• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, jcjames said:

Pulled these today from the dollar bargain bin... yes, including that one... marked for a dollar... today. Somebody was not paying attention B|

20190221_162358-1.jpg

Nice-- what store was this if I may ask?

also-- is it one of the witching hours that is the oops on their part? Not familiar with those top two books.

8 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

also-- is it one of the witching hours that is the oops on their part? Not familiar with those top two books.

Antique store in Mesa, near Gotham City comics. 

UFO4 is the hot one right now, got one posted up on the bay as we speak (along with another ASM5 OS) - and then I found these two along with the Bronzies.

The Witching Hours are about 5-6 grade, still great pick ups for a buck each. Likey me some good Bronze DC horror.

Edited by jcjames

10 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

25 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

UFO 4? (shrug)  I don’t do moderns so I would have no clue. I have probably just walked by it at a flea market without a second glance. Just too much to keep track of...

UFO #4 stands for Ultimate Fallout #4, which is the first appearance of Miles Morales, which was just the star of "into the Spider-verse" movie that came out around the same time as Aqua-man :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
just the star of

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

UFO 4? (shrug)  I don’t do moderns so I would have no clue. I have probably just walked by it at a flea market without a second glance. Just too much to keep track of...

Yeah, keeping up with moderns is like chasing a herd of cats with their tails on fire. Unless the book has been sorta hot for a while, I don't even try anymore.

UFO4 is a $100ish book now and it's been sorta hot for a few years even before the movie came out.

The good thing I like about collecting SA and BA is that, there are so many really cool books and series even if they're not "hot today, not tomorrow" like so many moderns.

1 minute ago, RCheli said:

The bar code says 411, which means it's a first print. 

I disagree. If you look at eBay listings of 2nd prints, they end in 1 as well, but the first print had his head partially covered, this 2nd print does not.... does that sound correct? Or can you show me a graded first print that shows the complete face.....?

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
5 minutes ago, RCheli said:

I disagree. If you look at eBay listings of 2nd prints, they end in 1 as well, but the first print had his head partially covered, this 2nd print does not.... does that sound correct? Or can you show me a graded first print that shows the complete face.....?

And it ends in 431 not 411 :shy:

just saying it's a second print @F For Fake

10 minutes ago, RCheli said:

I also thought that the bar code was the sure fire way to tell, interesting. Luckily it DOES say 2nd print on the cover!

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

I also thought that the bar code was the sure fire way to tell, interesting. Luckily it DOES say 2nd print on the cover!

I think maybe it had something to do with the 1st print being a polybag edition...

26 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

It's a first print of the second printing. LOL (well someone had to say it )

I guess f for fake already knew too, here I am wanting a pat on the back and you give me what I deserve lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Pat? Pad? Tomayto tomahto let's call the whole thing off....