• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

A few local finds from this weekend and last. 

I was most excited about the Destroyer Duck #1, which is in the 9.4 - 9.6 range, for $2.   The late-period Kirby is nice, but the back-up feature (which is a sleeper of a first appearance, esp. these days!) is aces... :)

recent-finds.JPG

Had good luck at an estate sale this week.  Found about a dozen Walking Dead books that I need, including 1st Ezekiel.  A bunch of Y the Last Man, which i don't ever seem to find.  Was happy to get X-men 21 (although in low grade condition) for only $15, and averaged less than $2 a book on everything else.  This sale advertised having over 25,000 books including ASM 129 and other key books.  The sale started at 4pm on Thursday.  I got there at 1pm and was the 31st name on the list to enter the sale.  The first names were there at 10pm the night before!  Some books were over priced, while others seemed to slip through with low prices.  I didn't hear what the big books went for, but since none of them survived until I got in - the price must have been right for someone.

C7zjGqMWkAAsC4J.jpg

C7zjIgUXkAEcXqN.jpg

C7zjMLnX0AAQ-uZ.jpg

14 hours ago, westerberg14 said:

Had good luck at an estate sale this week.  Found about a dozen Walking Dead books that I need, including 1st Ezekiel.  A bunch of Y the Last Man, which i don't ever seem to find.  Was happy to get X-men 21 (although in low grade condition) for only $15, and averaged less than $2 a book on everything else.  This sale advertised having over 25,000 books including ASM 129 and other key books.  The sale started at 4pm on Thursday.  I got there at 1pm and was the 31st name on the list to enter the sale.  The first names were there at 10pm the night before!  Some books were over priced, while others seemed to slip through with low prices.  I didn't hear what the big books went for, but since none of them survived until I got in - the price must have been right for someone.

I, too, know of this estate sale. It was rather epic. I was late for the fantastic finds, but came away quite happy.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

I, too, know of this estate sale. It was rather epic. I was late for the fantastic finds, but came away quite happy.

I was there also. I didn't come away with any of the big books (gone by the time I got in) but did alright. I'll post pics in my overtime thread.

Edited by jsilverjanet

13 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Surely, those are your prices and not the prices from the estate sale?

No, those are the estate sale prices. I went back and they were 25% off so I grabbed them; I figured the rest of the comics were such a good deal, why not?

Every comic shown other than the 5 priced ones were < $3.

I was third in the door and missed out on "larger" wins, such as Iron Man #1 for $4. 

The estate people had some keys pulled and priced -- sometimes high, sometimes low -- but also left a lot of the modern "keys" in the random $2 boxes.

And don't call me Shirley. ;)

10 minutes ago, manetteska said:

No, those are the estate sale prices. I went back and they were 25% off so I grabbed them; I figured the rest of the comics were such a good deal, why not?

Every comic shown other than the 5 priced ones were < $3.

I was third in the door and missed out on "larger" wins, such as Iron Man #1 for $4. 

The estate people had some keys pulled and priced -- sometimes high, sometimes low -- but also left a lot of the modern "keys" in the random $2 boxes.

And don't call me Shirley. ;)

Fair enough. Odd choice of priced books on their end. Congrats.........Shirley!

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

41 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Fair enough. Odd choice of priced books on their end. Congrats.........Shirley!

"Wall books" (physically pinned to the wall in the house) included: ASM 122, ASM 129 x2, ASM 300 x2, Harbinger 1 x2, ASM 238, ASM 13, Detective 880.

38 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Sweet haul. That Punisher 100 variant is a hard one to find not to mention the others. :applause:

When I was flipping through the Punisher run and saw that as compared to the foil version -- which I was looking for months for -- I felt like:

achievement-unlocked-template.jpg

56 minutes ago, manetteska said:

When I was flipping through the Punisher run and saw that as compared to the foil version -- which I was looking for months for -- I felt like:

achievement-unlocked-template.jpg

Haha Sweet! I've only come across it one time as well. I felt the same way :tink: