• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

It's even worse Robin...It's RAT chewed!

Sorry, but I would have left those two behind. I can live with a lot but not RAT chews...

My uncle's friend rescued them from an antique dealer's barn and I paid 5 bucks for the pair.

1 hour ago, creaturefan95 said:

My uncle's friend rescued them from an antique dealer's barn and I paid 5 bucks for the pair.

Well, they are artifacts and sure tell a story. I would at least wear gloves to look at 'em...

Nothing worse than rats, I hate rats.

I am a bit slow on posting these, but here are a couple of pics from an early August collection I snagged on kijiji. The ASM 121 and 122 are not in these pics as I had already pulled them (and they will be off to CGC in my next submission shortly). It was an 11 long box collection with 5 plus boxes of Spidey titles. The earliest ASM was #46, with the run being mostly complete from #200 up. Unfortunately, the run from 46-199 was spotty with the 46, 121, 122, 134, 135 being the only key/semi key books. That being said,  there were other copper keys/hit books and hot minis in it. I can't complain as the price was very reasonable........

IMG_0678.thumb.JPG.9c239e868e2f60e85ad8628e2094eda4.JPG

IMG_0684.thumb.JPG.97f9bf8294bedf2dca6e890dcb3a8bca.JPG

IMG_0685.thumb.JPG.3cff40e3c8309c157d54a1ccd2fe3062.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

Edited by kimik

3 hours ago, kimik said:

I am a bit slow on posting these, but here are a couple of pics from an early August collection I snagged on kijiji. The ASM 121 and 122 are not in these pics as I had already pulled them (and they will be off to CGC in my next submission shortly). It was an 11 long box collection with 5 plus boxes of Spidey titles. The earliest ASM was #46, with the run being mostly complete from #200 up. Unfortunately, the run from 46-199 was spotty with the 46, 121, 122, 134, 135 being the only key/semi key books. That being said,  there were other copper keys/hit books and hot minis in it. I can't complain as the price was very reasonable........

IMG_0678.thumb.JPG.9c239e868e2f60e85ad8628e2094eda4.JPG

IMG_0684.thumb.JPG.97f9bf8294bedf2dca6e890dcb3a8bca.JPG

IMG_0685.thumb.JPG.3cff40e3c8309c157d54a1ccd2fe3062.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

tenor.gif

Picked up another collection from the same used book dealer, and he threw in all the books I passed on last time for free, so I got a couple hundred mid to high grade Dell westerns and four colors along with these.

Green%20Lama%203_zpslvqhhvw5.jpgSmash%20Comics%2055_zpszwqsfp6a.jpgSuper%20Magician%20Vol%203-11_zpsyrj3wk3

So

I responded to an ad on craigslist yesterday.  Someone said they were selling 6 boxes, and the pics they put up were 90's drek, totally valiant and image, and a small run of knightfall / knightquest batman.  The way the ad was worded made it seem like they didn't really know what they had and they wanted to get rid of it.  So I decided to hit'em up, and turns out seller works in the same organization as me.  CONVENIENT.

So we met in the parking lot after work, the person just wants to get rid of it.  Its six FULL long boxes, mostly bagged and boarded, mostly image and valiant, with most of the keys removed but still a few marvels and dc's and a few minor keys.  Sadly no Spawn.  A LOT of Malibu.  So I explained to her that it was mostly trash, but there were some good comics, so I made an offer which she took so she could essentially get rid of the books and not risk meeting some other craigslist stranger.

I went through the books last night, and built some small image and valiant runs I might sell, pulled a few books to keep, and a few more to sell.  I'm donating 4 out of the six longboxes on my lunchbreak to the salvation army today.  I could probably try to get $10 per longbox, but its not worth it to get murdered by a craigslister, I'd rather get $15 off of my taxes or something.  Besides, I have a rental jeep these two days for easy haulin. 

Here's some pics of the stuff, not necessarily the good stuff, just the stuff.

IMG_8715.jpg

IMG_8717.jpg

IMG_8718.jpg

IMG_8719.jpg

IMG_8721.jpg

IMG_8726.jpg

IMG_8731.jpg

Not pictured are the KEY comics that actually compelled me to buy the comics.  I can't find the pic now, I'll post the pic tonight of the good stuff.

Edited by revat

4 hours ago, Montezuma said:

Picked up another collection from the same used book dealer, and he threw in all the books I passed on last time for free, so I got a couple hundred mid to high grade Dell westerns and four colors along with these.

Congrats :applause:

5 hours ago, revat said:

Its six FULL long boxes, mostly bagged and boarded, mostly image and valiant, with most of the keys removed but still a few marvels and dc's and a few minor keys.  Sadly no Spawn.

I remember a time when finding spawn runs in the wild was considered bad luck

Just now, Aweandlorder said:

haha most of it was worse than SPAWN USED TO BE.

Wouldn't have minded a few Image Newsstands, but only found 1 out of  500-600 Image comics

4 hours ago, revat said:
4 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

haha most of it was worse than SPAWN USED TO BE.

Wouldn't have minded a few Image Newsstands, but only found 1 out of  500-600 Image comics

The good part of the 6 longboxes I bought of CL I mentioned a few posts back

IMG_8744.jpg

IMG_8745.jpg

IMG_8746.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

IMG_8748.jpg