• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Spent all day today looking at comics, toys and misc stuff....what my purchase looked like from the front and back of the Transit....and this is after I had taken out several boxes of stuff!

It has been a busy 2-3 weeks....

20181021_193215.jpg

20181021_190136.jpg

Was all that stuff stacked neatly then you rolled your van on the way home?

1 hour ago, the blob said:
12 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

You're right.  Why even waste time by posting in the first place? 

Posting words is easy, photos and multiple uploads on my phone is a pita. I know you are used to getting to work in 50 below temps and 7 feet of snow, so you laugh at such adversity , but we city slickers are soft. Anyway, if I had a genuine haul I would have pics. One day...

:wishluck:

1 hour ago, bane said:

Lol...nope I packed it that way (hardly call that packing).....not really many boxes available...literally was taking them off the hooks on the walls and tossing them in the van.  Well, I did start with stacks first but ran out of room so then just started tossing them in....

1 hour ago, bane said:

That is impressive. I take it you sell a lot of toys? I have the nightmare (not really) scenario of finding someone who wants to unload 100 long boxes right then and there. We have a chevy traverse that can hold a lot of stuff, but it's my wife's car and only has 6500 miles on it, so it would probably need to be a palette of Action 1s for her to be willing to let me use it for that purpose.

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

That is impressive. I take it you sell a lot of toys? I have the nightmare (not really) scenario of finding someone who wants to unload 100 long boxes right then and there. We have a chevy traverse that can hold a lot of stuff, but it's my wife's car and only has 6500 miles on it, so it would probably need to be a palette of Action 1s for her to be willing to let me use it for that purpose.

Comics, magazines, toys....yeah we sell them all.  Go to between 15-20 shows a year on average....depending on the year.  Always picking up stuff when I can....

Getting to process everything however can be problematic due to having to work full time....I'll come home from work and work another 5-6 hours every day this week....

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Those are awesome, but how much did they cost? I have tried to go to one tag sale. The making you wait outside part drives me nuts. Did you go to that thing in bohemia I've been getting FB pops on? Pushing comics, so I figured overpriced or cherry picked, but who knows?

I paid $75 for the Steranko and $125 for the Kirby. I went to the Bohemia MEGA Yard Sale!! once earlier this year. The dollar bins had nothing of any value. There was some of the "good stuff" available but it was priced accordingly so I haven't returned but keep getting the ads every week multiple times a week sometimes.

17 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

I paid $75 for the Steranko and $125 for the Kirby. I went to the Bohemia MEGA Yard Sale!! once earlier this year. The dollar bins had nothing of any value. There was some of the "good stuff" available but it was priced accordingly so I haven't returned but keep getting the ads every week multiple times a week sometimes.

Cool. The Kirby one starts at $365 on ebay and goes up.

36 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Comics, magazines, toys....yeah we sell them all.  Go to between 15-20 shows a year on average....depending on the year.  Always picking up stuff when I can....

Getting to process everything however can be problematic due to having to work full time....I'll come home from work and work another 5-6 hours every day this week....

Wow, all those toys one day and 150 boxes of comics the prior day! You are hoarding for a winter's worth of listings on ebay. I guess the weather will put a crimp on outdoor selling and buying. 

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

Wow, all those toys one day and 150 boxes of comics the prior day! You are hoarding for a winter's worth of listings on ebay. I guess the weather will put a crimp on outdoor selling and buying. 

Ebay is not my favorite venue but I will probably do some listing there soon....

And to be fair I bought 80+ boxes one weekend and then 60+ more about a week later....now all of the toys in a little over another week.  I figure that at this rate in a month or so I'll need to buy another house to store everything in....:pullhair:

12 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Spent all day today looking at comics, toys and misc stuff....what my purchase looked like from the front and back of the Transit....and this is after I had taken out several boxes of stuff!

20181021_193215.jpg

20181021_190136.jpg

:whatthe: Wow.

56 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Ebay is not my favorite venue but I will probably do some listing there soon....

And to be fair I bought 80+ boxes one weekend and then 60+ more about a week later....now all of the toys in a little over another week.  I figure that at this rate in a month or so I'll need to buy another house to store everything in....:pullhair:

Those pre-fab metal storage sheds are pretty cheap. Not sure how well paper products hold up in the cold (or heat) inside of them though.

4 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

That is an awesome price for the Kirby!! ^^

21 hours ago, Hekla said:

Serious question – what was the title of the symbols in art book? I’ve been looking for a specific symbology book but can’t remember the name.

DqJZxP5X4AEnsA4.jpg

I have one called the Women's Encyclopedia or Symbols & Signs, or something like that, as well.

On 10/21/2018 at 10:19 PM, Bearcatcoach said:

20181021_193215.jpg

20181021_190136.jpg

This is a impressive haul but god the organization is killing my OCD.....@.@

2 hours ago, ExodusGear said:

This is a impressive haul but god the organization is killing my OCD.....@.@

Bearcatcoach...please let this poor soul see what it looks like after you've organized it