• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did anybody tell him were to look so that he could see said advertisements? 

@Wolverinex try estatesales.net    for estate sales, I don't know where you'd fine advertisements for "garage sales", I'd be curious about that myself. I suppose craigslist but I wouldn't use that, somehow garage sales are safer hahaha

okay thank you!  I did check out estatesales.net.  Nothing was showing up and for garage sales, I was just randomly driving around and it was definately the wrong thing to do lol.  Thanks for your advice!

1 hour ago, spreads said:

I said to avoid garage sales that don't advertise comics....you can always try and contact garage sale listings to see if they might have comics, but to go hunting comics at random garage sales is not the way to go. 

I see said the blind man. Where do you find garage sale listings lol? I'm just a little lost here

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Craigslist for me

Thanks, I was just about to tell @Wolverinex the same thing after googling it :) thanks jsilverjanet for excusing my ignorance and being cool in your answer :)

2 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

Searched through about 150 books of absolute drek when I get to a run of Incredible Hulk that starts at 195 and stops at 184. You tease HP books!

It’s been forever since I’ve found anything good at HPB

11 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

CONGRATS  635!  what a find.   Do you see comics at good will often?

First time!  I’ve always heard of people finding books there so I look occasionally with no avail.  I was donating some stuff and I asked the girl at the back door if they had any comics and she said 5 big boxes got donated a few days ago but they were only down to 2 boxes.  I’m sure 1st Zoom was probably in there at one point because they had a large run of the Johns Flash run still left.  Found a firestorm 3 but the top staple was popped out so I put it back.   Still a great score with the 635!

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks, I was just about to tell @Wolverinex the same thing after googling it :) thanks jsilverjanet for excusing my ignorance and being cool in your answer :)

Craigslist is good, and my local paper also has a "garage sales" section as well.  I usually just do a Ctrl+F search on th e page for "comic" to see if it finds anything, rather than waste my eyesight going over each individual listing.

It's been a long time since I had much luck at a yard/garage sale. For me, auctions and estate sales are the place to be. Auctionzip is a good site for seeing what auctions are coming up. Once you are familiar with the auctioneers in your region, they most likely have their own websites and facebook pages where they'll list upcoming sales. I just monitor the sites of my local guys and wait for comics to come up.

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

It’s been forever since I’ve found anything good at HPB

Same. It used to be a gold mine. Now they've doubled their price on new books ($2 vs $1) and it seems like the good stuff rarely makes it to the floor anymore. I still score every once in a while, but nothing like I used to. I think everyone around here knows about these honey holes now.

46 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Hey @iggy.  Congrats on the puzzle.  Very cool!  Is it complete?

Thanks, but nope. It was a pretty difficult puzzle to work, took longer than expected- about 6.5 hours.

Does anybody know how many different 300 pc. Superman puzzles there were? I can't find another example of one with this illustration by searching eBay active and ended auctions or by using google images...

IMG_7375.JPG

1 minute ago, iggy said:

Thanks, but nope. It was a pretty difficult puzzle to work, took longer than expected- about 6.5 hours.

Does anybody know how many different 300 pc. Superman puzzles there were? I can't find another example of one with this illustration by searching eBay active and ended auctions or by using google images...

Wow.  At least the main image is complete.  Still looks great!

The price was still right, $30 for the big box that had 10 other old puzzles, a Man from U.N.C.L.E. card game, a single '60s Connery James Bond non-sports card and a few throwaways. It made me think about how puzzle restoration would be interesting work. 

6 minutes ago, iggy said:

The price was still right, $30 for the big box that had 10 other old puzzles, a Man from U.N.C.L.E. card game, a single '60s Connery James Bond non-sports card and a few throwaways. It made me think about how puzzle restoration would be interesting work. 

Well, you can't go wrong for $30.  The puzzle piece idea would be interesting.  I bet with a little fine tuning of mixing color and such, you could probably figure it out to make the image complete.  I have a friend that loves painting Warhammer figures.  He has an incredible talent for mixing and matching color.  Just insane.