• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Sure, that's good enough.  I'd be very impressed with a find like that!

Believe it or not I've seen two at flea markets. One that got away and one that didn't. One of these days, I'll tell the story...

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Believe it or not I've seen two at flea markets. One that got away and one that didn't. One of these days, I'll tell the story...

Nope. You'll tell that story now! :sumo:

Please?

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I'll be doing this waiting for THE story :popcorn:

Here is a nice group in an estate sale I just picked up for dirt cheap. The brave and the bold #54 looks 8.5+, the superboy #89 looks 8.5+, the adventure #283 looks 8.5+ and the action #252 is 4.5 or better. Also metal men #1 and doom patrol #86-97. Love hunting for these treasures. 

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

HUGE shout out to fellow boardie (you know who you are) who helped "broker" the deal.

He alerted me to an ad on Kijiji for a spinner rack, knowing I had been wanting one.  I went to the ad, unfortunately, it was in Ottawa, ON. I am in North Bay, ON. About 4 hours away.  I contact the seller. I told him I was 100% interested but I lived in North Bay. Turns out, seller was a cool guy and just so happened to have friends that live just outside of my town and travel back and forth regularly.

I e-transferred the seller half the cost as show of good faith and picked it up tonight at his friends place. I even tried to give the 'delivery guy' some cash for his troubles and he wouldn't take it.  A fortunate turn of events. Alerted to spinner rack from a friend and an actual nice and reasonable Kijiji seller. ^^

Just need to find a base now...

20170505_222112.jpg

20170505_223717.jpg

20170505_223730.jpg

20170505_223736.jpg

20170505_223751.jpg

20170505_223807.jpg

1 minute ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Here is a nice group in an estate sale I just picked up for dirt cheap. The brave and the bold #54 looks 8.5+, the superboy #89 looks 8.5+, the adventure #283 looks 8.5+ and the action #252 is 4.5 or better. Also metal men #1 and doom patrol #86-97. Love hunting for these treasures. 

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

AMAZING!!! :headbang:

14 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

why is Doctor No so valuable?  how much you pay for those books I see at least $2000 there.

Edited by kav

9 hours ago, kav said:

why is Doctor No so valuable?  how much you pay for those books I see at least $2000 there.

James Bond, Sean Connery, First Silver Age Dc movie adaptation...and in 9.2+ VERY difficult to find. Even 8.0-9.0 go for good money.

Edited by electricprune

10 hours ago, kav said:

Value wise, $2000.00 seems pretty low.  The Action Comics 252 is likely worth well over that amount all by itself.

44 minutes ago, electricprune said:

James Bond, Sean Connery, First Silver Age Dc movie adaptation...and in 9.2+ VERY difficult to find. Even 8.0-9.0 go for good money.

True, that copy is hard to find in high grades. I have my 9.2 slab and is great by artwork. It is the ONLY James Bond movie adaptation by DC in the Showcase series. 

Nice pick with your books there! (thumbsu

10 hours ago, SOLAR BOY said:

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

Awesome find. Great to see those books are still in the wild. And since I know you Solar Boy, when you say dirt cheap, you mean dirt cheap.:golfclap: