• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Ran out on my lunch break to pick up a collection from a FB deal. Nothing fancy, 7 short boxes of mostly modern stuff. But I was into it because:

1. Everything is bagged and boarded and sorted

2. Nice big runs of titles.

I just got back to the office so I haven't been able to do a deep dive yet, but everything appears to be in terrific shape. Everything I've seen so far looks like it was bought new and bagged right away. Of course, who knows what is hiding in the bags, but first glance is promising. In fact, the newer books (runs of the first 20 issues of all of the Batman 52 titles) still have the TFAW mailorder stickers on the bag flap, and don't appear to have ever been opened at all. He said he'd been getting mail-order for a while and hadn't even looked at the books. 

Like I said, nothing to really blow your skirt up, but I'll do well with what I paid.

Includes unbroken runs of Uncanny 229-300 and change (including a nice copies of 266 and 244 all of the Jim Lee stuff), X-Factor 1-90 something (including 5, 6, 24, etc), X-Men 1-200+ (including the entire Lee/Claremont and Morrison runs), the aforementioned Batman runs (super nice Court of Owls run, which is itself a $100 or so chunk these days), Wolverine (1st ongoing) 1-50+, Punisher (1st ongoing) 1-50+, etc. About 1200 books in all. Lots of random stuff, including a box of about 300 unbagged Image books he threw in. The boxes look brand new, and he even threw in the remains of a flat box of unassembled brand new short boxes, and a big stack of bags and boards.

I'll throw up some scans of the nicer books once I'm in for the night.

Fun!

Photo Apr 02, 2 48 26 PM.jpg

Congrats!

It always fun to work a collection like that!

10 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Thanks! It's true, this is the sort of collection I enjoy; low stakes but nice books, enough to make it worthwhile, but not overwhelming.

I finally got everything inside tonight and had a chance to go through them. I'm happy. The copper stuff is mostly VF or better, and the newer stuff is uniformly NM or better. The little stack pictured here should pay for the lot, and that still leaves me 1100+ books to work with, including those nice runs of Wolvie and Punisher, plus random stuff like a complete set of the Spider-Man Back in Black story, some sharp Spider-Man Essentials, not to mention to unopened packs of bags and boards.

The unstamped FCBD Umbrella Academy was a very nice bonus!

IMG_7423.JPG

IMG_7424.JPG

IMG_7425.JPG

IMG_7427.JPG

IMG_7428.JPG

IMG_7429.JPG

IMG_7430.JPG

IMG_7431.JPG

IMG_7432.JPG

IMG_7433.JPG

IMG_7434.JPG

Awesome!

I love working a collection!

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Used bookstore $1 finds...

Only f/VF so not a flip but you never know...

20190406_121611.jpg

Nice find for a buck! (thumbsu

Of course there are some folks on the bay who can turn that $1 book into a $50 book with just the stroke of a pen! >:(

I just left an estate sale where you put in blind bids for 10K+ comics...the leftovers from a previous estate sale. They did tell me as I left that I was the high bidder at that time. Good news or bad news? Very few good books in there but lots of runs and most bagged/boarded in mylites.

I did see Hellblazer 27 in there, missed that when they were $1 each! Lots of beautiful Cerebus from about 40-100. Counting my chickens as you can see. If I was smart I would have rolled in there at 2:45 with 15 minutes left so I expect that someone else will do that and outbid me after talking to the chatty Cathys.

That Action 686 2nd print should fetch at least $50, outside chance at triple digits.  Those are RARE and sometimes in demand.  It's looks to be a in really good shape from the photo.  The DCU DoS higher printings are VERY TOUGH in higher grade, that's one of the super rares. 

1 hour ago, kenaran said:

That Action 686 2nd print should fetch at least $50, outside chance at triple digits.  Those are RARE and sometimes in demand.  It's looks to be a in really good shape from the photo.  The DCU DoS higher printings are VERY TOUGH in higher grade, that's one of the super rares. 

thank you for this info - I have a set of 2nd and 3rd prints of the whole funeral for a friend and haven't had the time to list as a set

On 4/2/2019 at 1:29 PM, Robot Man said:

The Hank Aaron figure is a Hartland from late ‘50’s. Missing bat but easily got on eBay

Love the old Baseball Hartlands.  I had the Aaron once, back when I cared about sports memorabilia.  

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

thank you for this info - I have a set of 2nd and 3rd prints of the whole funeral for a friend and haven't had the time to list as a set

It's really fickle which ones are worth something.  There are a couple of threads over in Copper and Modern covering it.  Also keep in mind that it's a limited buyer pool, so prices can be all over the place.  I had a dastardly time with Action 686 2nd and MOS 20 2nd