• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
60 60

15,838 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

Great movie,still have my 'puffy' vhs.

It's funny to me how punk rockers were used so often as baddies in the eighties.Lee Ving from Fear had a small career due to that I think.Quincy punx is the most celebrated I guess,with a band with that moniker,but there's lots if you look.After school specials,horror films ChIPs lollol This entire episode is worth watching.

I bet laser disks and vhs ect would do pretty good in its own thread? @Rip seems to have a tonne of cool horror collectables-those tickets-out of site!

YES, Lee Ving used to pop up everywhere. For some reason he's Mr. Boddy in "Clue", but he also has a great part in "Get Crazy" playing a character at is basically himself. Plus it has Malcolm McDowell as a Jagger-esque star, and a terrific soundtrack by Sparks, Ramones, etc. Man I love that flick, but no one has ever heard of it!

I bought a couple of Laserdisks back in the day--- from two of my favorite rock movies--- Pink Floyd the Wall and (because I must have fallen asleep every time I saw it at the midnight show during Bonzo's drum solo) Led Zepplin Song Remains the Same. I still have a working high end Laser disk player -- which is built for Laser Karaoke play as well-- though I have sold all of the karaoke discs on ebay, NOt sure why I am holding off selling the last parts-- I just recall how awesome the picture and sound was when watching the Wall. Never considered the uncompressed portion that might impact sound quality.

19 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I bought a couple of Laserdisks back in the day--- from two of my favorite rock movies--- Pink Floyd the Wall and (because I must have fallen asleep every time I saw it at the midnight show during Bonzo's drum solo) Led Zepplin Song Remains the Same. I still have a working high end Laser disk player -- which is built for Laser Karaoke play as well-- though I have sold all of the karaoke discs on ebay, NOt sure why I am holding off selling the last parts-- I just recall how awesome the picture and sound was when watching the Wall. Never considered the uncompressed portion that might impact sound quality.

I don't believe the Wall has come out on Blu-Ray, the last version was DVD.

Was at the Dollarama on Tuesday and found this for four loonies-they had a decent amount of collected trades as well,but only this hardcover.Do you folks stateside get stuff like this at your dollar stores?It's a decent read so far,great artwork.This is volume two,I'm really not up on modern stuff.

!!!!!1.thumb.jpg.abafc9647d3ff87705cb1babe1b8be29.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

24 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Was at the Dollarama on Tuesday and found this for four loonies-they had a decent amount of collected trades as well,but only this hardcover.Do you folks stateside get stuff like this at your dollar stores?It's a decent read so far,great artwork.This is volume two,I'm really not up on modern stuff.

Just because I think that I am answering your question, "dollar store" not so much I don't think.... that's saved for your pens, cheaper kitchen utensils, notebook paper, wrapping paper, candy, $1 anniversary/ birthday cards, frames for pictures, toys, coloring books, canned food etc.

Used bookstore might have it at $7-5, but now that I think about it by the coloring books at the dollar store there might be such..... lol

15 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Where was this?  I've never seen comics at dollar stores....

16 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I usually only see some colouring books in the Dollarama 

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

If this stuff has gotten into dollar stores it means that the tariffs on china are working

umm tariffs would make the cost of goods go up.. 

1. Tariff cost passed to consumer through goods prices 

2. More American products can be competitive.. not really less competition means prices go up and if the competitions prices go up the American made one will just increase theirs why because the competition goes up and they advertise they sell better quality American made products. 

So either way Lose Lose for average consumer.

but hey what do I know.. 

11 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

umm tariffs would make the cost of goods go up.. 

1. Tariff cost passed to consumer through goods prices 

2. More American products can be competitive.. not really less competition means prices go up and if the competitions prices go up the American made one will just increase theirs why because the competition goes up and they advertise they sell better quality American made products. 

So either way Lose Lose for average consumer.

but hey what do I know.. 

The joke is if an iron man comic book made it to the dollar store than the Chinese stuff typically found here in .99 cent store got priced out of the vendor budget. 

I hope it works now

and....

Hahaha

5 hours ago, spreads said:

Where was this?  I've never seen comics at dollar stores....

This was the Elgin location.I've seen the odd stack of say a random X-drek book at different locations,and got a nifty Captain Canuck colouring book at the Rideau Center third floor dollar shop,but this was the nicest find so far.Edit-the Captain Canuck is my fave,tbh-was such an oddball find.

Edited by porcupine48

Not so much dollar stores here, but 5 Below carries a very limited amount of  three packs. There's an overstock store a few towns over that has tons of packs and TPBs. Not worth the trip on it's own, but if I'm in the area...

6 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

This was the Elgin location.I've seen the odd stack of say a random X-drek book at different locations,and got a nifty Captain Canuck colouring book at the Rideau Center third floor dollar shop,but this was the nicest find so far.Edit-the Captain Canuck is my fave,tbh-was such an oddball find.

I saw some remaindered CrossGen TPBs at a Dollarama n Niagara a few years ago, but that’s the only time I’ve seen comics.

10 hours ago, Conacon said:

Not so much dollar stores here, but 5 Below carries a very limited amount of  three packs. There's an overstock store a few towns over that has tons of packs and TPBs. Not worth the trip on it's own, but if I'm in the area...

The Five Belows near me have a regular stack of OOP trade paperbacks, including Batman, XMen, and even How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way.

21 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

It's called a joke but geez I guess everyone's too busy being serious today

Not serious, but give us a joke that makes sense!

A pregnant nun in a bar is sweating....wait that's not how it goes....see what I mean?

19 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I can see why you would find books in those locations!