• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hado said:

This thread rules :cloud9: 

It always has.

It provides hope for us all (this from a bloke who's biggest recent score was a box of Walt Disney/HB mens ties!) - they are still out there, sadly not in Australia!

Congrats to the buyer - well played sir!

I was at a department meeting at work (psychology) and the talk was bereavement. So I told them that if they collect that they should not leave a problem for their heirs and that "no one wants your beenie babys, your records, your baseball cards, your Lladros, or your comic books". A new employee approached me as we walked out and said that his not yet born kids would want his comics. I told him we need to talk!

They are out there for sure!!! And they want to find us as much as we want to find them, poor neglected things.

2 hours ago, Bird said:

I was at a department meeting at work (psychology) and the talk was bereavement. So I told them that if they collect that they should not leave a problem for their heirs and that "no one wants your beenie babys, your records, your baseball cards, your Lladros, or your comic books". A new employee approached me as we walked out and said that his not yet born kids would want his comics. I told him we need to talk!

They are out there for sure!!! And they want to find us as much as we want to find them, poor neglected things.

This is my favorite thread in General by far. I'm a big flea market guy (not just comics). I love to see what you guys dig up out in the wild.

I have gotten many good leads and finds by letting co-workers know I am a "picker" I have never been ashamed of being a comic book collector. 

awesome find -- without revealing too much detail, did you find out any more about the collection? Like was it mostly pieced together or are some of it original owner rack purchases? Sounds like this guy has a lot of comics. Hope you are lucky enough to get more if not the rest.

Gives us all hope that we might stumble upon some finds like these ourselves (well at least those of us who put in the legwork, which does not include myself).

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 11:05 PM, Bighaley21 said:

Three long boxes of silver and golden age books bought from a local guy.. I'll let this one picture speak for itself..

5.JPG

A Brinks truck for the rest ?!!  :whatthe:   That right there is a mini Brinks worth

Just now, Dark Knight said:

That was a great find!  I remember the news then. Book sold on CC, I believe the book graded in the good range.

Vince did sell that book, but in reading the article, the back cover was nearly torn off completely by some grabby relative of the gentleman who found the comic. How expensive of a mistake is that????

1 minute ago, Diamonddave said:

Vince did sell that book, but in reading the article, the back cover was nearly torn off completely by some grabby relative of the gentleman who found the comic. How expensive of a mistake is that????

at least a $50k mistake?

On 4/30/2017 at 5:59 PM, KryptoMayor said:

Today was a good day. Found this very high grade beauty. I bought the other four books because I felt a little bad just leaving with one book. 

IMG_0765.JPG

I would have bought some extra books also ...out of sympathy

On 4/28/2017 at 9:38 AM, FlyingDonut said:

I love the fact that you're burying a Walt Disney's Comics and Stories 1 as a back row, don't worry about it book. Wow. That's a nice find.

Ha ha, Dan, I was thinking exactly the same thing!