• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Had some fun at a garage sale this morning that I found on CL. Turned out to be a dealer that I knew, so there weren't any steals, but I still managed to scare up a nice little stack of $1 books. He had tons of really nice moderns, lots of hot books and variants, priced fairly, but since I would only be buying that stuff to flip, there wasn't much room at FMV. 

Still, some nice stuff. I've been needing that Dave Stevens Verotik book for a while, so was pleased to find it for $1.

But the real score was the comic rack! Apparently this was the last of three that he'd had. It has some issues, but for the price I'm happy with it. Anyone have any idea about era? Based on the graphics I'm thinking 80's, but I could be wrong.

Photo Jul 15, 3 54 57 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 15, 3 56 03 PM.jpg

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Had some fun at a garage sale this morning that I found on CL. Turned out to be a dealer that I knew, so there weren't any steals, but I still managed to scare up a nice little stack of $1 books. He had tons of really nice moderns, lots of hot books and variants, priced fairly, but since I would only be buying that stuff to flip, there wasn't much room at FMV. 

Still, some nice stuff. I've been needing that Dave Stevens Verotik book for a while, so was pleased to find it for $1.

But the real score was the comic rack! Apparently this was the last of three that he'd had. It has some issues, but for the price I'm happy with it. Anyone have any idea about era? Based on the graphics I'm thinking 80's, but I could be wrong.

Photo Jul 15, 3 54 57 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 15, 3 56 03 PM.jpg

can't see the rack?There's a thread about them thats been fairly active of late...

Sorry, pic loader was acting funky, pics should now be in the next post! 

I'll check for the thread, thanks!

Not much luck at yard sales recently, but I did have some fun digging through dusty boxes at a LCS.

I'm not sure if there are any Phantom fans out there, but I'm slowly filling the holes in my collection.

YardSale-2017-07-14a.thumb.jpg.0ffae06289ffea920d3bc74a0044761d.jpg

Some random magazines and a fun catalog of merchandise. The "Totally Kids" magazine is odd, but it does feature some X-Men trading cards. Lots of memories of watching those cartoons as a kid.

YardSale-2017-07-14b.thumb.jpg.680803bab7778ccf3d8862876df48d33.jpg

I was not familiar with Rocket Blast Comic Collector, but these caught my eye.

YardSale-2017-07-14d.thumb.jpg.d174ad0a5faea9a56b185c7003277f48.jpg

YardSale-2017-07-14c.jpg

Sorry for cross posting this. Came across this oddity today. It's a fanzine called Visions. This is from issue 2. Contains an interview with John Byrne in which he talks about his education and his past work with Charlton And his current work with Marvel on Iron Fist with a. It about his upcoming work on Champions. Book was published in Edmonton, Alberta, and has a publication date of Jan/Feb 1977. Front cover has a Thor Sketch and a Wolverine head shot in the back. Given the interview and the publication date, this book seems to pre-date MTU 53 as first Byrne Wolverine. Anyone have any extra info?

IMG_7710.JPG

IMG_7711.JPG

IMG_7712.JPG

Went to a yard sale today that advertised lots of comics. My wife actually told me about it. One picture showed 5 short boxes so at least I knew it was more than a couple of books. As expected though it was mostly in rough shape and pretty much just drek. I did buy about 15 comics just for the heck of it. Probably the coolest thing I got was an action 1 reprint. I looked on ebay and couldn't find this particular one. 

The guy selling had no interest in pricing individual books so I pad ten bucks and he threw in a few toys my kids were eyeing up. He actually wanted me to take them all. I didn't ask how much he wanted because I had no desire to deal with them. Maybe a dealer could have used some for a dollar bin. And of course there is certainly the chance I missed some gems as my comic knowledge is pretty limited in the grand scheme of things. His wife mentioned some guy was driving two hours to take a look and kept bugging her for details. That guy is probably going to be cursing a lot. 

IMG_1548 (2).jpg

IMG_1549 (2).jpg

IMG_1550 (2).jpg

Edited by wombat

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Junkin day today. No comics to be found and too much compettition. So when life gives you lemons... Got this large and beautiful advertising tray circa 1910 and this cool item that will be of more interest to you folks.

dukeyorktray1.jpg

batmanhelmetinbox1.jpg

I had that set for Halloween one year!

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Junkin day today. No comics to be found and too much compettition. So when life gives you lemons... Got this large and beautiful advertising tray circa 1910 and this cool item that will be of more interest to you folks.

dukeyorktray1.jpg

batmanhelmetinbox1.jpg

Love the Batman helmet!!  A very cool item!!

So here's a story of my most recent purchase/annoyance. People contact me and it might be months before we end up meeting. This girl lived an hour away but could never meet because she didn't have a vehicle. She sent these photos: 

1.jpg.f4fe586969f9daa7eee764e7cfd9f24a.jpg

You'll note the Superboy 68, Fantastic Four 67, and the key Thor being the be best books of the bunch.

I kept her info and usually sent a message once per month to check back. A week ago she's finally able to meet me 30 mins away. She also found more comics and proceeded to send pics of around 50 Walt Disney, Looney Tunes, and other cartoon books. We set up the meet. 

It's a young girl, around 25, she shows up with her mom driving her. As soon as she opened the car's trunk and I saw a very small box with the cartoon comics on top I just knew she didn't bring any of the comics she sent the first time and I was right.

She said she gave a few comics to her nephew but definitely not as many as I said were missing. Her mom looks at her dumbfounded and is like "you forgot them?" At this point I was pretty annoyed but they offered to let me follow them to their house and get them, another 30 mins away. I already came this far and I'm a fiend for comics so I agreed.

She comes out of her house with another bag of comics and says this is absolutely all of them. I bought every non-cartoon comic. Here's what I ended up with:

received.thumb.jpg.6c93bf2dd05d89a3886dfaa414f1a639.jpg

So the girl either lost the Superboy 68 and the other good books or the nephew snatched them. Oh well, on to the next deal.