Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
54 54

11,486 posts in this topic

3,208 posts
9 minutes ago, Bird said:

I will probably get shut out as this place often goes above market value but hopefully I’ll go home with something

It won’t be this one though obviously

4E21E426-80E8-48BD-9426-71C547A4DD01.jpeg

Let us know what that one pulls down if you are around for it.  I was going to show up there today but couldn't swing it.  Any resto on the key books?  

12,101 posts
1 hour ago, MustEatBrains said:

Let us know what that one pulls down if you are around for it.  I was going to show up there today but couldn't swing it.  Any resto on the key books?  

Will do!

I bought a shortbox of Doctor Strange, half Master of the Mystic Arts and half Sorcerer Supreme (2-90) and a small lot of Marvel Super Heroes including the Medusa cover so the day won't be a waste if I miss out on the bigger books.

4,100 posts
38 minutes ago, Bird said:
1 hour ago, MustEatBrains said:

Will do!

I bought a shortbox of Doctor Strange, half Master of the Mystic Arts and half Sorcerer Supreme (2-90) and a small lot of Marvel Super Heroes including the Medusa cover so the day won't be a waste if I miss out on the bigger books.

https://www.estatesales.net/NJ/Edison/08837/2224062

12,101 posts

Geppi is here

DA93C441-D7B2-4D9C-8EB9-58070DDA81B3.jpeg

12,101 posts

I got the first two books which were old slabs but I’ve been shut out after that so far

3,099 posts
5 minutes ago, Bird said:

Avengers 3 going home with me

I actually like that cover the best out of the first 3 Avs.

And that's a nice copy you got.

12,101 posts

Okay, do you guys want to know what the AF15 went for or should we take guesses for a day? Geppi took it down to Baltimore. He was one of two main buyers on the bigger books.

3,208 posts
1 minute ago, Bird said:

Okay, do you guys want to know what the AF15 went for or should we take guesses for a day? Geppi took it down to Baltimore. He was one of two main buyers on the bigger books.

No guess from me just spill!  It looked at least a 5.5 to me.  What was the consensus on grade with the book in hand?

3,208 posts

If it was unrestored and went for 30k or less I’d be unhappy as I would have paid that based on the pics.

12,101 posts

There was no resto noted on any of the books but they don't guarantee anything. I'll spill later on tonight so if anyone wants to get guesses in they can.

3,208 posts
1 minute ago, Bird said:

There was no resto noted on any of the books but they don't guarantee anything. I'll spill later on tonight so if anyone wants to get guesses in they can.

Cool.  If you know the hammer on those other key books like ASM 1 etc would be nice to know what those brought in.  Certainly an impressive collection.  Hope you had fun, seems like a blast to have been there.

12,101 posts
1 minute ago, MustEatBrains said:

Cool.  If you know the hammer on those other key books like ASM 1 etc would be nice to know what those brought in.  Certainly an impressive collection.  Hope you had fun, seems like a blast to have been there.

Yes, I wrote down the hammer on the first 30 or so books. I'll just photo the pages in my notebook so people can see them. Dinner and daughter time first though.

30,405 posts

:popcorn:

30,405 posts
1 hour ago, Bird said:

I'll guess 52K

12,101 posts

See someone likes to have fun 

12,101 posts

I thought that it could also go for 50,000 but that’s high I also picked the ASM one at 10,000 but that was that as

12,101 posts

Here are the hammer prices you have to add 15% buyers premium and if you didn’t have a dealer tax exempt form you had to pay 7% sales tax as well

image.jpg

BCC513FC-8DBA-4841-B236-9E3785EC6674.jpeg

088DDEDF-C1C2-4462-B7A6-5CB8CC549CF9.jpeg

12,101 posts

The letter M Means that a local dealer name Mike bought it the G is for Steve Geppi and x was the guy sitting in front of me who bought a lot of the most expensive books as well