• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2018 at 10:12 PM, Wolverinex said:

I never see these EVER.  How do you guys even find hear about these things?  Every garage sale I ever go to has only hold crappy clothes or vhs tapes

I was just at one & all they had were  wolverine comics from the 90s in crappy shape no less!

4 hours ago, Nuttzo said:

I couldn't believe I found this on Good Friday. I got out of work early and went by the flea market to grab a CD. Saw a stack of Ghost Rider books, mostly the 90s series with a few of the first series. Then I spotted this beauty. I probably could have gave him 50 for the whole stack, but just ended up grabbing this for 100.

20180330_155320.jpg

wow it's funny i was just thinking about buying this book!

great find!

Picked up a small collection from a lead on LetGo (of all places) for cheap (he only advertised one issue). Silver Age Spideys, high grade Amazing Adventures and plenty of great reading material like Byrne Fantastic Four, Michael Golden Micronauts and Bill Sienkiewicz Moon Knight. Will take pics when I'm home from the bar. It's been a good day. ?

I picked up a cool print last week. This week I went hunting at a few sales. Got a stack at 25 cents each, a stack for $1 each, and a bit more for the Hulk 180 and Inhumans 1. Hulk 180 has the MVS, but has 2 ads cut out :sorry:I'd never come across the Pedigree Gold packaging before. It looks like they made these for a bunch of books, including Spawn. I can't find much on the X-Men Unlimited preview. I've found a few different ones of these. The Inanity parody fanzine is...interesting.

YardSale-2018-03-31.thumb.jpg.cef4c86ad322aa7bdda0f58bfe1ae9a1.jpg

YardSale-2018-04-07-25cent-02.thumb.jpg.c0e65c8d025c3d7e7d0c0f6b37f90527.jpg

YardSale-2018-04-07-25cent-01.thumb.jpg.b7c227f45d524a06f72928197c2e255d.jpg

YardSale-2018-04-07-01-dollar1.thumb.jpg.b274062e3a11cf7815565f31c0e21643.jpg

YardSale-2018-04-07-01-dollar2.thumb.jpg.98a8ea129df8f7fbb2f5b61a9cb5b05a.jpg

YardSale-2018-04-07-01-magazine1.thumb.jpg.d1e60cffbede745d1300af2f794923aa.jpg

YardSale-2018-04-07-01-magazine2.thumb.jpg.ce3624eecb3da8df661082377327e944.jpg

YardSale-2018-04-07-01-expensive.thumb.jpg.3c449528f4da520a964c4cbb93bb1b12.jpg

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎04 at 6:15 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Picked up a small collection from a lead on LetGo (of all places) for cheap (he only advertised one issue). Silver Age Spideys, high grade Amazing Adventures and plenty of great reading material like Byrne Fantastic Four, Michael Golden Micronauts and Bill Sienkiewicz Moon Knight. Will take pics when I'm home from the bar. It's been a good day. ?

Great stuff chip!  Is that Macfarlane Spider-Man worth anything?  I must have at least 10 copies of it..I don't know what I'm gonna do with them...

54 minutes ago, spreads said:

Great stuff chip!  Is that Macfarlane Spider-Man worth anything?  I must have at least 10 copies of it..I don't know what I'm gonna do with them...

Maybe $5? It looks like a nice 9.4 or so. I can't remember if the gold or silver one was produced less. 

14 hours ago, srezvan said:

I can't find much on the X-Men Unlimited preview.

YardSale-2018-04-07-01-expensive.thumb.jpg.3c449528f4da520a964c4cbb93bb1b12.jpg

On the X-Men Unlimited book... From my understanding, these were advanced copies (literally photocopied on regular paper) that were sent to retailers so they could sample the book and decide how many they'd be ordering.  Interestingly enough, I think the "preview" is actually the full book, just not colored.

They're somewhat tough to find, though not worth that much ($5-$20).  I'm assuming these would be a "one-per-store" sort of thing, with most copies likely getting trashed.

This is the first I've seen of the X-Men Unlimited preview.  There are a number of other issues that were released like this, though.  I'm always on the lookout for Wolverine-titled ones.  I own both the previews for Wolverine: Killing and Wolverine/Nick Fury: Scorpio Rising.

16 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Maybe $5? It looks like a nice 9.4 or so. I can't remember if the gold or silver one was produced less. 

If my memory serves, it's the Silver cover with a barcode that's the money book.  It might be #2 behind platinum.  Silver with the spider-head is a few dollar book.

2 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:
16 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

If my memory serves, it's the Silver cover with a barcode that's the money book.  It might be #2 behind platinum.  Silver with the spider-head is a few dollar book.

It's the gold with bar-code. It was only distributed to Wal-Mart and had an approximate print run of less than 10,000.

There was no bar-code version of the silver, but the poly-bagged version has no cover price.

Just now, Foley said:

It's the gold with bar-code. It was only distributed to Wal-Mart and had an approximate print run of less than 10,000.

There was no bar-code version of the silver, but the poly-bagged version has no cover price.

It looks like my memory mis-served.

Thanks for correcting me.

18 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

The gold is definitely more rarer, not sure on the print run.   The gold barcode is a big book as mentioned as well as the platinum.

Edited by spreads