• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ovrclck said:

Couple books that I found on Saturday. I was surprised to find the Wolverine #1 still sealed. 

IMG_20170422_114042.jpg

5e0617b7-bb99-40de-a1a9-4637b3b81fd9.jpg

cd39005e-9bf6-4572-88a2-aa9fa10b15f4.jpg

336b2b4a-c556-44fb-b2d0-02b34a1fc350.jpg

Star Wars 2 was relatively worthless (despite what the guide said) for a long time and I guess folks then realized it is the first app of a bunch of key characters (duh) and now it is worth something, as it should have been before.  Once upon a time you could find 2 up in the cheap-o bins (maybe with the bobba fett and the last couple of issues missing), not so much now.

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

Star Wars 2 was relatively worthless (despite what the guide said) for a long time and I guess folks then realized it is the first app of a bunch of key characters (duh) and now it is worth something, as it should have been before.  Once upon a time you could find 2 up in the cheap-o bins (maybe with the bobba fett and the last couple of issues missing), not so much now.

Kinda sounds like the Walking Dead #1. I heard stories of people still finding them in the dollar bins back around when Season 3 was just starting out.  

7 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

Kinda sounds like the Walking Dead #1. I heard stories of people still finding them in the dollar bins back around when Season 3 was just starting out.  

I guess, but the SW books were dead for a long time and the movies in the 90s didn't help a lot. 

I suppose anything is possible because shops mess up, but when WD hit TV they were selling pretty well on ebay and stores here were getting cleaned out (by me, if I could!).  I am pretty sure there was value a little before the TV show as I remember selling a dinged up copy of #6 I fished out of a cheap-o box here for the princely sum of $6 well before the show started.  By Season 3 all the stuff was on fire.  I paid for a nice chunk of a trip to europe based on originally spending about $180 on off the rack issues of WD and WD Weekly.

With that said,  before that I think they were probably into the 30s issue-wise and I went to Midtown Comics when they had a 40% off sale.  I heard there was buzz about WD, but I had never read it.  So I picked up 2 sets issues 9-11 for 40% off $3.50 each issue (they had none earlier).  They had many multiples of all the other issue up until the current ones, but I knew nothing about the title and figured after issue 11 they probably would never be worth anything, so I just bought all the 9-11 they had.  They were all 40% off $3.50 each.  Uhg.  I don't want to think about how many 19s and other keys I just ignored because I didn't know the series.

24 minutes ago, the blob said:

I guess, but the SW books were dead for a long time and the movies in the 90s didn't help a lot. 

I suppose anything is possible because shops mess up, but when WD hit TV they were selling pretty well on ebay and stores here were getting cleaned out (by me, if I could!).  I am pretty sure there was value a little before the TV show as I remember selling a dinged up copy of #6 I fished out of a cheap-o box here for the princely sum of $6 well before the show started.  By Season 3 all the stuff was on fire.  I paid for a nice chunk of a trip to europe based on originally spending about $180 on off the rack issues of WD and WD Weekly.

With that said,  before that I think they were probably into the 30s issue-wise and I went to Midtown Comics when they had a 40% off sale.  I heard there was buzz about WD, but I had never read it.  So I picked up 2 sets issues 9-11 for 40% off $3.50 each issue (they had none earlier).  They had many multiples of all the other issue up until the current ones, but I knew nothing about the title and figured after issue 11 they probably would never be worth anything, so I just bought all the 9-11 they had.  They were all 40% off $3.50 each.  Uhg.  I don't want to think about how many 19s and other keys I just ignored because I didn't know the series.

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience. If we could all go back in time..we'd be rich. 

I just started collecting WD this past Feb. I've always been a fan of the show but never cared for the books until I was gifted #163 (25 cent issue).  Now I'm hooked! :)

19 hours ago, Ovrclck said:

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience. If we could all go back in time..we'd be rich. 

I just started collecting WD this past Feb. I've always been a fan of the show but never cared for the books until I was gifted #163 (25 cent issue).  Now I'm hooked! :)

Yeah, I went there to buy WD issues, I bought some, but I shot myself in the foot not going all in.  I could have walked out with a short box of them, but I was short sighted.

On 4/23/2017 at 5:47 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

Haven't had much luck since I bought the Spidey collection with the X-Men 1 back in October, though I have been busy and haven't been advertising much. A guy did contact me recently with this small batch for sale. Didn't even bother to make an offer because I know we're not going to be in the same ballpark. Says the same thing you hear 100s of times: they bothered to look them all up in a price guide and there were some worth over $500, yet they didn't think to put them to the side so they can identify them later. I feel like the Supergirl tryout and the ASM Annual 1 are the best of the bunch. He says one of the sci-fi books is the $500+ one. Anyone seeing anything I am missing? 

xo3ruRb.jpg

S1FjrXd.jpg

nD1wOz6.jpg

F3qdMxh.jpg

There are 96 things (?) here? I'd offer $3 each. so $288. Some of those coverless books might be something. Mr. Donut loves coverless Golden Age.

54 minutes ago, the blob said:

Yeah, I went there to buy WD issues, I bought some, but I shot myself in the foot not going all in.  I could have walked out with a short box of them, but I was short sighted.

I remember thumbing through WD #1 at the comic book store. I was un-impressed, so I put it back...

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

There are 96 things (?) here? I'd offer $3 each. so $288. Some of those coverless books might be something. Mr. Donut loves coverless Golden Age.

Jeez donut, what is going on with you?  I figure you'd be the guy to say not a penny over $96. 

Local used book store had 10 small boxes of unsearched books. I go there about once a month and browse his comic section.  These happened to have just arrived in the morning. Book store owner said wife brought them in and simply dropped them off for free. As they didn't want to move them. Basically paid 50 a box for them. Here's the better 3 boxes. Lots of xmen and all related titles good and bad.  Pretty much all NM+ or better as they were well taken care of.

No Batman or Spider-Man  even though there was some D.C.  

complete

new mutants 1-100

xmen 260-370

elfquest

warlocks thanos titles

xforce cable xmen 1-80s

wolverine 30-110

Infinity Warlock Quasar Guardians runs

various limited series

then the more drekky alpha flight xman Mcp Xfactor Excalibur etc  

IMG_5055.thumb.JPG.b49e42e07ef7ccb253c8b59e08d73fc3.JPGIMG_5056.thumb.JPG.a7e785d64921d589013b9f4139bba128.JPGIMG_5058.thumb.JPG.53e478de9b31d812c18f0cf12997c7b7.JPG

5 hours ago, skrank said:

29 minutes ago, ft88 said:

Local used book store had 10 small boxes of unsearched books. I go there about once a month and browse his comic section.  These happened to have just arrived in the morning. Book store owner said wife brought them in and simply dropped them off for free. As they didn't want to move them. Basically paid 50 a box for them. Here's the better 3 boxes. Lots of xmen and all related titles good and bad.  Pretty much all NM+ or better as they were well taken care of.

No Batman or Spider-Man  even though there was some D.C.  

complete

new mutants 1-100

xmen 260-370

elfquest

warlocks thanos titles

xforce cable xmen 1-80s

wolverine 30-110

Infinity Warlock Quasar Guardians runs

various limited series

then the more drekky alpha flight xman Mcp Xfactor Excalibur etc  

IMG_5055.thumb.JPG.b49e42e07ef7ccb253c8b59e08d73fc3.JPGIMG_5056.thumb.JPG.a7e785d64921d589013b9f4139bba128.JPGIMG_5058.thumb.JPG.53e478de9b31d812c18f0cf12997c7b7.JPG

^^

Wow!!!! Score man!!

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Jeez donut, what is going on with you?  I figure you'd be the guy to say not a penny over $96. 

Some of those coverless books are worthwhile. I think one of them is Jughead's Folly #1. 

3 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:
5 hours ago, the blob said:

Some of those coverless books are worthwhile. I think one of them is Jughead's Folly #1. 

Hey Blob, maybe we need to road trip down to Baltimore Con this year and see Mr. Donut!

hm

On 4/25/2017 at 10:19 PM, mrwoogieman said:

Hey Blob, maybe we need to road trip down to Baltimore Con this year and see Mr. Donut!

hm

I barely have enough spare loot to do NYCC and I get those passes for free from a buddy.  He offers me for SDCC too, but flying and hotels to San Diego is too much.  Catholic school for my oldest has wound up costing us a chunk more than anticipated.  Wah Wah.

Although with a 15% income tax rate for small businesses, maybe I just sell comics full time.  And move the heck out of New York.   

3 minutes ago, Half-Gringo said:

Estate sale in 'Bama this morning.

Wishing all some great finds in the wild!

20170427_110031_zpsi3nwisg9.jpg

20170427_105953_zpssdhaq7um.jpg20170427_110825_zpsz3h901gw.jpg

Mego <3