• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

Estate auction, purchase in 3 lots.

C7EBO2vWgAE7IgC.jpg

Basically I bought these after not getting the thing I went to the estate auction for. I figured I would hedge my bets and ended up spending $50 on that stuff. I was after one of these...

s-l300.jpg

...but dropped out and let the other guy have it when we got to $200 (+ 10% vig). I was there for a kill, not to spend a few hundred on a potential flip.

22 minutes ago, Bird said:

Estate auction, purchase in 3 lots.

C7EBO2vWgAE7IgC.jpg

Basically I bought these after not getting the thing I went to the estate auction for. I figured I would hedge my bets and ended up spending $50 on that stuff. I was after one of these...

s-l300.jpg

...but dropped out and let the other guy have it when we got to $200 (+ 10% vig). I was there for a kill, not to spend a few hundred on a potential flip.

Any chance of seeing that Terrible Five up close?

Love those 'rip off' comics..

29 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Any chance of seeing that Terrible Five up close?

Love those 'rip off' comics..

Sure.

C7EKUi-VAAArPaL.jpg

The deal at this estate auction is that the best comic are in a case and you cannot handle them to check condition. Then they auction them in a haphazard manner  - this was paired with the Teen Titans - if I had not bid they may have added another comic to the lot. (The lot before that was Captain America 359 (1st Crossbones) but no bids, no then it was 2 copies of #359 (there were 4 or 5 there) and that got bids flowing.)

So all that to excuse the water stain, which had another comic on that edge in the case. Here are more photos...

Fun back cover ad? Check!!!

C7EKThzVwAAt1tg.jpg

Miss cut cover? Check!

C7EKTh1U0AAuFdh.jpg

Great goofy action? Check!

C7EKTh0V4AACT3F.jpg

Wait, what is this? Great goofy action that includes my screen name?!? CHECK!

C7EKTh1V4AAU7Vl.jpg

Edited by Bird
fixed last picture

That B.I.R.D. is the greatest lol thanks for the pics.I discovered this character last year and was just...speechless.So,so..everything!What a mash up!

I see Stan Lee,the Atom,Mr Fantastic and Iron Jaw just on the cover...and is that a maskless Sandman or Paste Pot Pete?

Prof. DOOM?

So much awesome,so much..???

I rescued 4 short boxes from an in-law's attic.  Lot includes complete 1-70 Spawn, a bunch of late 80s early 90s X-books, Infinity War, some indies, and what's pictured. They were literally a day away from being tossed when I was called. Makes me wonder just how many books actually get thrown out even in 2017.

20170226_133810.jpg

4 minutes ago, webeloobie said:

I rescued 4 short boxes from an in-law's attic.  Lot includes complete 1-70 Spawn, a bunch of late 80s early 90s X-books, Infinity War, some indies, and what's pictured. They were literally a day away from being tossed when I was called. Makes me wonder just how many books actually get thrown out even in 2017.

20170226_133810.jpg

Hundreds of dollars in books in just that picture alone! People are crazy sometimes...doh!

4 hours ago, webeloobie said:

20170226_133810.jpg

Give us the story! Who bought these books? (If it is too personal just ignore me please.) Going from buying these books to being thrown out...a whole novel is in there somewhere.

12 hours ago, webeloobie said:

20170226_133810.jpg

Wow!  Is that TMNT 1 a first print?!?!?

On 3/18/2017 at 0:17 AM, Red84 said:

Wow!  Is that TMNT 1 a first print?!?!?

Was wondering the same thing!!! I'm a little jealous about it !!!

On 3/17/2017 at 11:20 AM, webeloobie said:

Your a HERO in your own right :) 

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was wondering the same thing!!! I'm a little jealous about it !!!

Your a HERO in your own right :) 

I believe that is a later print due to the amount of blood on the sword in the banner title.

4 minutes ago, Diamonddave said:

I believe that is a later print due to the amount of blood on the sword in the banner title.

Good eye :) I wouldn't have noticed a difference due to me not shopping for one until recently. While I dug the cartoon as a kid the comic never created enough of a buzz for me to read it.....is there much of a difference between the DKR #1 and the lightning bolts on the cover by Frank Miller? Well anyway I didn't know that there were sometimes that slight of a difference between 1print 2print or 3rd print sometimes, thanks :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Good eye :) I wouldn't have noticed a difference due to me not shopping for one until recently. While I dug the cartoon as a kid the comic never created enough of a buzz for me to read it.....is there much of a difference between the DKR #1 and the lightning bolts on the cover by Frank Miller?

I couldn't say, I didn't realize there were later printings of DKR until they started hitting the market before the Batman V Superman movie.

On 2017-03-17 at 5:11 PM, Bird said:

Give us the story! Who bought these books? (If it is too personal just ignore me please.) Going from buying these books to being thrown out...a whole novel is in there somewhere.

It happens more than any one of us could wrap our heads around. A few years back I bought a collection diverted from our city dump. It was an extraordinary coincidence that a friend of a friend knew I bought collections. The guy who brought it to me was still in his work issued overalls, and had them in the original bins the person dropped them off in. It was just under 1000 comics, and I remember when I was going through it, I was instantly overcome with the thought of just how many comics get thrown out.