• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Just takes some legwork and luck.  Go to as many events as possible, network with others, and have enough spare cash to be able to pick up some cool items!

I suppose I don't know what you're paying. Obviously low enough that you think there is a profit.

You would think that a local comic seller around here in NYC that uses terms like "warehouse" and "avalanche of wonder" to describe their  comic selection would be open today when many have off from work and can actually drive to their remote location. You would have thunk wrong! So much for killing a few hours with the kids.

Edited by the blob

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Some of the ones I set aside already.. plenty more I have to go through.. Just like he said, plenty of straight runs, lots of signed books and some very cool variants.. Very happy!

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

for tree-fiddy? Nice haul.

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang, I'm salivating over that Snyder Batman 1 .  How did he know to contact you?  Do you own a store?

Nah this was off craigslist.. I usually dont get much action there but every once in awhile you get lucky.. Im actually really stoked about the 3rd claw wolvie book.. Never thought Id find one in the wild

45 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Nah this was off craigslist.. I usually dont get much action there but every once in awhile you get lucky.. Im actually really stoked about the 3rd claw wolvie book.. Never thought Id find one in the wild

The boxes and bags and boards alone might almost be worth $350 for 2000 books. Local shops probably offered him a dime a book, so he bumped it up to 17.5 cents  book.

Edited by the blob

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Really?  Still pretty steep for me :D  I will have to look into it!

It might be comings back, who knows? I used to have a bunch of #2s, sold them for $15-$20 pretty consistently, but never got around to listing my last 3 or so and they were selling for like $5, and now I seen some recent sales in the teens. that's promising.

18 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Some of the ones I set aside already.. plenty more I have to go through.. Just like he said, plenty of straight runs, lots of signed books and some very cool variants.. Very happy!

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

very nice score  That 3 claw variant looks really nice

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

It is. These are all gonna be pressed and pre screened.. owner kept them in amazing shape

Do you regularly press books that already look perfect to you? Is that what folks do nowadays?