Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
57 57

12,167 posts in this topic

2,089 posts
15 hours ago, rsouxlja7 said:

Picked up an original owner collection of around 200 silver age Marvel over the weekend. Some of the better stuff.

IMG_8548.thumb.jpg.1cbe948a2ca52892689ee00c281fbf24.jpg

Great Haul!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,463 posts
1 hour ago, Moetown said:

Here's a sample of a few books I picked up last night (I seldom run into early DC but this is the 2nd collection I've seen this summer but this one also included a few Marvels I like).  There was a bunch of Batman, Action, Adventure, JLA from 1-30 and TECT's from the 50's, 60's...

 

 

IMG_7656.jpg

That is awesome (thumbsu

Most of the JLA's seem in decent shape.  :whee:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,920 posts
4 hours ago, Moetown said:

Here's a sample of a few books I picked up last night (I seldom run into early DC but this is the 2nd collection I've seen this summer but this one also included a few Marvels I like).  There was a bunch of Batman, Action, Adventure, JLA from 1-30 and TECT's from the 50's, 60's...

 

 

IMG_7656.jpg

Star Trek #1 - great book!

All are great books - congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37,266 posts
23 hours ago, Beige said:

Star Trek #1 - great book!

All are great books - congrats!!

Star Trek 1 was the "great book" in that pile? :foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,465 posts
On 8/27/2018 at 12:08 AM, FineCollector said:

Just storage for a new collector.  The orange one was advertised in the 1989 (possibly '90) Sears and JC Penney Christmas catalogues in Canada and US.  They came with ~30 overstock comics, a guide to collecting, a repro of the first Overstreet, and a poster.  I'd very much like to know the details about this one.

I heard that the green one was from the Marvel fan club in the early 90s but I’m not sure.  I have one and I’d like to know about it also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,760 posts
11 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Hadn't gone bargain-bin looking in a long time, so the past two days I hit some old haunts and came out with a decent little group of cheapo comics.

 

20180830_155553-1.jpg

nice-- did you see that Star Trek book above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,395 posts
25 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

nice-- did you see that Star Trek book above?

hm Actually I did. I like it. :bigsmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,522 posts
On August 19, 2018 at 5:37 PM, pastandpresentcomics said:

Here's the other book I found at tne antique mall in June. Super stoked. Only 5 on the census and tied for top census. It was a great day.

20180819_173402.jpg

Rennigers in Mt. Dora?

Edited by Darth Corgi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,920 posts
On 8/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Star Trek 1 was the "great book" in that pile? :foryou:

:bigsmile:

I've wanted a nice copy of that for ages, so yes........    :x

Who could resist Leonard Nimoy's eyebrows?  :x:x :bigsmile::headbang:

That was a great haul though, I certainly agree!  :foryou:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
762 posts

Picking through a LCS. Two of the last issues of the 1980s Star Wars Fan Club (Bantha Tracks), some 1986 DC promos, Batman novel, and some really cool 1976 stamps (complete with the bonus stamps).

YardSale-2018-09-08b.thumb.jpg.5b996451cd0efb8cba5f6efbfc5a1b13.jpg

YardSale-2018-09-08c.thumb.jpg.7b5d14618fcbf8809f79642b455a4308.jpg

YardSale-2018-09-08d.thumb.jpg.d92df20c8a32b74496d5281a4fa61997.jpgYardSale-2018-09-08e.thumb.jpg.bc6c42f97e380d4809002528d2db1111.jpgYardSale-2018-09-08f.thumb.jpg.3063c4ccd7afb1d43bfc3e3b3812a657.jpgYardSale-2018-09-08g.thumb.jpg.98bb7f104cfd473bc0e00bd411e586b5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,443 posts
On September 2, 2018 at 6:17 AM, Junkdrawer said:

No Comics today but I did find original comic strip art.

Dixie Dugan 

Dec. 10, 1933 Sunday

size 14”x16”

by John H. Striebel

393E8BC5-D457-42C0-ABFF-D01A0BAE260B.jpeg

I hear the Sept Brimfield is next week.  :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,063 posts
1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I hear the Sept Brimfield is next week.  :banana:

Doh, today is the last day. Funny there were like 15-20 Brim dealers at my local flea with their picked over . One more week for me and I’m done til the spring. Sunday morning hockey starts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,443 posts
1 minute ago, Junkdrawer said:

Doh, today is the last day. Funny there were like 15-20 Brim dealers at my local flea with their picked over . One more week for me and I’m done til the spring. Sunday morning hockey starts. 

I wasn't sure the exact date. I never go to the July one (too hot usually) and the Sept one is pretty slim pickins. I'm spoiled. I go to a big flea market just about every weekend all year long out there. I actually skipped the Rose Bowl today and the local comic book show yesterday to just chill and do other stuff. I'm going to take the Indian out for a roll in an hour or so. Cruise down Coast Highway with a couple of buddies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,063 posts
58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I wasn't sure the exact date. I never go to the July one (too hot usually) and the Sept one is pretty slim pickins. I'm spoiled. I go to a big flea market just about every weekend all year long out there. I actually skipped the Rose Bowl today and the local comic book show yesterday to just chill and do other stuff. I'm going to take the Indian out for a roll in an hour or so. Cruise down Coast Highway with a couple of buddies.

How bout snap a pic of that bad boy before you go. Love to see that. What year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
683 posts

Found these at a junk shop yesterday.  Not really my thing, but when I see 8.0-9.0 comics from the 1960s priced at 4 for $10, I will buy. According to OSPG, the Ellery Queen is worth $50 (in theory) but where do I find the elusive Ellery Queen fan nowadays?  

 

I could not not find any listing in OSPG for the Prince and the Pauper.  Please advise if you have any thoughts on its value.

 

IMG_0367.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
57 57