• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, FineCollector said:
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:19 PM, Eddragon said:

LCS $1 bin find. After discount, avg'd $0.90 a book

IGxRG9tl.jpg

TN6ASw1l.jpg

Good haul, but kiss that store goodbye if they can't sell Amazing Spideys at a collectible price...

Maybe the store is SO successful, they don't even care about McFarlane spideys (or non-key back issues)

On 12/17/2017 at 4:02 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

Here are the some of the highlights from the collection I picked up yesterday. IM55 is high grade, hoping for at least an 8.5. 

5a36dad7600b7_newbooks.thumb.png.b702112624d70d7583b4e6caef406f21.png

Full run of Iron Man 1 through around 200, run of ASM from around 160 through 299 (yeah...), Uncanny X-Men from 130ish to 230ish. Lots of silver age Fantastic Four, Tales of Suspense, and other Marvel books but unfortunately around half of them have tape on the cover. I am going to sell around 5 longboxes in bulk and keep 5 longboxes of stuff that I think I can sell for at least $3/book so it should turn out very well. It is just a pain in the to bag and board all of these books because of the way the owner took care of them. 

That is an amazing haul !

Picked up a couple of cool things at a local auction today. I'm not a Superman guy, so I'll be throwing that book up for sale momentarily.

However, I'm in love with the Lil Abner Dogpatch Band Toy! It's in terrific working order, appears to be complete, and though there's no box, it does have the instructions! Not sure if many folks around here care about tin toys ( @Robot Man being the probable exception) but considering it is Comic related, I thought you all might enjoy seeing it.

The auction featured a beautiful collection of tin and battery toys, and I went hard after a gorgeous example of the Marx Hootin Hollow Haunted House, but considering buyers premium and tax, I had to drop out eventually, and ended up the under bidder. Already kinda kicking myself for that one.

photo jan 25, 3 11 34 pm.jpg

photo jan 25, 3 20 09 pm.jpg

Oh man, yeah, it's such a cool piece, and this one appeared to be complete. I probably should have gone after it harder, as it'll probably be awhile before I see one as nice. Oh well. Good luck with the hunt!

Edited by F For Fake
Hit wrong button like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person

7 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Picked up a couple of cool things at a local auction today. I'm not a Superman guy, so I'll be throwing that book up for sale momentarily.

However, I'm in love with the Lil Abner Dogpatch Band Toy! It's in terrific working order, appears to be complete, and though there's no box, it does have the instructions! Not sure if many folks around here care about tin toys ( @Robot Man being the probable exception) but considering it is Comic related, I thought you all might enjoy seeing it.

The auction featured a beautiful collection of tin and battery toys, and I went hard after a gorgeous example of the Marx Hootin Hollow Haunted House, but considering buyers premium and tax, I had to drop out eventually, and ended up the under bidder. Already kinda kicking myself for that one.

photo jan 25, 3 11 34 pm.jpg

photo jan 25, 3 20 09 pm.jpg

Great score on that toy! A classic with great action. Yours looks complete. If it were me though, I would have passed on both items if I had to to get that Haunted House. One of the best battery toys of all time. I have posted mine a couple of times. always gets a lot of response. Most toys have lost value over the years but that one just keeps going up. Be patient and another one will turn up. When it does, go real hard for it. You won't be disappointed!

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Great score on that toy! A classic with great action. Yours looks complete. If it were me though, I would have passed on both items if I had to to get that Haunted House. One of the best battery toys of all time. I have posted mine a couple of times. always gets a lot of response. Most toys have lost value over the years but that one just keeps going up. Be patient and another one will turn up. When it does, go real hard for it. You won't be disappointed!

Thank you sir, kinda kicking myself but I'll keep my eyes open for another one!

Nice little pick up at an estate sale this morning. Eternal Warrior 4 is real clean. So is Deathlok. Xforce I got for the Deadpool card. Maybe I’ll run into Rob Liefeld at the show again tomorrow. I’ve had my eyes out for a Wizard 1. Glad to check it off the list :smile:

BF432312-EBBF-49F3-9FE5-F25579FFA246.jpeg

23 minutes ago, DarkPhantom13 said:

I was literally mind blown this morning at the swapmeet. One of the comic book hunter/resellers that constants the swapmeet i go to happened to come across an Amazing Spider-Man #129 from one of the regular vendors at the swapmeet. The guy was asking $5-$10 per comic and the #129 happened to be tucked away behind a regular old Wolverine comic. And this is the part that blows my mind cause i never would have expected this to happen especially from this guy. He pulls out the comic, realizes what it was....and tells the vendor "I dont wanna screw you over so im gonna tell you straight up that this comic is worth like $400, i will give you $250 for it." My mind was blown especially knowing who this guy was that he would even tell the vendor how much that comic was worth. The vendor then looked up the comic and then quickly changed his mind about the $5 per comic lol. The vendor ended up wanting $400 for the comic so the original hunter/reseller that found the comic didn't even end up buying it. I offered the vendor $300 for it but the lowest i could get him to go on it was $350 but i have a strong feeling he would take $300 for it if i showed up with the cash in hand. I told him if he did not sell it by tomorrow if he would take $300 but he said he would talk to me about it tomorrow. 

I was just so mind blown by this whole situation especially knowing that the guy who found the comic is kinda of a scummy reseller or at least i thought he was. Actually made me change my outlook on the guy. But here's a picture of the Amazing Spider-Man #129. Judging by the condition do you guys think it's worth pursuing for $300? 

IMAG0047.jpg

I think it’s definitely worth $300

12 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I think it’s definitely worth $300

+1  @DarkPhantom13

Spoiler

And possibly $350 if you can scrape it up?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Possibly $350 too :) but it's all relative to what you already own or what you plan to do with it....etc or if your buying to flip, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since the seller is "aware" of what he is selling and agreeing to such a price.......

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

Possibly $350 too :) but it's all relative to what you already own or what you plan to do with it....etc or if your buying to flip, which isn't necessarily a bad thing since the seller is "aware" of what he is selling and agreeing to such a price.......

I want it for my personal collection. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and see if he has it. Might just bite the bullet and get it off of him. If it's there then it's meant to be if not then oh well it just wasn't meant to be lol

6 minutes ago, DarkPhantom13 said:

I want it for my personal collection. I'm gonna go back tomorrow and see if he has it. Might just bite the bullet and get it off of him. If it's there then it's meant to be if not then oh well it just wasn't meant to be lol

I'm out of likes or this comment would get one (thumbsu

But also the guy who let him know about the ASM 129.... I can't tell by just a front pic but say it's a was 6.0-7.0, graded that is still worth over $400 ...... I think it comes down to how honest the guy wanted to be lola raw 6.0-7.0 would be worth (??)

So I think the guy didn't want to be a total !@#$&%, but how honest was he about the $400? Is all I'm saying, so if it's still there :wishluck: good but take it all with a grain of salt. :foryou:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm out of likes or this comment would get one (thumbsu

But also the guy who let him know about the ASM 129.... I can't tell by just a front pic but say it's a was 6.0-7.0, graded that is still worth over $400 ...... I think it comes down to how honest the guy wanted to be lola raw 6.0-7.0 would be worth (??)

So I think the guy didn't want to be a total !@#$&%, but how honest was he about the $400? Is all I'm saying, so if it's still there :wishluck: good but take it all with a grain of salt. :foryou:

Haha yea i see what you mean. I'm just honestly surprised he didn't just say "Oh how much? $5? Sure here is your $5" *walks away as fast as possible*

Is there anything i should look out for specifically on this issue? I've never though i would even have a chance to get a ASM 129 so i have no idea what to look for. $300 is a good chunk of money for me so i want to also make sure the comic is legit and i dont get screwed over. If anybody has any pointers i would greatly appreciate it.