• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:32 AM, Bird said:

I didn't get around to looking through the box from yesterday this morning, but here are some of the things in the box.

DsK86wuU8AEkow8.jpgDsK86vhU0AATEbT.jpg

The Adam Hughes book is a nice find. A bunch of comic related and scifi mags as well. Even an old Comic Buyer's Guide.

I know, I'm a litte late reacting to these. Those RPG books (Gurps and DC Heroes RPG) are nice. 

Edited by 999ghosts

2 minutes ago, 999ghosts said:

O know, I m a litte late reacting to these. Those RPG books (Gurps and DC Heroes RPG) are nice. 

Thanks! The Gurps is still here (I thought it was in my sales thread actually but it is not) but the RPGs went quickly. Flip City Baby!

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, F For Fake said:

Cool! I've got your your non-spinning cousin!

At the time I bought it, I thought it was from the 80's. In the spinner rack thread, consensus seemed to be 90's. Seller on eBay claims 70's. Who knows? 

596a7d8d90325_PhotoJul1535214PM.thumb.jpg.94afd6a222a068f36f472fed71a15bcd.jpg

Well mine doesn't spin either, lol.  Great item, I like the black!

On 12/17/2018 at 9:36 AM, F For Fake said:

Cool! I've got your your non-spinning cousin!

At the time I bought it, I thought it was from the 80's. In the spinner rack thread, consensus seemed to be 90's. Seller on eBay claims 70's. Who knows? 

596a7d8d90325_PhotoJul1535214PM.thumb.jpg.94afd6a222a068f36f472fed71a15bcd.jpg

I'm intrigued by what is on the counter top.  Is that a sweater for your Maker's Mark and what is the foam hand for?

Doesn't anyone think these wire racks were actually bad for comic books?  When I was a kid people would flip through the top of the books looking to see whats behind and you would end up with a bunch of books with massive spine ticks at the top staple and basically broken at a 30 degree angle.  Whatever floats your boat I guess...

12 minutes ago, Karl Liebl said:

Doesn't anyone think these wire racks were actually bad for comic books?  When I was a kid people would flip through the top of the books looking to see whats behind and you would end up with a bunch of books with massive spine ticks at the top staple and basically broken at a 30 degree angle.  Whatever floats your boat I guess...

Folks here display the comics, usually, in bags and boards on the rack and try not to destroy their own stuff. But yes, they are not designed to keep them 9.8 whilst unprotected.

Edited by the blob

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'm intrigued by what is on the counter top.  Is that a sweater for your Maker's Mark and what is the foam hand for?

Good eye! Indeed, that is a sweater for the Makers Mark bottle. A couple of years ago Maker's created little "ugly christmas sweaters" for their bottles, as a promotional item. I was picking some up some booze for our annual xmas party, and since the bottles with the sweaters cost the same as the non-sweatered bottles, i went ahead and picked it up. I held onto the sweater, and usually stick it on a bottle around the holidays. Which reminds me, the xmas party is this weekend and I need more booze!

As for the foam finger, it was a promo at a game for my beloved Louisville Cardinals. The "L" is a common gesture around these parts. L's up, Go Cards! Allow the Ladybirds to demonstrate: 

0080-L.jpg

Edited by F For Fake

4 hours ago, spreads said:

Well mine doesn't spin either, lol.  Great item, I like the black!

Oh cool! Given the multi-sided feature, I didn't even bother to look at the bottom, I just assumed it was a spinner. Still a super cool rack! And yeah, I dig the black on mine. A couple of slots at the bottom need to be welded but I doubt I'll ever get around to it.

1 hour ago, Karl Liebl said:

I have two racks. In one rack, I only have copies of Ghost Rider 15, the with the big glow in the dark skull. My other rack is stuffed with copies of X-Men #1, Hulk 393 (green foil) and other shiny books that I buy for 50 cents or less, remind me of my misspent youth, and are fun to look at without worrying about condition. I don't sweat 9.8s.

21 hours ago, Karl Liebl said:

I also plan on bringing it to the shows, they are perfect for sets/trades/hardcovers and mini books, etc.

21 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Good eye! Indeed, that is a sweater for the Makers Mark bottle. A couple of years ago Maker's created little "ugly christmas sweaters" for their bottles, as a promotional item. I was picking some up some booze for our annual xmas party, and since the bottles with the sweaters cost the same as the non-sweatered bottles, i went ahead and picked it up. I held onto the sweater, and usually stick it on a bottle around the holidays. Which reminds me, the xmas party is this weekend and I need more booze!

As for the foam finger, it was a promo at a game for my beloved Louisville Cardinals. The "L" is a common gesture around these parts. L's up, Go Cards! Allow the Ladybirds to demonstrate: 

0080-L.jpg

:takeit:

true story...

in 2011, My grandfather started having garage sales/flea markets every weekend in his yard...

on the 3rd one, My dad and I was over helping him out and he had a table set up selling some comics, nothing good just stuff we werent interested in...

But I got to looking and one box was marked "The Thing 1 to _" on the led....I looked in and it turned out to be His complete collection of BOTH Tales To Astonish and Tales To Suspense with every key issue...lol he had $2.00 a book marked on the box.

I later asked him, "if someone asked you to buy the entire box, would you have even looked in to see what was in there?"

He said , No, He looked before he put them out, and has no clue how he got his Tales To Astonish and Tales To Suspense box mixed up...

Bottom line, someone could have bought 2 near complete sets of Tales To Astonish and Tales To Suspense for probably less than 100 dollars if they saw them.

Luckily, no one knew what they were and they sat there for 3 garage sales before I finally noticed them and put them back in the collection