• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jeffro™ said:

Can you guys move this  p iss ing match over to Phil's Joking Lot?

Shhhhhhhhhh. Joke fight over dollar books and Chinese tariffs? 

Gold, Jerkfo, gold.

Edited by Park

2 hours ago, Park said:
3 hours ago, Jeffro™ said:

Can you guys move this  p iss ing match over to Phil's Joking Lot?

Shhhhhhhhhh. Joke fight over dollar books and Chinese tariffs? 

Gold, Jerkfo, gold.

Plus, I forgot it's Friday. doh! Lord Weanie can carry on. 

1 hour ago, Jeffro™ said:

Plus, I forgot it's Friday. doh! Lord Weanie can carry on. 

Who's a frankfurter then? I'm going to take a stroll to the buckstore now,see if there's any okay reads at the one closer to us.I did find the Walking Dead Governor ect novels there for two bucks,maybe I'll have some luck.To keep on topic,these SciFi books were cheap at a yard sale last Saturday.The Harlan Ellison edited anthology-Again,Dangerous Visions is pretty decent so far

!!!!!1.jpg.144957dd3c0778b09da1dfa3ea8fef1f.jpg!!!!!3.jpg.caefc65d3e9f68032067f990eb035054.jpg

40 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Back on topic. $1100 from Facebook Marketplace last night. Saw the listing at 3. Pinged her at 3:01. She emailed back at 3:15 saying "you were first but need it tonight because there are multiple other people." Paypal sent at 3:30. Drove up there at 6:30. In my house at 9:00. So much win. $100 a long. Includes multiple pre-Code ACG horror books

And you’re also all stocked up on those late Miller Daredevils we were talking about in the other thread 🙂

On 8/16/2019 at 4:58 PM, porcupine48 said:

Who's a frankfurter then? I'm going to take a stroll to the buckstore now,see if there's any okay reads at the one closer to us.I did find the Walking Dead Governor ect novels there for two bucks,maybe I'll have some luck.To keep on topic,these SciFi books were cheap at a yard sale last Saturday.The Harlan Ellison edited anthology-Again,Dangerous Visions is pretty decent so far

!!!!!1.jpg.144957dd3c0778b09da1dfa3ea8fef1f.jpg!!!!!3.jpg.caefc65d3e9f68032067f990eb035054.jpg

You didn't go to the garage sale Sunday?  Good guys, cheap books....thought you'd be all over it.

On 8/17/2019 at 2:53 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Back on topic. $1100 from Facebook Marketplace last night. Saw the listing at 3. Pinged her at 3:01. She emailed back at 3:15 saying "you were first but need it tonight because there are multiple other people." Paypal sent at 3:30. Drove up there at 6:30. In my house at 9:00. So much win. $100 a long. Includes multiple pre-Code ACG horror books

Coffee (and donuts) are for closers!  Congrats and show some pics!  

3 hours ago, spreads said:

You didn't go to the garage sale Sunday?  Good guys, cheap books....thought you'd be all over it.

I didn't hear about it.Been keeping off social media and email. :frown: C'est la vie I guess.

On 8/13/2019 at 8:35 PM, 01TheDude said:

I bought a couple of Laserdisks back in the day--- from two of my favorite rock movies--- Pink Floyd the Wall and (because I must have fallen asleep every time I saw it at the midnight show during Bonzo's drum solo) Led Zepplin Song Remains the Same. I still have a working high end Laser disk player -- which is built for Laser Karaoke play as well-- though I have sold all of the karaoke discs on ebay, NOt sure why I am holding off selling the last parts-- I just recall how awesome the picture and sound was when watching the Wall. Never considered the uncompressed portion that might impact sound quality.

Working high end players sell well, if you're ever looking to move it. There's a dedicated Laser collectors group on FB that is always showing off their fancy players, and some still sell for crazy money. So be sure you get a fair price if you do decide to let it go!

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Working high end players sell well, if you're ever looking to move it. There's a dedicated Laser collectors group on FB that is always showing off their fancy players, and some still sell for crazy money. So be sure you get a fair price if you do decide to let it go!

I still have the box, remote, and all contents that it came in. Kind of on the fence for getting rid of it since it is the only way to play the Wall/Zep disks. But seeing as I do that once in a blue moon-- maybe it is time to let it go.