" thread), but I hit up a small, local VFW Hall show today. Spent $130 on some sweet stuff!

That's always what I considered this thread to be, and it encompasses any type of purchase: