• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

I hit four garage sales on Saturday morning that advertised comics. There were some junky comics, nothing worth buying.

Just trying to balance the scales for those who think that it's easy pickings!

Yea, I hit a large flea market that I go to a couple times a year. This was the most comics I have ever seen. Maybe 6-8 tables with comics, but mostly drek. I did find that one seller that had 3 for $2 and found some great deals. There was a guy leaving when I got there though that I noticed got some good stuff too. But 2 hours there of brisk walking plus drive time. They aren't all winners.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Yea, I hit a large flea market that I go to a couple times a year. This was the most comics I have ever seen. Maybe 6-8 tables with comics, but mostly drek. I did find that one seller that had 3 for $2 and found some great deals. There was a guy leaving when I got there though that I noticed got some good stuff too. But 2 hours there of brisk walking plus drive time. They aren't all winners.

It gets us off the couch at least. I seriously only find stuff maybe 2 times out of 10

I'm real lucky because we have huge flea markets every week all year round. I do lots of stuff other than just comics. So, I usually find an old toy, gas or soda pop sign, old sports stuff, political, rock 'n roll and lots of other stuff. So I usually find some thing. Gotta get there early and work it though. 2 times out of 10 for decent, older, vintage comics is about right though. I have scored pretty big about 3 times so far this year. Great excercise and fun as well. 

On 5/28/2018 at 12:14 PM, mrwoogieman said:

I hit four garage sales on Saturday morning that advertised comics. There were some junky comics, nothing worth buying.

Just trying to balance the scales for those who think that it's easy pickings!

This post made me smile. 

I went to a large antique show last weekend. ... nothing remotely close to valuable.

18 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

This post made me smile. 

I went to a large antique show last weekend. ... nothing remotely close to valuable.

Antique show/flea markets for me have been the least productive out of any venue.  Aside from that one exception (mentioned in this thread awhile back) for me it's been a complete waste of time.

1 hour ago, spreads said:

Antique show/flea markets for me have been the least productive out of any venue.  Aside from that one exception (mentioned in this thread awhile back) for me it's been a complete waste of time.

you're right

generally they're pretty bad at yielding good books (at least in my area). I had some success a few years ago at a particular antique show with a particular seller who bought collections and waited for antique shows to sell his books... but he doesn't do the shows anymore.

Here are some stuff I picked up the last couple of days. Mini Joe magazines from an antique store. The others from a garage sale today. My heart raced a little bit as I ran into a few random Batman Adventure Comics. But sadly no Harley Quinn. Tons of beanie babies though :flamed:

IMG_7417.jpg

IMG_7423.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

6 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Here are some stuff I picked up the last couple of days. Mini Joe magazines from an antique store. The others from a garage sale today. My heart raced a little bit as I ran into a few random Batman Adventure Comics. But sadly no Harley Quinn. Tons of beanie babies though :flamed:

IMG_7424.jpg

Is that the phallic cover for the Little Mermaid VHS?

Edited by mysterio

10 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

It is! :banana: I was wondering if anyone would notice lol

Nice. What do those sell for these days? I haven’t had one in a long while, and they used to sell well. 

1 minute ago, mysterio said:

Nice. What do those sell for these days? I haven’t had one in a long while, and they used to sell well. 

Meh. Only like $5 now. I remember they were going for more last year. Just a fun novelty and actually completes a black diamond set my wife got that had little mermaid but someone ripped off the cover. 

39 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Went back as they took out more stuff. I was surprised to find these all there. Not a huge Star Wars fan, but my kids and I will enjoy these for $1 each. I’ll probably open most of them

C7DD51FA-9498-4D24-8C29-D4FCBB0BC6F5.jpeg

D91A487D-0D1B-4A52-9FE9-492223E4B49F.jpeg

I wouldn't open that Vintage Collection Fett. That's a good one.